Keith Thomas 1st look photo

• 21 replies
Keith Thomas 1st look photo
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
This kid doesn't look like he's going to be pushed around.

St. John's Red Storm @StJohnsRedStorm
SJU Students get your tickets @ 9am on Oct. 17 from the Carnesecca box office; general public can get theirs @ 3:30 pic.twitter.com/g9eUM8M1Mf

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Byt59akIEAEXO8a.jpg

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:01:20 AM by Dave »

Re: Keith Thomas
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
Any news on what year Keith got in terms of eligibility? Crossing my fingers hoping he got 3 years.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »
This pic and what I recall about Mr. Jones should make for a darn chiseled front line.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:17:13 AM »
Any news on what year Keith got in terms of eligibility? Crossing my fingers hoping he got 3 years.

RedStormSports.com finally updated the roster. He only got two years, is listed as a junior.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »

RedStormSports.com finally updated the roster. He only got two years, is listed as a junior.

Saw that, thanks.  Same as Felix

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »

I guess putting him back in redshirt warmups didn't convince the NCAA. Shame for Felix.

Marillac

Re: Keith Thomas 1st look photo
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 12:22:18 AM »

I guess putting him back in redshirt warmups didn't convince the NCAA. Shame for Felix.

It's likely that a final decision from the NCAA hasn't been rendered.  The NCAA is also on the ropes, and I can't imagine them fighting back too hard if SJU appealed or hired a lawyer on Balamou's behalf in the even that the redshirt was denied.

Tiznow

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »

It's likely that a final decision from the NCAA hasn't been rendered.  The NCAA is also on the ropes, and I can't imagine them fighting back too hard if SJU appealed or hired a lawyer on Balamou's behalf in the even that the redshirt was denied.

I just don't think SJU is in a strong position with regards to pushing back on the NCAA.  This is the one area where the BCS Football schools can succeed over non football conferences. 

I hope Felix gets it.  He deserves it.  It will be a mark on the program if he gets screwed out of a full season over a poor decision made by the coaches last December.

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »
Not trying to be mean. But would rather find felix's replacement a year earlier. Dont see him making an impact this year. Dont think he is playing at proper level. We have had better players transfer out.

Foad

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
Not trying to be mean. But would rather find felix's replacement a year earlier. Dont see him making an impact this year. Dont think he is playing at proper level. We have had better players transfer out.

Not trying to be mean. But wish you'd stop posting. Dont think you know what you're talking about. Dont think you understand the game of basketball. We've had much better posters than you have left, like scotch and Joe3.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 11:46:55 AM »

I just don't think SJU is in a strong position with regards to pushing back on the NCAA.  This is the one area where the BCS Football schools can succeed over non football conferences. 

I hope Felix gets it.  He deserves it.  It will be a mark on the program if he gets screwed out of a full season over a poor decision made by the coaches last December.

Well said.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:47:57 AM by paultzman »

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »

Not trying to be mean. But wish you'd stop posting. Dont think you know what you're talking about. Dont think you understand the game of basketball. We've had much better posters than you have left, like scotch and Joe3.  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Why is he good? He can't shoot. He can't dribble. He is the 5th guard on a team that will play their top 2 guards 30 minutes a game. How is he valuable? I am not as witty as you are . And definitely not as Internet tough. Please explain why he is valuable since you know so much about basketball. I imagine if we met you wouldn't be looking to make smart remarks. Not because I am such a tough guy. Just because you certainly are not. How many internet scrapes do you get into in a week? Month? Year? I will laugh at your comeback. Because it probably will be funny. However it doesn't change the fact that your a loser who starts fights with strangers on a Message board. Sorry if that was to mean .

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »

Why is he good? He can't shoot. He can't dribble. He is the 5th guard on a team that will play their top 2 guards 30 minutes a game. How is he valuable? I am not as witty as you are . And definitely not as Internet tough. Please explain why he is valuable since you know so much about basketball. I imagine if we met you wouldn't be looking to make smart remarks. Not because I am such a tough guy. Just because you certainly are not. How many internet scrapes do you get into in a week? Month? Year? I will laugh at your comeback. Because it probably will be funny. However it doesn't change the fact that your a loser who starts fights with strangers on a Message board. Sorry if that was to mean .

He shoots better then Dom. So do you and I though. And the fact that he won't get minutes this year because of our strong backcourt is exactly the reason why we should hope he has 3 years left with us. That would give him this year to improve and two more to excel.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

Earlier this week you described NBA mortal lock Rysheed Jordan as (1) a junior (2) the most talented player on his team and (3) one of the two most overrated players in SJ history. So excuse me if I don't take seriously your evaluation of a kid you saw play for 20 minutes two years ago. That thud you heard on Thursday was your credibility plummeting through the earth's crust.

What's worse in this case is that Balamou got screwed out of a year of eligibility because his imbecile coach was trying to prove a point to, ironically, Rysheed Jordan. Your take on that screwing is so what if he lost a year of his life, it'll just get him out of here quicker. Which makes you sort of a douche. No offense.

As to Balamou, I proclaimed myself president of his fan club in November 2012 and haven't changed my opinion. Great athlete, soft hands, good instincts, pretty good handle, not a bad defender, great free throw shooter and all of that as a freshman. Just the sort of 4-year player this crappy misguided death spiral of a program needs. He will surprise many dopes like you, if not this year, then the next.

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
I agree with you.  Kid shows the kind of fight that this squad has been missing the last few years.  Hope to see Thomas add the same type of toughness we have been lacking.

ras

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
The only logical explanation for Lavin taking Felix off his redshirt is if he thought Sheed was gone. Other than that ,I would have to agree w Foad ,another Lavin blunder.

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
The only logical explanation for Lavin taking Felix off his redshirt is if he thought Sheed was gone. Other than that ,I would have to agree w Foad ,another Lavin blunder.

Oh really

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »

As to Balamou, I proclaimed myself president of his fan club in November 2012 and haven't changed my opinion. Great athlete, soft hands, good instincts, pretty good handle, not a bad defender, great free throw shooter and all of that as a freshman. Just the sort of 4-year player this crappy misguided death spiral of a program needs. He will surprise many dopes like you, if not this year, then the next.

Wow, there are two of us. 

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 08:16:12 AM »

I think Felix would give us better minutes than Dom

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »

I think Felix would give us better minutes than Dom

I think a decent amount of us feel this way.