T shirts for tomorrow's game

• 10 replies
T shirts for tomorrow's game
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »
Would be a nice gesture if the team came out with NYPD shirts tomorrow night. Make it happen Lavin

Re: T shirts for tomorrow's game
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »
Ain't happenin.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 06:06:09 AM »
It's only right if the Players decide to do it themselves. If Lavin makes them do it then that might not come off well.

desco80

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 03:16:54 PM »
That would be a nice gesture.  
A moment of silence would go a long way too.   

On a related note, Lynch and the PBA need to kindly stfu.   I believe strongly in the union system and the right to collectively negotiate, but they exploit the power they have over any debate of public safety.   And it's not just with Deblasio.  They attacked Bloomberg, and Guiliani, and Dinkins too. 

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Desco how many times have you posted for the con man al to stfu? think you should stick to basketball.

desco80

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
Desco how many times have you posted for the con man al to stfu? think you should stick to basketball.

His crap has never come up on here.   But when he exploits a situation I would absolutely say the same thing.   But he's also a politician/ tv personality. 
He doesn't represent a uniformed service.    They have different responsibilities.  
Nothing against the nypd, but the leadership of the pba does them a disservice by constantly going to extremes.  They deserve better leadership.  

2004 - PBA ran ads against Bloomberg and threatened to picket the Republican convention
1997 - PBA had their members sign a petition telling Guiliani not to come to their funerals
1992 - PBA held a vulgar rally outside city hall against Dinkins because they were upset he set up a civilian complaint board.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 04:25:05 PM »
His crap has never come up on here. But when he exploits a situation I would absolutely say the same thing. But he's also a politician/ tv personality. He doesn't represent a uniformed service. They have different responsibilities. Nothing against the nypd, but the leadership of the pba does them a disservice by constantly going to extremes. They deserve better leadership. 2004 - PBA ran ads against Bloomberg and threatened to picket the Republican convention 1997 - PBA had their members sign a petition telling Guiliani not to come to their funerals 1992 - PBA held a vulgar rally outside city hall against Dinkins because they were upset he set up a civilian complaint board.
This situation is much more serious than the political posturing of the events you cited.  The PBA should have used more tact to convey its message in this case but they should not remain silent. 
Moment of silence is a nice gesture but I'd be surprised if it went beyond that.  Contentious issue - I'd stay out of it. 

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 06:43:01 PM »
Would be a nice gesture if the team came out with NYPD shirts tomorrow night. Make it happen Lavin

I am with Marco.  The mayor is an absolute disgrace btw.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
I am moving this thread as likely will be spurn off into something that won't have anything to do with the team.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 01:59:35 AM »
Yes.  It would be a nice gesture. 

But lest we forget that our team is overwhelmingly comprised of young black males from lower to middle class socioeconomic backgrounds. (disclaimer: I really have no idea what their individual finances are.  I am guessing and could be entirely wrong.  I am sure they are black)

This is GENERALLY a group who's feelings about the police range at best from something less than warm and fuzzy to at worst utter scorn, disdain and contempt.

I am confident that if our players were asked about the murder of the two police officers they would express genuine sympathy for the officers and their families and that they would condemn the actions of this madman. 

However, if there was going to be a display of social activism from our team,  it would have already occurred in support of the unarmed black men that were killed and not for these innocent police officers.

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 04:15:58 AM »
This is awesome thanks for info