Obekpa

• 80 replies
Re: Obekpa
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:54 PM »
I though Obekpa battled Okafor all game long and for the most part, did a great job.. He had help, but still...  Stayed out of foul trouble and until the end, kept him in check... At one point, midway thru the second half, JO only had 5 shot attempts...

Sorry Baldi, I disagree.. I though Chris played him as tough as anyone and opened some eyes as a defender.

17 points and 10 rebounds, 6 of those offensive or the future Knick.  He was able to back Obekpa down at will it seemed. Obekpa does not block out, never. He got beat to the basket on every free throw.  And his offensive game, footwork etc  does not exist. I hope he comes back

Only 4 defensive boards for Okafor??? He should have more.

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »
I'm slowly starting to think that maybe Karl Anthony- Towns is gong to be the better pro.

Knicks will take the Ryan Leaf of the 2

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »
I though Obekpa battled Okafor all game long and for the most part, did a great job.. He had help, but still...  Stayed out of foul trouble and until the end, kept him in check... At one point, midway thru the second half, JO only had 5 shot attempts...

Sorry Baldi, I disagree.. I though Chris played him as tough as anyone and opened some eyes as a defender.

17 points and 10 rebounds, 6 of those offensive or the future Knick.  He was able to back Obekpa down at will it seemed. Obekpa does not block out, never. He got beat to the basket on every free throw.  And his offensive game, footwork etc  does not exist. I hope he comes back

Duke had 44 rebounds, we had 29

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 11:02:20 PM »

44 rebounds and only 4 defensive boards for Okafor???

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »

44 rebounds and only 4 defensive boards for Okafor???

He has teammates who rebound

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 11:26:32 PM »
Lol the whole game people were praising how Obekpa was playing Okafor. Get the #$%^ outta here.

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 11:38:45 PM »
Lol the whole game people were praising how Obekpa was playing Okafor. Get the #$%^ outta here.

17 and 10 is 17 and 10. That's what we are calling locking people up now?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:39:34 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 11:43:58 PM »
He averages 19 a game and played 38 minutes. So yes, thats a lock down.

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 11:45:06 PM »
Chris did a good job.  Battled him the whole game and did a good job fronting that kid. He is a load. 

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 12:22:25 AM »
I'm slowly starting to think that maybe Karl Anthony- Towns is gong to be the better pro.

Nah!

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:27 AM »

Shouldn't the #1 pick score more than 17 against Obekpa's bad defense?

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2015, 01:11:42 AM »

Duke won by 9. Only St Johns fans would  consider 17 and 10 as a lockdown

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2015, 01:14:35 AM »
I guess it's good we held Tyus a Jones under 30 too

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 01:22:39 AM »

I wouldn't say he was locked down, but he was held under his season average no?  He did man handle CO a couple of times but not the whole game.

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 01:25:11 AM »

I wouldn't say he was locked down, but he was held under his season average no?  He did man handle CO a couple of times but not the whole game.

From what I watched, he seemed to what he wanted, when he wanted. He already forgot about Obekpa

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 01:27:13 AM »

From what I watched, he seemed to what he wanted, when he wanted. He already forgot about Obekpa

Then watch again, because you missed a good game lol

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:19 AM »

I did DVR it. But no need to watch the wheels come off again. I just saw Okafor highlights on sports center btw. Obekpa was in them

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2015, 01:37:14 AM »

I did DVR it. But no need to watch the wheels come off again. I just saw Okafor highlights on sports center btw. Obekpa was in them

Of course. Obekpa doing a good job fronting Okafor isn't Sports Center material. You are better than this Baldi.

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:49 AM »
Obekpa is a liability on the boards and offensively, more on offense. He needs to comeback

LoganK

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:29 AM »
Obekpa is a liability on the boards and offensively, more on offense. He needs to comeback
Generally, he could improve on his rebounding.  But this was not the game to call him out for it.  Got 8 boards (was listed at 10, not sure what happened to his other two) on a night when he was clearly not the best big on the floor.  He played solid D on Okafor after the first few minutes, all things considered.  Busted his ass out there banging around with him.  Only a fool couldn't see that...