St. Mary's

• 136 replies

TONYD3

Re: St. Mary's
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:59 AM »

« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
Towards the end of the game when JDR was in, there was some nice defense being played by the team. Good switching and a lot of chatter going on. Good to see. I must of jumped out of my seat four or five times! Awesome come back

« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »

« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »
Thought Lavin playing traditional lineup in first half hurt a lot. While Joey Delarosa gave everything he had tonight and for most part had serviceable minutes he's still below par. I give him a lot of credit though because he gave everything he got but he is simply limited. While Waldo is very skilled SJU was lucky he wasn't a better athlete. 2nd half went small and played some zone too. This helped but what really made the difference was gutsy call to have Dom defend Waldo. Made a huge difference. Even though Obekpa fouled out I credit Lav for leaving him in. Scared money, don't make money. He made some big plays in 2nd half and had to play your best guys to win.
agree with everything except the zone. It was/is awful. Having another body will hopefulley retire any possible zones. I am not one to call Dunlap the savior, but since he left any zone = easy baskets.

Disagree, I think the zone has looked good thus far. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
To survive a game in which Mean Joe and Savior shoot a combined 3 for 20?  Wow!

- Not the "Greatest Show on Turnpike" we've come to know and love as the Johnnies did NOT have one single dunk the entire game.  Don't think that's ever happened before with this group.  Virtually no run outs/fast break points.  The only two I can recall ended with Dom bobbling the ball out of bounds and D'lo eschewing the layup and hitting a huge three.  When he does that announcers and bandwagon fans are cringing but vets know that's just how we roll.  St. Mary's is a strong and disciplined defensive team. 

- 3'lo missed, for him, a months worth of free throws in a night (3).  Carried entire scoring load; was scoring options 1, 2 and 3 for most of the night and was up to the task.

- Jordan shot 25% from the line.  Ugghh.

- Give credit to the skinny Delarosa who with no thawing whatsoever was thrown right into the fire and didn't incinerate. Interesting that he's immediately ahead of Mr. Jones and Da Ali B. I don't know how he didn't get a flagrant for making that kid need stitches.

- Triangle had a disastrous John Starks like shooting night but as we've come to expect still came up huge in crunch time pulling in a rebound amongst the trees after CO had fouled out with 11 seconds remaining and calmly nailing both ends of the game sealing one and one.

- Our defense in the second half was Phenomenal with Sir with much love leading the charge.  We worked hard!  His shutting down double zero from the front side keyed the win.  He really was "Costco" and we needed the 5 gallon mayonnaise and 50 roles of toilet paper.  He's going to win P of G.

- The typically sleepy Alumni hall crowd was large and in charge.  Their volume and energy no doubt helped key the second half charge.  The players needed it, felt it and mentioned it in the presser.

- Traffic!, Traffic! and more Traffic!  Driving around the metro region during the holiday season is like an enhanced interrogation technique.  I finally got to my seat with 9:18 remaining in the 1st half.

P.S.  Butler game is going to be a sold-out snake pit.  Even more so if we manage to win the next few.  I'm looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:15:38 PM by carmineabbatiello »

desco80

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to watch replays of games on Foxsports-go, like you can on Watchespn ?
So far I've been unable to watch games that have already been played. 

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »
Some thoughts about Saint Mary's: http://www.bigeastboards.com/
Did you write it?

In case you weren't aware, FOAD, Fun, Dr. Fun took over BEB from the maroons who were originally running it and going to close it down.  So yes, he wrote it.    PS, hadn't been to the site since the relaunch.   Interesting look, puts it right out there that you really don't GAF what anyone else has to say.  Also, listening to some Weasels this week (ipod on shuffle songs) and they're growing on me now that I'm used to your voice and the vaguely TMBG nasalness.

TONYD3

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
Did you write it?
In case you weren't aware, FOAD, Fun, Dr. Fun took over BEB from the maroons who were originally running it and going to close it down. So yes, he wrote it. PS, hadn't been to the site since the relaunch. Interesting look, puts it right out there that you really don't GAF what anyone else has to say. Also, listening to some Weasels this week (ipod on shuffle songs) and they're growing on me now that I'm used to your voice and the vaguely TMBG nasalness.
Don't understand 

Foad

« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
Did you write it?
In case you weren't aware, FOAD, Fun, Dr. Fun took over BEB from the maroons who were originally running it and going to close it down. So yes, he wrote it. PS, hadn't been to the site since the relaunch. Interesting look, puts it right out there that you really don't GAF what anyone else has to say. Also, listening to some Weasels this week (ipod on shuffle songs) and they're growing on me now that I'm used to your voice and the vaguely TMBG nasalness.

The guy who owned the site was actually quite a nice guy. He transferred the files and domain name and set the whole thing up for nothing. I would have left the forums as they were but the dB was ginormous and clunky and I couldn't be arsed to update it.   

Marillac

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2014, 10:28:10 PM »
Lavin deserves credit for calling that timeout late in the 2nd and drew up a nice backdoor Sheed layup
He's called that a few times out of t.o.'s and it's always worked.  The plays out of t.o.'s this year are much better overall.

Moose

« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
Lavin deserves credit for calling that timeout late in the 2nd and drew up a nice backdoor Sheed layup
He's called that a few times out of t.o.'s and it's always worked. The plays out of t.o.'s this year are much better overall.

Really? Got some other examples?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2014, 11:41:28 PM »
He's called that a few times out of t.o.'s and it's always worked. The plays out of t.o.'s this year are much better overall.
Really? Got some other examples?

Of what, the backdoor?  I've seen it twice before.  I know I saw it in the second half against Syracuse and another time out of a time out, but I can't remember the game.  

Poison

« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2014, 12:56:06 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to watch replays of games on Foxsports-go, like you can on Watchespn ? So far I've been unable to watch games that have already been played.
I've asked Fox several times the same question, but they are not ESPN. They are f'n garbage. They haven't bothered to pay attention to digital. As if we needed another reason to hate them.

The only thing they do that I like is they televise all of our games. I just would prefer it to any other network. For example, ANY other network.
Only thing we can do is DVR the games. There is no online tool. Our contract with Fox runs another 8 years after this season. It's really a shame.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:57:31 AM by Poison »

« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2014, 01:35:09 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to watch replays of games on Foxsports-go, like you can on Watchespn ? So far I've been unable to watch games that have already been played.

No, but they do usually replay the games.  Typically at times like 1am, 3am, 10am or 1pm.

Moose

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
St Mary's against San Fran on ESPNU

Waldow amazes me. He throws up some awkward prayer shots and they go in. Already saw two tonight and he did 3 against us. But props to him as he makes it work

Oh and he is still whining each time down the court. He missed his calling as a Duke player
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3

« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
Is Waldow a NBA prospect? 

Marillac

« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »
Is Waldow a NBA prospect?

Not unless he gets invited to play for the Sixers.