Which newcomer will have the biggest impact?

• 40 replies

desco80

Which newcomer will have the biggest impact?
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
I think it'll be Thomas.   I haven't seen him play other than watching the JUCO games that were on youtube, but he's going to be given a big opportunity to fill the void left by Sampson and Sanchez.   

I'm not expecting much from ADR, but with Obekpa as the only other center on the roster, and with coach talking him up to reporters in the preseason, he might surprise us. 

Wods317

Re: Which newcomer will have the biggest impact?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:22 PM »
I would have to agree with you. Especially after seeing the picture of the kids today, hes built and will be tough on the boards. He is going to get a ton of playing time and I would expect something like 8pts and 7 boards a game from him this year.

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 06:23:23 PM »
I picked thomas. If he can rebound, play defense, and not be a lability on offense. We are going to be good

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »
I picked thomas. If he can rebound, play defense, and not be a lability on offense. We are going to be good
[/quote

I also picked Thomas either he is for real or we may have real problems.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
I picked Thomas. I think he well get huge minutes from day one. I think we will have no problems for the PF spot. See him and Jones combining for about 16 pts and 13 rbs
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »
thomas, because I believe he will be good and he is at a position that is open. The other positions would be hard for a newcomer to be a starter unless they were a 5 star recruit. One could argue the 3 is a little weak, but we will be playing a lot of three guard lineups. And the only newcomer who might be considered a 3 is Amar. Hopefully Adonis could get in shape, because CO is foul prone. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jones at the 4 and Thomas at the 5 sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:41:13 PM by ras »

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:47 PM »
thomas, because I believe he will be good and he is at a position that is open. The other positions would be hard for a newcomer to be a starter unless they were a 5 star recruit. One could argue the 3 is a little weak, but we will be playing a lot of three guard lineups. And the only newcomer who might be considered a 3 is Amar. Hopefully Adonis could get in shape, because CO is foul prone. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jones at the 4 and Thomas at the 5 sometimes.

Agree,
Branch
Rysheed
DLO
Jones
Thomas

Our best offensive lineup.

mkras99

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:06:30 PM »
If Jones is an option, shouldn't Felix be one too?

Poison

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 10:22:40 PM »

Agree,
Branch
Rysheed
DLO
Jones
Thomas

What makes you put Thomas and Jones on this list?

desco80

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 11:41:26 PM »
If Jones is an option, shouldn't Felix be one too?

Technically felix played last season, we haven't seen Jones in over a year.
That was the basis for his inclusion, but Felix is an interesting poasibility.
Do you think he gets on the floor enough to make an impact?

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 06:01:09 AM »

Agree,
Branch
Rysheed
DLO
Jones
Thomas

What makes you put Thomas and Jones on this list?

Ive spoke out about Jones all year. Think he is a good player and is offensively talented. And any lineup that has Obekpa in it, though I like him, is already at a disadvantage offensively.

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »
Thomas needs to be the answer to this question

Poison

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 07:45:54 AM »

He certainly does. Another thing that concerns me in the lack of depth in the paint. After Obekpa, who has been known to act like a difficult child, and Thomas, we are incredibly thin and young.

desco80

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »

He certainly does. Another thing that concerns me in the lack of depth in the paint. After Obekpa, who has been known to act like a difficult child, and Thomas, we are incredibly thin and young.

+1

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »

Young maybe but how can you say we are thin-we have ADR.   ;) :)

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
I think we are committed to a 3-guard offense. Ideally D'Lo and Sheed will always be on the court, barring foul trouble. Then you rotate Branch, PGIV and Pointer in the 3rd spot. Up front, you have Keith, Obekpa as starters, with Christian Jones and ADR as first two bigs off the bench.
Hopefully we tighten the rotation this year too. Those nine names above should really get 90% of the minutes.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »

Young maybe but how can you say we are thin-we have ADR.   ;) :)

And JDR! 

Foad

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »
I think we are committed to a 3-guard offense. Ideally D'Lo and Sheed will always be on the court, barring foul trouble. Then you rotate Branch, PGIV and Pointer in the 3rd spot. Up front, you have Keith, Obekpa as starters, with Christian Jones and ADR as first two bigs off the bench.
Hopefully we tighten the rotation this year too. Those nine names above should really get 90% of the minutes.

Last year 7 players got 85 percent of the minutes. How is 9 players getting 90 percent of the minutes tightening the rotation up?

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »

Agree,
Branch
Rysheed
DLO
Jones
Thomas

I could go with that lineup to start a game. Our best lineup would be to include Opekpa and take out Jones, gotta hope that Thomas can beast on the board as he did in JUCO.  I'd rather have CO at the end of games, I'd even wait till the under 12minute timeout if we had the lead.

Thomas as a newcomer will have the biggest impact.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:08:43 PM by mullin85berry86 »

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
This is what a sane person would do. Their really isnt any other option. If Lavin does this, I think we win big east. If not He has to go.