Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies

paultzman

Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
@NYCHoops: #sjubb asst Coach Tony Chiles at City Legendz Classic with eyes on Sid Wilson (St. Rays) & Shamorie Ponds (Jefferson). #bigeast

@NYPost_Brazille: @kengyank @NYCHoops Jefferson also has a big time combo guard a junior Shamorie Ponds. Undersized but really good
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:41:23 PM by Moose »

TONYD3

Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
Best thing about this kid is undersized. That's who we should be looking at . We are not Duke . Undersized and good is 4 years of a good player. No crazy NBA dreams.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »

Chilleb

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »
Underweight not undersized, legitimate 6'3. Will probably grow a little more. But about 155 soaking wet.

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:41:06 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St Johns and Minnesota offered Jefferson junior Shamorie Ponds yesterday per @NYCHoops #sjubb

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »
Impressive production;
@AdamZagoria: Thomas Jefferson Guard Shamorie Ponds Piling Up Offers http://t.co/ekiLAF0pKQ

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 12:21:32 PM »
Doesn't register a blip on any recruiting sites.  Reminds me a bit of watching Nate Britt play. More lean, good with both hands, smooth shot, good vision.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:24:30 PM by bball purist »

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
I teach middle school in Brooklyn. Some of the boys follow HS basketball closely. Today a kid made a move and went left and said that was his "Shamorie Ponds move"

QuanMan

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 12:19:37 AM »
Shamorie and Bud Pollard attended last night's game. He's averaging a near quadruple double in the PSAL and is quickly ascending to be one of the elite guards in the city.
Section 3
Section 116

Moose

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »
Shamorie and Bud Pollard attended last night's game. He's averaging a near quadruple double in the PSAL and is quickly ascending to be one of the elite guards in the city.

Did he enjoy the game?

Seemed like he was buried in his phone the whole time :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »
Did he enjoy the game? Seemed like he was buried in his phone the whole time :)
Like a college coach I know at last year's CHSAA semi finals. :)

desco80

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »
Did he enjoy the game? Seemed like he was buried in his phone the whole time :)
Like a college coach I know at last year's CHSAA semi finals. :)
How do you know he wasn't texting or skyping with a more important recruit in another part of the country?
All we know is that he was there, and that he was looking at something.
Until facts come out saying otherwise, I'm going to believe he was responding to a text from Isaiah Briscoe, who was asking for his advice on whether he should stay home or go away to college.

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 08:21:04 AM »
@NYLightningAAU: “@AdamZagoria: 2016 Thomas Jefferson G Shamorie Ponds went for 18 last night in a  64-46 win over Torrey Pines (CA). #NYLightning

Moose

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »
2016 Shamorie Ponds from Thomas Jefferson in NYC gets buckets. Southpaw scores in a hurry off dribble and from deep.

https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/549728038947016704

Chille/KOB/or anyone who is tied into the PSAL scene.

Where did this kid come from.  Prior to the last month don't ever recall hearing his name anywhere.  Is he just putting it together now?

Also all the attention is going his way and ironic that Mckennon has resurfaced after his journey from St. Rays to Dozo down to Maryland for a school or two.  Was he just someone who peaked too early?  Worth a look?  Mckinnon is '15 I think?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:59:28 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »
I would love this kid to be our first early commitment we've had in a while. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »
He is playing my cousin's sons team Foothills Christian (CA) tonight. 

Chilleb

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 03:04:06 AM »
2016 Shamorie Ponds from Thomas Jefferson in NYC gets buckets. Southpaw scores in a hurry off dribble and from deep. https://twitter.com/ebosshoops/status/549728038947016704 Chille/KOB/or anyone who is tied into the PSAL scene. Where did this kid come from. Prior to the last month don't ever recall hearing his name anywhere. Is he just putting it together now? Also all the attention is going his way and ironic that Mckennon has resurfaced after his journey from St. Rays to Dozo down to Maryland for a school or two. Was he just someone who peaked too early? Worth a look? Mckinnon is '15 I think?

Hes been around, shamorie was always regarded as one of the top players in the city since middle school, as a freshman he beat ray salnave and cardozo in the jv city chip and lost to him the following year as sophomores in the city title. can shoot it and has great feel. biggest knock would be hes pencil thin. jaquan will probably end up at a prep school then a juco. love his toughness and floor leadership but hes 5'9 on a good day and dosent shoot it well enough. hes a borderline div 1 player to me. his competiveness and toughness give him the edge but based merely off skill im not sure.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »
"Ponds is thinking that he might want to get out and explore when he makes his college choice."

"I wanna go far," Ponds told Rivals.com. "New York will always be there."
Full article;
@ebosshoops: Shamorie Ponds traveled out West & made his presence felt. That and more from Monday at #UAHC http://t.co/RdYR2bDX6m http://t.co/DJPoCm1h7I