• 10 replies

jsk

ADR
« on: December 19, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »
Any update on ADR qualifying? ???

ras

Re: ADR
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
The first semester is over and no word on him qualifying.  Don't think we ll see him play till next year. Hopefully his brother will be usefull to us.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
Does it matter?

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:47:34 PM »
Does it matter?
Not too much for this season, unless we want to give a minute breather to CO and other back-ups have foul issues.   The next four years do matter.  If ADR works hard on the court and in training, he likely can contribute something solid his last couple of years at a minimum.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:15:46 AM »
I think he could totally end up being a Waldow type player for this team. If his game translates he does a lot of the same things. 

If Adonis doesn't play this year at all could he qualify as a redshirt?

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 08:05:06 AM »
Does it matter?
Not too much for this season, unless we want to give a minute breather to CO and other back-ups have foul issues. The next four years do matter. If ADR works hard on the court and in training, he likely can contribute something solid his last couple of years at a minimum.
I'd say it matters a helluva lot. We had to be creative to stop a St.Mary's big man. We haven't even started conference play yet. We're going to face teams w 3 big men as good as Waldow. What then, is Dom going to guard all 3? 
But I'm not worried because I'm sure the compliance team at St.John's is working tirelessly to resolve the situation. 

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »
forget redshirt, If he is better then his brother we need him ASAP.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 10:23:54 AM »
Does it matter?
Not too much for this season, unless we want to give a minute breather to CO and other back-ups have foul issues. The next four years do matter. If ADR works hard on the court and in training, he likely can contribute something solid his last couple of years at a minimum.
I'd say it matters a helluva lot. We had to be creative to stop a St.Mary's big man. We haven't even started conference play yet. We're going to face teams w 3 big men as good as Waldow. What then, is Dom going to guard all 3?
But I'm not worried because I'm sure the compliance team at St.John's is working tirelessly to resolve the situation.
You could very well be correct if ADR is in game shape. I assume compliance will make sure he can see the court second semester.  If so, maybe I'm off, and ADR will give better minutes than his brother, who was a help last night.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 10:49:25 AM »
ADR was canning 3s during the second half warmups. Kid has a nice shot.

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
I am 36 I could get into game shape. The season started 2 months ago.

hnk

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Joey was great last night...provided just what we needed...he is not in shape yet either.