I was wrong about Adonis

• 37 replies
Re: I was wrong about Adonis
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »
If Lavin does not doing anything crazy (BIG IF) and just lets Jordan and Harrison go off, we should sneak into the tourney.

desco80

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
So many people are going to be proven wrong this year.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

which ones?

Marillac, Fordham, SimplyRed, Quanman, Dinkins, Mase ...

Desco, your prediction?

I think we are slightly worse than last season, and are probably 18-12 or 17-13 going into the Big East Tournament.
Ultimately we miss the tournament, again.   

We will end up missing Sampson and Sanchez a lot more than people want to acknowledge right now.  They weren't perfect but they could score far better than our current front court options, and scoring efficiently will be our achilles heel. 

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
missing the players maybe, not the basketball smarts. Outside of Sampsons monster defensive game vs creighton I for the life of me can't remember his making a huge mark on last season. Freshman year he did more, just my opinion.

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 11:47:33 PM »
Lest we forget Robert "Tractor" Traylor.

Wes Unseld, Jeff Ruland, Billy Singleton

DFF6

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:22 PM »
If Lavin does not doing anything crazy (BIG IF) and just lets Jordan and Harrison go off, we should sneak into the tourney.

Such a big IF.

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »
Christian Jones becomes a important play with the exit of Thomas.

SJUFAN

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »

Anyone know the status of Jones and when he is expected to return?

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 11:00:40 AM »
This team needs a Marco Baldi.  Some crazy nutso who plays his butt off and inspires this band of misfits

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
This team needs a Marco Baldi.  Some crazy nutso who plays his butt off and inspires this band of misfits
Are you talking about the team or our board?

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »

Baldi played like the indian in One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest.  We've had enough of them.

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 11:55:57 AM »
S

Baldi played like the indian in One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest.  We've had enough of them.
St. Johns University has banned the use of the word Indian in any context with regards to the Athletic Program.  Please use Native-American or JohnnyBird

Wods317

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »

Anyone know the status of Jones and when he is expected to return?

I asked Braziller on twitter and he said he was recovered from his injury.

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »
Golden opportunity for Jones.

wpc77

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »
I am happy to hear Dave's update on Adonis, because the game tape of him from last season reminded me of Curtis Johnson, less 4 inches and the limp.  Jones really needs to shine here (and by "shine" I mean give a consistent 25 or so minutes per game, with strong rebounding and defense).  A lot is depending on him. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:54:27 PM by wpc77 »

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
I am happy to hear Dave's update on Adonis, because the game tape of him from last season reminded me of Curtis Johnson, less 4 inches and the limp.  Jones really needs to shine here (and by "shine" I mean give a consistent 25 or so minutes per game, with strong rebounding and defense).  A lot is depending on him. 
10 minutes more likely.

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
10 minutes more likely.

For Jones? God I hope not
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
10 minutes more likely.

For Jones? God I hope not
Sorry, in my haste I responded about ADR.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:14:21 PM by paultzman »

desco80

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 04:41:06 PM »

What update?
He simply said now he's going to have to play a lot because Thomas is out of the picture.
That doesn't mean Adonis is any more ready to play than he was last week.