Tulane question...

• 14 replies

Poison

Tulane question...
« on: December 17, 2014, 10:09:45 AM »
I'm sure most of you remember "The Posse" that took out the Malik Sealy led Redmen in 1992, but I'm trying to recall if we played them in the 2007-2008 season? I kinda think we beat them. Anyone know?

desco80

Re: Tulane question...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »
I'm sure most of you remember "The Posse" that took out the Malik Sealy led Redmen in 1992, but I'm trying to recall if we played them in the 2007-2008 season? I kinda think we beat them. Anyone know?

We did play them in '07-'08, but we lost 71-79.    We're 0-2 all-time against Tulane.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:13:35 AM by desco80 »

Poison

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 10:21:46 AM »
We did play them in '07-'08, but we lost 71-79. We're 0-2 all-time against Tulane.

That's right. I remember now. That was Norm's worst team at St.John's. I think we also lost to Ohio University in that tournament. 

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »
I'm going if they fix the leak in the roof.   :o

CC

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:54:22 PM »
Sunday at Noon during football, another bullseye for the Barclays Center.

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

That's no excuse, Giants, Jets both suck anyway.

Monday Tulane @ #16 Washington.
Want to see how Tulane plays Washington

CC

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
They didnt know both would suck when they planned the game, just assinine. The arena is empty on the 30th, STJ/Tulane should have been the later game woudl have drew more people with most off the 31st.

boo3

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
That's no excuse, Giants, Jets both suck anyway. Monday Tulane @ #16 Washington. Want to see how Tulane plays Washington

Says the guy that just blew off a trip to Queens with someone offering a ride?

hnk

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 06:08:29 PM »
We have a Big East game on 31st.

CC

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »
I hate when the facts mess up my thinking.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »
That's no excuse, Giants, Jets both suck anyway. Monday Tulane @ #16 Washington. Want to see how Tulane plays Washington

Well I asked a few days ago if they sell tickets at carnesecca, everyone was just saying oh buy it online.
Maybe I prefer to buy my tickets in person.
So instead of trying to buy it online, I just said forget it.

Oh well, not going to worry what anyone I here thinks of me.  You do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and don't have to answer to anyone.   

Poison

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 06:34:02 PM »
Who is still watching football in NY? 

Poison

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 06:37:36 PM »
Well I asked a few days ago if they sell tickets at carnesecca, everyone was just saying oh buy it online. Maybe I prefer to buy my tickets in person. So instead of trying to buy it online, I just said forget it. Oh well, not going to worry what anyone I here thinks of me. You do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and don't have to answer to anyone.
The Barclay Center is going to make you pay in convenience as well as in cost. It's a pretty disgusting arena, and thry charge more than the Garden for a significantly crappier experience. 
Still, I want to support our team, so I'll probably go. Does anyone have a good suggestion on where to get tickets other than Vivid and Stubhub? 

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

Well I asked a few days ago if they sell tickets at carnesecca, everyone was just saying oh buy it online.
Maybe I prefer to buy my tickets in person.
So instead of trying to buy it online, I just said forget it.

Oh well, not going to worry what anyone I here thinks of me.  You do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and don't have to answer to anyone.

Yes, of course they sell tickets at the gate to campus games.

desco80

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 10:23:38 PM »
Well I asked a few days ago if they sell tickets at carnesecca, everyone was just saying oh buy it online. Maybe I prefer to buy my tickets in person. So instead of trying to buy it online, I just said forget it. Oh well, not going to worry what anyone I here thinks of me. You do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and don't have to answer to anyone.
The Barclay Center is going to make you pay in convenience as well as in cost. It's a pretty disgusting arena, and thry charge more than the Garden for a significantly crappier experience.
Still, I want to support our team, so I'll probably go. Does anyone have a good suggestion on where to get tickets other than Vivid and Stubhub?

Poison, try seatgeek.com
It aggregates all the ticket websites into one search.  Also you can try searching online, but barclays usually has discount codes for college basketball games. 

And Mullin, why would you ever assume they didn't have a box office on campus?  It's not a HS gym.