Long Beach St.

• 79 replies
Re: Long Beach St.
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »
D is going to win this one. Loose balls, jumping in passing lanes, nice work/.

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
Sir Dom stepping up. Phil heating up - unfrozen  ;D

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 09:13:33 PM »
Backcourts are really struggling to score against us. Our D has been ridiculous.

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
obekpa - blcoks, Js, taking over with 16 pts, 6 blocks

DFF6

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »
Obekpa making his case for the NBA tonight. Best all around performance.

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2014, 09:18:18 PM »
Wish Branch would take an open jumper now and then.  I'm all for guys recognizing their limitations - a la Dom not hoisting up deep J's -- but Branch cannot be that bad of a shooter where other teams leave him wide open.  Especially with Jordan out tonight.

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »
I'm liking Branch's play during this stretch of games. Huge improvement

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
Amar's hair (80's band look)....

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:27:05 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2014, 09:30:29 PM »
Defense is outstanding. We win with barely anything from Dlo and no Jordan. Impressive. 

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
Agree Baldi.  He is generally doing what a PG should do.  I just wish he would take the wide open 3 or jumper on occasion when it is there.

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
By the way, during the post game interview Lavin told Rothstein that Jordan will be back "next week".  I don't know if that means that he is also missing the Tulane game on Sunday.  Hope not.

NYCoffey

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »
Amar's hair (80's band look)....
I was trying to figure out the person he reminded me from the '80s and you nailed it. Someone's got a take a buzzer to that thing. Great win so he could have a load of sh@@ on his head and I wouldn't care.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
Great crowd tonight. I went with my dad and he said that it reminded him of when he went to school in the 80s.
Cougar O' Malley

cjfish

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2014, 09:56:58 PM »
Great win with no  Jordan and Dlo stifled by good matchup and doubles....Great D.....Co a great game but he is no NBA player yet, no even close, jumper is awful and can only be made or even attempted when wide open.  Great D, a poor mans Bill Russell the way he holds his position, doesn't leave his feet early and times the blocks.  Dlo impressive by not forcing it.  Nice game by Greene and Branch (who wisely passed up his jumper when available, it is awful).  Pointer solid as usual.  Team quickness and D outstanding.  Team did what I would have predicted they would do with Jordan there and a good game by Harrison, a 15+ win.  D wore them down.  Could be an excellent season if they keep it up.  Will know by Mid January.   

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »
Great win with no Jordan and Dlo stifled by good matchup and doubles....Great D.....Co a great game but he is no NBA player yet, no even close, jumper is awful and can only be made or even attempted when wide open. Great D, a poor mans Bill Russell the way he holds his position, doesn't leave his feet early and times the blocks. Dlo impressive by not forcing it. Nice game by Greene and Branch (who wisely passed up his jumper when available, it is awful). Pointer solid as usual. Team quickness and D outstanding. Team did what I would have predicted they would do with Jordan there and a good game by Harrison, a 15+ win. D wore them down. Could be an excellent season if they keep it up. Will know by Mid January.
Called obekpa an average defender this week. He wasn't average tonight. Played great D, still left points on the board.  Branch's jumper cant be that bad. Boring game. Think they should have given Christian Jones a chance vs the zone
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:10:51 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2014, 10:10:24 PM »
"St. John's was shorthanded. Rysheed Jordan was at home with a stomach virus, according to a St. John's spokesman. The sophomore guard is expected to return to practice later this week and will be available for Sunday's game against Tulane at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY."
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400588386

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

cjfish

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2014, 10:41:46 PM »
Great win with no Jordan and Dlo stifled by good matchup and doubles....Great D.....Co a great game but he is no NBA player yet, no even close, jumper is awful and can only be made or even attempted when wide open. Great D, a poor mans Bill Russell the way he holds his position, doesn't leave his feet early and times the blocks. Dlo impressive by not forcing it. Nice game by Greene and Branch (who wisely passed up his jumper when available, it is awful). Pointer solid as usual. Team quickness and D outstanding. Team did what I would have predicted they would do with Jordan there and a good game by Harrison, a 15+ win. D wore them down. Could be an excellent season if they keep it up. Will know by Mid January.
Called obekpa an average defender this week. He wasn't average tonight. Played great D, still left points on the board.  Branch's jumper cant be that bad. Boring game. Think they should have given Christian Jones a chance vs the zone

yea, it was boring...but they won like a Looie team and that is a beautiful thing

Moose

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2014, 10:46:42 PM »
Its a good thing when the game thread is just 3 pages over an hour after the game.

Right?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
By the way, during the post game interview Lavin told Rothstein that Jordan will be back "next week". I don't know if that means that he is also missing the Tulane game on Sunday. Hope not.
That would be some "stomach flu".