Harrison Highlight

• 18 replies
Harrison Highlight
« on: September 28, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »
D'Angelo Harrison Mix- 6'4 Guard Missouri City, TX

In case anyone wanted to look back on his career. Here's a highlight of his time at St. John's.

I know ive loved watching this kid play for these past 3 years. Now lets go out with a bang DLO!

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Re: Harrison Highlight
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:55:51 AM »
missing his shot against marquette.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:53:46 PM »
Will finish among the top scorers in SJU history.

However, tough to get excited about a "highlight" reel that consists of the opening minutes against Rutgers, Wagner, Monmouth, etc.

DFF6

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »

However, tough to get excited about a "highlight" reel that consists of the opening minutes against Rutgers, Wagner, Monmouth, etc.

Harrison has given this team more than any reasonable person could have expected since his freshman year.  So what if his highlight reel is not as good (yet) as, say, Hatten's, or even Hardy's?  He's been the best or second best player this team has had the last 3 years, and will likely have a great senior year as well.  I would love to see him go out with a few signature games, where he hits the winning shot or is dominant against a top 25 team.   From my vantage point, he deserves all the success he can get.   

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »

Harrison has given this team more than any reasonable person could have expected since his freshman year.  So what if his highlight reel is not as good (yet) as, say, Hatten's, or even Hardy's?  He's been the best or second best player this team has had the last 3 years, and will likely have a great senior year as well.  I would love to see him go out with a few signature games, where he hits the winning shot or is dominant against a top 25 team.   From my vantage point, he deserves all the success he can get.   
Totally agree. Very deserving guy!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 01:32:09 PM »
If everyone wearing an SJU uniform had his heart, desire and intensity we wouldnt be debating potentially being a tournament team.  He could have called it quits and moved on after the sophmore year debacle but he looked in the mirror and became a better person and player.  Luv this kid !

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »

Totally agree. Very deserving guy!

Last year for him, and this class to make the NCAA.
Harrison and Jordan need to avg 35-40pnts and 10assists combined. A little much to expect?
Well if they want to make the NCAA Tournament, then I believe that's the least they have to do.
They have to carry the team

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »
Dangelo Harrison ‏@DangeloHarrison  2m2 minutes ago
I play for what's on in front of my jersey!! The rest will take care of itself. #RealTalk #iplayfordre

Love this guy
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: D'Angelo Harrison All-Met Player of Week. Voted in by media. #sjubb

redslope

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
What I love is how he handled his suspension.  99% of college players would have done nothing to correct a negative behavior but would have simply transferred to another school.   Dangelo faced his issues, got help with them through working with John Lucas and then came back to the team a changed AND better person.   

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »
What I love is how he handled his suspension. 99% of college players would have done nothing to correct a negative behavior but would have simply transferred to another school. Dangelo faced his issues, got help with them through working with John Lucas and then came back to the team a changed AND better person.
+1

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
What I love is how he handled his suspension. 99% of college players would have done nothing to correct a negative behavior but would have simply transferred to another school. Dangelo faced his issues, got help with them through working with John Lucas and then came back to the team a changed AND better person.
i think a lot of credit needs to be given to his grandmother. i believe she raised him.  she is a BIG supporter of the johnnies giving props very often on twitter and instagram.  she's comes to NYC about 3 times a year.  And i think it speaks volumes, that when DLo was suspended she wasted no time in coming to NY to talk with Lavin and support DLo.  

Moose

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »
i think a lot of credit needs to be given to his grandmother. i believe she raised him. she is a BIG supporter of the johnnies giving props very often on twitter and instagram. she's comes to NYC about 3 times a year. And i think it speaks volumes, that when DLo was suspended she wasted no time in coming to NY to talk with Lavin and support DLo.

Met her in Charleston.  Real nice lady.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 03:45:40 PM »
Just out of pure curiousity, since we were never told what exactly his trangressions were , how does anyone outside of the program know he "corrected" his problem.
See to someone as myself who thought the suspension was not necessary based purely on his on court actions I would like to know.

I never had a problem with him on the court before, and he seems exactly the same now that he has been "corrected"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:46:31 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »
Just out of pure curiousity, since we were never told what exactly his trangressions were , how does anyone outside of the program know he "corrected" his problem.
See to someone as myself who thought the suspension was not necessary based purely on his on court actions I would like to know.

I never had a problem with him on the court before, and he seems exactly the same now that he has been "corrected"

Waited an hour for you to post.

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
Just out of pure curiousity, since we were never told what exactly his trangressions were , how does anyone outside of the program know he "corrected" his problem. See to someone as myself who thought the suspension was not necessary based purely on his on court actions I would like to know. I never had a problem with him on the court before, and he seems exactly the same now that he has been "corrected"

I posted said transgressions at the time. Old news

redslope

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »

I guess you did not see him much in year one and two to realize there were issues with his on court behavior that need modification

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »
Still complains about calls and still eye rolls. Again nothing worse than anything Pointer or Obepka have done. We were told was off court stuff. SO serious question since you have no idea what it was how do you know he is "cured". Again if someone can properly explain that to me, I would reconsider my stance that the whole thing was Lavin induced BS
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 05:02:55 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 05:00:12 PM »
I posted said transgressions at the time. Old news-Baldi

Yeah Bluto, I put a lot of faith in your inside scoops.

Let's see Landesburg, Kevin Jones, Lance Stephenson and many others played for SJU, Norm is still coaching, Lavin is on the West Coast somewhere, Jordan is at Temple, Iona is a real school....the list of your inside scoops goes on and on