Duke Game

• 213 replies
Re: Duke Game
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2015, 11:31:15 AM »
Iona easily beat Niagara. All seven people who stayed for that game enjoyed it.

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2015, 11:57:32 AM »

Monasch was 1 of the 7

paultzman

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »

Monasch was 1 of the 7

Passing his resume around? :)

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

Monasch was 1 of the 7

Passing his resume around? :)

Negotiating his own extension.

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:15 PM »
Duke fans are annoying!

Honestly, you (we ) are just jealous...

Nope, if I acted like them and rooted for that team I would punch myself in the face
No scientific proof, but I'll betcha that if you took everyone in blue yesterday, it would be 20% with some real affiliation to Dook (went there, paid tuition there, or from there) and 80% are NY/NJ sad hangers -on or wannabes.

« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »
Duke fans are annoying!

Honestly, you (we ) are just jealous...

Nope, if I acted like them and rooted for that team I would punch myself in the face
No scientific proof, but I'll betcha that if you took everyone in blue yesterday, it would be 20% with some real affiliation to Dook (went there, paid tuition there, or from there) and 80% are NY/NJ sad hangers -on or wannabes.

Duke crowd was pretty young I thought. Was trying to figure if Alumni or students that took a weekend trip to NYC

ras

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2015, 12:55:35 PM »
Okafor played 37; Jones played 39 and Cook played 38 minutes. 

How come the minutes didn't kill them?
They were healthy. DLO wasn't.

« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
I am in section 118. Fifty percent of my section was filled with Duke supporters who bought on line  from our season ticket holders, paying between 400 and 500 a ticket. Mostly older Duke grads. But overall I was pleased with the SJU turn out and thought we had more people there than Duke did.

« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »
I am in section 118. Fifty percent of my section was filled with Duke supporters who bought on line  from our season ticket holders, paying between 400 and 500 a ticket. Mostly older Duke grads. But overall I was pleased with the SJU turn out and thought we had more people there than Duke did.

I thought it would be worse but was 50 / 50 at best

« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »

I thought it would be worse but was 50 / 50 at best

Agreed, maybe 60/40 in favor of duke, but still better than I thought.  Was impressed with the students too, probably their best turnout in years.

« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2015, 05:54:19 PM »
Refs also gave us three points at the end of the first half... It evened out with the phantom whistle.

I disagree in the sense that inadvertent whistle completely destroyed our momentum. People were on their feet ready to explode on that breakaway and that completely killed us. I think we ended up scoring the next basket a minute or  2 later but the place got quiet and I was literally talking to one of my friends and saying this is the turning point and somehow the refs found a way to bust us again

Yeah it's just 2 points and we shot ourselves in the foot later on but the momentum lost was huge

Not sure about all of that but I was looking forward to the Triangle throwing down the inevitably huge tomahawk jam.  When your insanely athletic shortest player on the team throws down a big one, it sure doesn't hurt momentum.

« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2015, 01:05:57 AM »
Okafor played 37; Jones played 39 and Cook played 38 minutes. 

How come the minutes didn't kill them?
Hey, we only make excuses for our team.

« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2015, 08:07:09 AM »
This was great college game @ the Garden. Johnnies played tough but Duke  players stepped up their game late 2nd half. Their inside out game started to work,refs started calling touch fouls and the Duke fans took over the crowd. Although this is a good redmen team, it's pieces are greater than the whole.

« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2015, 04:33:53 PM »
This was great college game @ the Garden. Johnnies played tough but Duke  players stepped up their game late 2nd half. Their inside out game started to work,refs started calling touch fouls and the Duke fans took over the crowd. Although this is a good redmen team, it's pieces are greater than the whole.

The whole was playing very good, sharing the ball, transitioning well, making some aggressive moves to the hole and finishing.  Once Plumlee got in with Okafor, most saw the dynamic change. The guys could not adjust.