Radio Flyer

• 37 replies
Re: Radio Flyer
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »
Bingo. Look, we all know the Barclay Center is awful, but the team deserves the trip and the effort.

What's wrong with it?  What makes it worse than the Garden other than that some may not like the borough?

TONYD3

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »
Barclays isn't awful, not as nice as the garden. For St. John's games most of the vendors aren't open. I am sure it's better for a real game. Won't be more then 1600 scattered fans . Won't be a great environment .

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
We need to play a quality opponent at Barclays next year. I think playing teams that wouldn't fill up Carnesseca is the main problem. The tournament last year was whatever but Columbia, St Francis Brooklyn, Tulane. I know people aren't dying at the chance to see these teams.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
Bingo. Look, we all know the Barclay Center is awful, but the team deserves the trip and the effort.
What's wrong with it? What makes it worse than the Garden other than that some may not like the borough?
It looks like Laguardia airport. The site lines are awful. It's overpriced. Getting inside is a pain. It's in a turd of a neighborhood, and we already have that in Jamaica. This was built by a billionaire. I expected much better.

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Going to the game tomorrow hope to get a tickets for under $30

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »
What's wrong with it? What makes it worse than the Garden other than that some may not like the borough?
It looks like Laguardia airport. The site lines are awful. It's overpriced. Getting inside is a pain. It's in a turd of a neighborhood, and we already have that in Jamaica. This was built by a billionaire. I expected much better.
It reminds me of a college gym. Was expecting a lot more also

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 04:16:03 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the neighborhood---other than that there are minorities around.  Ugh!  There is actually a lot of redevelopment going on around there.

As for the arena itself, the outside is hideously ugly and the upper deck is so steep that it makes you look straight down onto the court.

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »
Barclays is fine. Msg is that nice. Nothing compares to it . If u compare Barclays to the arena in Philly Barclays isn't so bad. Neighborhood is nice also. Plenty of resturants and bars. Transportation is good. 
Main problem is playing Tulane on a football Sunday . We should have played a good team today as part of a double header with Georgetown . Put both games at Barclays . Georgetown vs Indiana , then us vs Maryland , Michigan , Florida or any big school . People would happily come to that .

Moose

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 06:17:23 PM »
Barclays is fine. Msg is that nice. Nothing compares to it . If u compare Barclays to the arena in Philly Barclays isn't so bad. Neighborhood is nice also. Plenty of resturants and bars. Transportation is good. Main problem is playing Tulane on a football Sunday . We should have played a good team today as part of a double header with Georgetown . Put both games at Barclays . Georgetown vs Indiana , then us vs Maryland , Michigan , Florida or any big school . People would happily come to that .

Football Sunday?

The Giants and Jets games mean squat tomorrow.
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »
Going to sit on couch and watch the redzone and enjoy football tommorow. Will tape the game and watch later . I am fine going to Barclays but St. John's can make it worth it also. Not feeling bad and staying home. Still lets win boys!

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
The bars in the area are smaller than my bathroom. Hipster joints

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
Barclays is fine. Msg is that nice. Nothing compares to it . If u compare Barclays to the arena in Philly Barclays isn't so bad. Neighborhood is nice also. Plenty of resturants and bars. Transportation is good. Main problem is playing Tulane on a football Sunday . We should have played a good team today as part of a double header with Georgetown . Put both games at Barclays . Georgetown vs Indiana , then us vs Maryland , Michigan , Florida or any big school . People would happily come to that .
Football Sunday? The Giants and Jets games mean squat tomorrow.

People are still going to go to Giants/Eagles and people are still going to watch the Jets and Giants on TV. NFL is the biggest game in town.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
People are still going to go to Giants/Eagles and people are still going to watch the Jets and Giants on TV. NFL is the biggest game in town.

I'm not saying it isn't biggest game in town. But what's the point in watching either game tomorrow. The teams both are bad. Games mean nothing. 

If you're a fan of SJU as well why not go and watch that instead?

desco80

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »
I'm not saying it isn't biggest game in town. But what's the point in watching either game tomorrow. The teams both are bad. Games mean nothing. If you're a fan of SJU as well why not go and watch that instead?

Because my Giants tickets (plus prepaid parking) cost me an arm and a leg Moose.  I'm making up for it by going to Newark on Wednesday  ;)
But the point regarding attendance is a valid one, apart from giants season ticket holders, football isn't an excuse to miss tomorrow's game.  As usual, we need to keep winning if we want decent crowds.

Moose

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
I'm not saying it isn't biggest game in town. But what's the point in watching either game tomorrow. The teams both are bad. Games mean nothing. If you're a fan of SJU as well why not go and watch that instead?
Because my Giants tickets (plus prepaid parking) cost me an arm and a leg Moose. I'm making up for it by going to Newark on Wednesday ;) But the point regarding attendance is a valid one, apart from giants season ticket holders, football isn't an excuse to miss tomorrow's game. As usual, we need to keep winning if we want decent crowds.

The fact that Beckham is playing might be enough to keep that place from looking empty tomorrow.  When the Giants are on nowadays I only watch when they have the ball.  Other than that its a waste.

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
If the game was at MSG or in Queens I would be there but I don't think I'm going to pay extra from what I pay for season tickets to go tomorrow. The commute to Brooklyn is brutal for me (1.5 hours by car + $15 in tolls + parking or 2.25 hours and $30 by train) and I can watch both the game and the football games on TV. I will be going to Newark on Wednesday though.

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »
It looks like Laguardia airport.
  It is a strange look.  I'll give you that. But it  is a dystopian future look made popular by all the hip teen movies of today.
The site lines are awful.
  They only use the lower bowl for our games so how bad can they be? The site lines from there are the exact same as the Garden. I'm sitting 6th row behind the basket.  That certainly would be no different a look at the garden.
It's overpriced.
  Yes, it's all overpriced.  But the tickets are cheaper than the Garden and the beer is the same. All and all it cost less.
Getting inside is a pain.
They have a worse security procedure than the Garden? I bet it's not worse than Alumni but I'll take note.
It's in a turd of a neighborhood, and we already have that in Jamaica.
  The neighborhood used to bad but it was improved tons by Metrotech and now way more so by Barclays. It's safe, there's many bars, restaurants, BAM, LIRR and subways.  What more do you want? And what's wrong with the typical Queens neighborhood that SJU is in? 
This was built by a billionaire. I expected much better.
Maybe you'll be happier with the new Nassau Coliseum. But I wouldn't count on it.  I think it's the same people building it.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:23:06 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »
It reminds me of a college gym. Was expecting a lot more also

A college gym that holds 19000+.  That's some college. To me it's the same as going to the Garden. Plus I like it cause the novelty hasn't worn off yet.