Where is the staff..

• 13 replies

pmg911

Where is the staff..
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
This topic was mentioned in the Briscoe thread but was curious if anyone actually knows who they are seeing during this short live period.

I am not seeing anything on social media and anyone who follows Coach Laving has seen a series of very nice photos he has been posting this week.

Hopefully they are out taking care of business but it certainly doesn't seem like they are going out of their way to see the two biggest targets they are currently recruiting.

paultzman

Re: Where is the staff..
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »
This topic was mentioned in the Briscoe thread but was curious if anyone actually knows who they are seeing during this short live period.

I am not seeing anything on social media and anyone who follows Coach Laving has seen a series of very nice photos he has been posting this week.

Hopefully they are out taking care of business but it certainly doesn't seem like they are going out of their way to see the two biggest targets they are currently recruiting.

At Otis' house?

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »

At Otis' house?

Hahahahaha!!!!

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Source says St Johns assistant Rico Hines will be at Hutchinson CC this week to see Bashir Ahmed & Deshawn Freeman. #sjubb

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Source says St Johns assistant Rico Hines will be at Hutchinson CC this week to see Bashir Ahmed & Deshawn Freeman. #sjubb

Alriggght!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 05:21:51 PM »

Battling Iona for recruits

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »
This is quite bizarre.  How is our head coach not out anywhere today?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
https://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1680514

"St. Raymond has a big time talent in 6'6" forward Sidney Wilson '17. Pair him with 6'3" off guard Caheim Brown '16 and 6'0" point guard Isaiah Washington '17 and they look to be a favorite in the CHSAA this season. South Florida head coach Orlando Antigua is coming in on Friday to check out all their players, while Ravens head coach Jorge Lopez added that he has received calls from St. John's, Villanova, Indiana, Temple, Seton Hall, Buffalo, Fairfield, Fordham, and Stony Brook, all of which are due into the Bronx school soon."

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »
OSNA:

OSNABasketballFamily
‏@osnaosbf   @JohnniesPride SJU was here yesterday! #johnnies

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »
OSNA:

OSNABasketballFamily
‏@osnaosbf   @JohnniesPride SJU was here yesterday! #johnnies

I love the OSNA coach.

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
@JucoRecruiting: St. John's, USC and Nebraska will be in tomorrow to see Deshawn Freeman (6'7/F/2015) of Hutchinson CC.

Hope ASU takes Freeman & we get Tanksley E., a better player I'm told.

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »
@JucoRecruiting: St. John's, USC and Nebraska will be in tomorrow to see Deshawn Freeman (6'7/F/2015) of Hutchinson CC.

One is a wing other is PF we can use both of them.

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »
Looking at our "recruiting" for the all important 2015 class, I'm trying to get into the mindset of Lavin & Company. Is there urgency? Is a big name going to pop for St Johns during the fall?

1. Going into the 2015-16 Season, minus D'Lo, PGIV, Branch, Pointer, Obekpa and Jordan, the staff probably feels they wont have many holes in the front court. They will have Adonis, Jones, Thomas and Amar returning. The back court will have Henderson and Stewart.

2. No big name is going to pop for a Steve Lavin who would be making three straight trips to the NIT if we don't make the Tourney this year. Lavin, with his players, has won all of one NIT game in three years since going to the NCAAs with Norm's guys.

3. What that means is that the blogs and websites will continue to be littered with other programs gobbling up name players until the Spring, when the verdict comes in as to whether a kid can count on going to the NCAAs with this coaching staff.

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
St. Raymond's in Bronx with Tony Chiles representing SJU;

@CoachLopez12: Hofstra, St. Peter's, Stony Brook, USF, Minnesota, St. John's & Indiana all stopped by this week to checkout the #Ravens.