Lindy's 14/15 Preview

• 25 replies

Poison

Lindy's 14/15 Preview
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »
Predicted Order: Nova, STJ, Georgetown, Xavier, Prov, Creighton, Hall, Butler, Marq and Dep.

Harrison 1st Team
Obekpa 2nd Team
Jordan 3rd Team

POY: Harrison
Newcomer of the Year: Isaac Copeland
Top Shooter: Hilliard
Top Rebounder: Kameron Woods
Top Defender: Obekpa
Top Playmaker: Dee Davis
Most Versatile: Harrison
Top NBA Prospect: Harrison
Most Entertaining: Jordan

Re: Lindy's 14/15 Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
Predicted Order: Nova, STJ, Georgetown, Xavier, Prov, Creighton, Hall, Butler, Marq and Dep.

Harrison 1st Team
Obekpa 2nd Team
Jordan 3rd Team

POY: Harrison
Newcomer of the Year: Isaac Copeland
Top Shooter: Hilliard
Top Rebounder: Kameron Woods
Top Defender: Obekpa
Top Playmaker: Dee Davis
Most Versatile: Harrison
Top NBA Prospect: Harrison
Most Entertaining: Jordan

I love Harrison but I don't think he is the most versatile or the best pro prospect on his own team.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
Harrison is not an NBA prospect and certainly not the  #1 prospect in the conference.  I can give you ten better prospects, two on St. John's alone. 

I can understand the most versatile though.  If he had to, I bet he could play any position 1-4.  He's got a terrific handle--very underrated IMO--he can shoot, score, he gets after it on defense...strong kid, good rebounder.  He's only limited by his height. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:43:42 PM by Marillac »

Foad

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:28 PM »
Harrison is not an NBA prospect and certainly not the  #1 prospect in the conference.  I can give you ten better prospects, two on St. John's alone. 

I can understand the most versatile though.  If he had to, I bet he could play any position 1-4.  He's got a terrific handle--very underrated IMO--he can shoot, score, he gets after it on defense...strong kid, good rebounder.  He's only limited by his height. 

With Harrison at the 4 and Jones at the 2 we will present some teams with huge match up problems.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »

With Harrison at the 4 and Jones at the 2 we will present some teams with huge match up problems.

Hahah

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 09:18:17 PM »

I'd rather Harrison at the four before seeing Jones at the three.

desco80

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »

Handle?    When was the last time  you saw D'Angelo drive left?   
He's our best player, and probably the best in the conference but he is neither an NBA prospect nor very versatile.    He's  a score-first sg.   Not a true spot-up shopter, but a guy who slashes enough, shoots well enough, and just has a knack for scoring the ball.

And he plays hard all of the time.  He is undersized and a not a great athlete, yet D'Angelo picks up rebounds and blocks over Sampson pointer and obekpa. 

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 06:55:12 AM »

He's our best player, and probably the best in the conference but he is neither an NBA prospect nor very versatile.    He's  a score-first sg.   Not a true spot-up shopter, but a guy who slashes enough, shoots well enough, and just has a knack for scoring the ball.

And he plays hard all of the time.  He is undersized and a not a great athlete, yet D'Angelo picks up rebounds and blocks over Sampson pointer and obekpa. 

On the contrary when was the last time you saw someone rip dlos dribble? He doesnt have a handle that consists of ankle breaking crossovers but his handle is very tight and rarely if ever gets flustered with the ball in his hands.

Foad

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 08:54:15 AM »
nor very versatile.   

Led the team in scoring, second in rebounding, second in assists. Double doubled two of the last three games of the season, which is two more double doubles than anyone else had (except Sampson, who's now a 76er, despite being an awful addition by subtraction who will be easily replaced by a walkon).

So he's sort of versatile, in that he does nearly everything better than everyone else.

boo3

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
 I wouldn't dismiss D'lo's NBA prospects so easily.  Kid has a huge heart and is a great ball player.. I wouldn't put it past him.

I see Jordan as a 1st or 2nd teamer....At least I hope for the teams sake

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »

On the contrary when was the last time you saw someone rip dlos dribble? He doesnt have a handle that consists of ankle breaking crossovers but his handle is very tight and rarely if ever gets flustered with the ball in his hands.

Exactly.  He doesn't have the quickness to get by guys, but his handle is as tight as the come.  I'd rather him have the ball to end the game than anyone else.

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »
Athlon has us 4th in the conference and in the NIT.

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 06:51:37 PM »
Athlon has us 4th in the conference and in the NIT.

How many Big East teams do they have in?

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
I think the Big East will get 3 in but honestly wouldn't be too shocked if the conference only got 2.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »
Would be real surprised if we didnt get 4 teams.

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 07:30:45 PM »

Which 4?

Poison

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 09:58:43 PM »

Which 4?

I think Nova, STJ, Xavier and Georgetown. Not hard guesses considering the experience on these teams. If 4 teams dance, I'd consider that a more than acceptable season for the BE. Johnnies have to do their part. Now or never.

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »

Which 4?

I think Nova, STJ, Xavier and Georgetown. Not hard guesses considering the experience on these teams. If 4 teams dance, I'd consider that a more than acceptable season for the BE. Johnnies have to do their part. Now or never.

agreed. I think 4 is the least amount of bids the conference will ever get. I think those are the top 4 who end up dancing with Providence and Seton Hall being the next two who have an outside shot to dance. Butler, Creighton, Marquette NIT quality teams as well, but not all those will make it due to the auto bids to the NIT.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »

Which 4?

agreed. I think 4 is the least amount of bids the conference will ever get. I think those are the top 4 who end up dancing with Providence and Seton Hall being the next two who have an outside shot to dance. Butler, Creighton, Marquette NIT quality teams as well, but not all those will make it due to the auto bids to the NIT.

I see Seton Hall finishing second to last right ahead of, of course, Depaul. They may have talented freshman, but they return very little.

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

Which 4?

I see Seton Hall finishing second to last right ahead of, of course, Depaul. They may have talented freshman, but they return very little.

They return their starting back court  in Gibbs and Sina, and return  role player PF in Mobley. Yes they lost a lot, but they return their second best player in Gibbs  and 2 other players of note. No way they finish that low. I see them 6th in the league, but could fall to 7th. Can't see them below Creighton who lost even more and brought in way less. I'm also very low on Marquette, but could see them surprising.