Alumni Report

• 6 replies
Alumni Report
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
Jakarr's 76er's over Mo's Magic 96 - 88 in Orlando.

Sampson - 5 pts; 2 rbnds in 17 min. including a start

Harkless  -  1 rbnd in 3 min.

Re: Alumni Report
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »
Jakarr's best game to date:

BENCH                           MIN  FGM-A    3PM-A FTM-A OREB    DREB REB    ASTT STL BLK TO PF    +/-    PTS
JaKarr Sampson, PF   24     5-7            1-2        0-0       2            5        7            5       1       0       4     3   +16   11

+16 in a game your team lost by 20 is near impossible.  His minutes are going to go up.

Rodman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 01:59:57 AM »
I noticed that.  His plus/minus seems to be good whenever he plays. 

QuanMan

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 11:29:45 AM »
Say what you want about Norm, his kids were first class and laid the foundation for Lavin's family atmosphere by returning back to Queens every summer. Between Norm and Lavs' guys, there's now a strong base for Mullin to reach out to for young alumni.

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2015/08/paris-horne-discusses-tbt-st-johns-pro.html

"All the St. John's guys are like my brothers," he proudly added. "I still talk to them today. Malik Boothe, he just went into California and he just won the Ballup Tournament out there for $500,000. Justin Burrell was in the stands supporting me. Sean Evans, he called me, Dele Coker, I talk to everybody, and they're still like my brothers. They've just always been there, and I'm grateful for it."

"Under Coach (Steve) Lavin, I always came back," he continued while reminiscing about his days with the Red Storm, "and even now under Coach (Chris) Mullin being there now, I've been up there working with the guys and talking to Coach Mullin and the coaching staff, so it's been great."

D.J. Kennedy: "It's not just big for us, it's bigger for @StJohnsU. They've got a heck of an alumni base, that's big for our alma mater."
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
Man, was there ever a bad thing written about DJ Kennedy or Paris Horne? Gotta love those guys.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:07:21 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 05:42:10 PM »
Say what you want about Norm, his kids were first class and laid the foundation for Lavin's family atmosphere by returning back to Queens every summer. Between Norm and Lavs' guys, there's now a strong base for Mullin to reach out to for young alumni.

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2015/08/paris-horne-discusses-tbt-st-johns-pro.html

"All the St. John's guys are like my brothers," he proudly added. "I still talk to them today. Malik Boothe, he just went into California and he just won the Ballup Tournament out there for $500,000. Justin Burrell was in the stands supporting me. Sean Evans, he called me, Dele Coker, I talk to everybody, and they're still like my brothers. They've just always been there, and I'm grateful for it."

"Under Coach (Steve) Lavin, I always came back," he continued while reminiscing about his days with the Red Storm, "and even now under Coach (Chris) Mullin being there now, I've been up there working with the guys and talking to Coach Mullin and the coaching staff, so it's been great."

D.J. Kennedy: "It's not just big for us, it's bigger for @StJohnsU. They've got a heck of an alumni base, that's big for our alma mater."

Don't forget Norm tried to land Doug Wiggins, Landesburg, Stephenson and others but missed.  Wiggins was kicked off Uconn and Umass teams.  Derwin Kitchen failed to qualify, Calhoun had a baby, Aaron Spears got suspended for smoking weed, and so on.  No matter how we try to remember things, all of our coaches are a lot closer in terms of the quality of character they recruited.  Norm's lack of recruiting prowess actually helped him avoid some of the bigger problems. 

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »
You mean besides on these boards, right?  I mean Lou Carnesecca's had bad things written about him on these boards, Chris Mullin has had bad things written about him on these boards, of course DJ and Paris had bad things written about them on these boards.  ;)