Duke Game

• 213 replies
Re: Duke Game
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
This is not lavin's fault.  Refs took the game from us. Bs inadvertent whistle. Stupid foul calls.

« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
Can't knock the effort. I'm proud of this team.

Dan

« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
Refs took game over and we ran out of gas.  One hell of an effort.

really going to go with the refs.  the team doesn't have the talent or coaching to beat duke, or the majority of the teams in the BE as it seems.

Dan

« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2015, 04:19:46 PM »
Duke is a great team and it was a great effort by the players.

The coach is awful.  This game wouldn't mean as much if they weren't 2-4 in the BE with a team of upperclassmen.  Lavin can't be defended at this point.

goredmen

« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »

Still with the moral victories when these guys are seniors? whatever floats your boat I guess

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »
this game yet another indictment of lavin

he recruits players with no basketball IQ and teaches them nothing...jordan fouling on a 3

Or the talent differential is simply too great.

...whose fault is that. 

You're saying Steve Lavin should out-recruit Coach K? Go lie down.

obviously not but the fact that the bar has been set so low by people like you is a farce

And you're still living off of our multiple championships.

« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
up 10 with 10 to go to not even being in the game in the final minutes

that's a shit coach
This is not on Lavin. 

You have an agenda...that's cool...but this is lack of execution by the players.  Not Lavin being out coached.

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »
Refs took game over and we ran out of gas.  One hell of an effort.

really going to go with the refs.  the team doesn't have the talent or coaching to beat duke, or the majority of the teams in the BE as it seems.

We were basically playing without Dlo.  Its a miracle we played this well.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »

Still with the moral victories when these guys are seniors? whatever floats your boat I guess

It's #5 Duke. Coach K going for #1000. Hell of an effort. Came up short. Not happy about it, just said I'm proud of the effort.

« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2015, 04:22:18 PM »
Duke is a great team and it was a great effort by the players.

The coach is awful.  This game wouldn't mean as much if they weren't 2-4 in the BE with a team of upperclassmen.  Lavin can't be defended at this point.

The players left 10 pts off the board on fast breaks alone. That's on the players.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
this game yet another indictment of lavin

he recruits players with no basketball IQ and teaches them nothing...jordan fouling on a 3

Or the talent differential is simply too great.

...whose fault is that. 

You're saying Steve Lavin should out-recruit Coach K? Go lie down.

obviously not but the fact that the bar has been set so low by people like you is a farce

Lavin has actually raised the recruiting bar at St. John's, not lowered it.

« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »
Good effort by the boys. But the usual. Harrison, healthy or not, never shows up in these big games.

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2015, 04:26:50 PM »
Marshall fuccin plumlee changed the game.

« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
Frustrating loss...but the season is not over.  We still have enough good wins on the schedule to make the dance...but now the pressure is on.  Lets see how these seniors respond...

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2015, 04:32:55 PM »
Its been a brutally called game. No doubt about it but there were points that St Johns took it to Duke. We actually got the benefit of the doubt with the whistles all game long and I usually go to the "Refs screwed us!" well often in a tough loss. De La Rosa once again dodged a clear flagrant foul(Did one vs Zaga), he plays like a goon out there, it's gotta stop.

Duke's a 1 and done team, maybe they get to the field of 32 if they are lucky. Would take a monumental performance by Okafor single handedly or if they are matched up against a smaller team that can't bang inside. St Johns just showed everyone how you beat them, cut the lanes to Okafor off and let the guards try and beat you outside. Cook is a good player but that's about it. Once Okafor gets to touch/dominate the ball, that's when he bails them out. Can't wait to see which mid major draws them this year.

The Coach K tribute game that was played today has finally ended, I think I have seen enough Coach K montages/highlights every 3 minutes to call it a day. Curse the two ACC teams that beat them that put me through this!

St Johns is a fringe NCAA tourney team, maybe final 4 in if they are lucky. They are severely overmatched in the coaching department, this might be Lavin's last year. This is a senior laden team, no excuses. Unacceptable.

Gave the game right to Duke with sloppy uptempo passing, uncontrolled dribbling and missed open shots. freaking pathetic. So many unforced errors, such undisciplined nonsense and garbage. Can't wait for Lavin to go, this was a game they had. Same with DePaul. Same with Butler. Harrison has been awful this past 1-2 weeks, we lack depth as well. We've got next to nothing coming in after this year, its going to be brutal.

I actually expected much more from this team, what a shame. They might need to run the table to get in come BE Tourney time, and no shot in hell do they have the composure or guts to do that.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:37:38 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »
Offensive rebounds off missed ft's have killed us this year. No excuse for that.

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »
Marshall fuccin plumlee changed the game.
All big white men have the game of their lives vs St Johns. This is well known. Make em look like Chris Mullin vs us.

« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
St. John's fans who are knocking the coach and this team today are dicks!

« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2015, 04:59:44 PM »
It's all fatigue. The same exact thing happened against Nova. You're in the game and then BOOM. You just cant beat a good team when you only go 6 deep.