Orlando Sanchez signs with Knicks

• 20 replies

Tha Kid

Orlando Sanchez signs with Knicks
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Sanchez signs with the hometown KNICKS.  No word if there are any partial guarantees, etc.  But likely to see him in Westchester I'd imagine...
"I drink and I know things"

Re: Orlando Sanchez signs with Knicks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:46:34 PM »
Yeah I'd be shocked if he made the team but at least he'll get a chance at Westchester.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
It's a good thing he can play all 5 positions. Gives him the best chance to make the team.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:21:12 PM by Poison »

desco80

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 04:17:57 PM »
The D-league is going to be stocked with former SJU talent.    DJ, Brownlee, Horne?, Mase still?,  Jakarr (most likely), Sanchez, I think Nuri is there
And next year could add a few more:  Obekpa?   Dee?   Jordan?

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »
The D-league is going to be stocked with former SJU talent.    DJ, Brownlee, Horne?, Mase still?,  Jakarr (most likely), Sanchez, I think Nuri is there

Hahaha I don't think that is a selling point.
I hope we retain Jordan and Obekpa.  They would both be making mistakes if they left early, and we could be so nasty if they stay and we add Briscoe and the Jucos (sounds like a band).

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 05:07:54 PM »
In the 1930s the Wonder 5 play together professionally as top bananas. How far the program has fallen,

boo3

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 05:44:44 PM »
NBA New York Knicks ‏@nyknicks  2m
President @PhilJackson11 announces the #Knicks have signed Orlando Sanchez.

Official!

Congrats to Orlando... 

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 06:54:48 PM »

I hope we retain Jordan and Obekpa.  They would both be making mistakes if they left early, and we could be so nasty if they stay and we add Briscoe and the Jucos (sounds like a band).

You may be right but isn't it a little premature to state this before the season has even started? Especially in Jordan's case who has immense talent.

We all would have said the same thin about moe before his freshman season too...

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »

You may be right but isn't it a little premature to state this before the season has even started? Especially in Jordan's case who has immense talent.

We all would have said the same thin about moe before his freshman season too...

Especially Marillac, who said it many many times ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 08:37:04 PM »

I was the first to label Moe a potential lottery pick :) 
I think Jordan is a big talent.  I think he can get drafted in the second round next year, but I see no way he is taken in the first round.

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »

I think Jordan is a big talent.  I think he can get drafted in the second round next year, but I see no way he is taken in the first round.

I think differently then most on this board when it comes to Rysheed. My gut tells me that he is more than capable of getting into the 1st round this year. His package of size, skill, and athleticism is exactly what the league looks for.

Now stay for his junior year and I think he could be a lottery pick.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »
How can the Knicks sign Sanchez when he is starting for the Utah Jazz? I actually liked Orlando for us and would have liked to see what he could have done if he had a second year of eligibility but don't know if he is going to see any time on Knick roster.

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »
Bet the under on the Knicks this year

boo3

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »

Where is Scott Machado these days?

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 03:09:44 PM »

Estonia. Momo is in Qatar.

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »

Estonia. Momo is in Qatar.
Didn't realize they had enlisted.

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
I'm with you amase.  I actually think Jordan has an outside chance at a lottery pick after this year if he really dedicated himself and is ready to take over.  The talent is there.  But is bet on late first early second without seeing that the transformation that can happen has happened.

I think differently then most on this board when it comes to Rysheed. My gut tells me that he is more than capable of getting into the 1st round this year. His package of size, skill, and athleticism is exactly what the league looks for.

Now stay for his junior year and I think he could be a lottery pick.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »
He may very well work his way into first round this season but I can tell you that right now he is not on the NBA top 100 list just like Jakarr was not heading into last season but you never know where he will wind up after the season.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
If you look at how Orlando performed against the NCAA tournament teams we played last year, it's hard to see him making the team. Then again, I didn't expect him to even be considered. That said, I hope I eat my words. Good luck Orlando. I'll be pulling for you.

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 02:12:39 PM »
I thought Orlando played well against syracuse. Dont think he ever plays in NBA but think he makes a nice living playing basketball.