Creighton Game 1

• 179 replies
Re: Creighton Game 1
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2015, 11:16:45 PM »
They play hard. Give coaching staff credit. But they are a dumb team and that is the ultimate indictment on the coach. That plus all the drama.... I am done with Lavin. Don't care who next coach is

goredmen

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2015, 11:17:26 PM »
Guys don't worry. We played hard and this game shows the team is headed in the right direction

Beware of February Johnny roll!

I mean only 3 of our starters and 4 of our top 6 are seniors so obviously this is a young team. We'll hit our stride soon

« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2015, 11:23:40 PM »
Lost to a guy named Toby

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 11:36:43 PM »
It's the same issue over and over again...Harrison is hurt, somebody fouls, and something is up with Jordan. The result is that the team is playing 5 on 3 ball.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:02 PM »
We lost to a fcking guy named TOBY

QuanMan

« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »
First bad loss on the resume, ugly night, no getting around it. Dee still isn't 100%.

Have to go 7-4, plus one BE win to be dancing. Tonight was a blemish on their profile, but this season, and their NCAA bubble, aren't even close to being bursted. This just once again, reduces the margin of error as the schedule shrinks to 11 remaining Big East games, plus x amount in the BET.
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2015, 11:48:51 PM »
First bad loss on the resume, ugly night, no getting around it. Dee still isn't 100%.

Have to go 7-4, plus one BE win to be dancing. Tonight was a blemish on their profile, but this season, and their NCAA bubble, aren't even close to being bursted. This just once again, reduces the margin of error as the schedule shrinks to 11 remaining Big East games, plus x amount in the BET.

You might want join us here on Earth. 9-9 and 1 BET win puts us nowhere the tourney

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »

When the head coach praises the effort in a loss to an 0-8 team and cant figure out a damn triangle and 2 we cant discuss postseason play, let alone the bubble

« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2015, 11:50:44 PM »

DePaul was a bad loss.  Don't care what their Big East record is.

goredmen

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:21 PM »
Lavin is spinning like crazy YET AGAIN after this loss. The guy is a PR machine. And you guys thought I was crazy with my Sampson theory

« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2015, 11:52:51 PM »
Lavin is spinning like crazy YET AGAIN after this loss. The guy is a PR machine. And you guys thought I was crazy with my Sampson theory

No, we just think you're crazy.

goredmen

« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2015, 11:53:45 PM »

No, we just think you're crazy.

You're probably right. But it's not because of that

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2015, 11:54:13 PM »

DePaul was a bad loss.  Don't care what their Big East record is.

I also think DePaul is a bad loss because I don't see them maintaining their current success.  But stranger things have happened.

Tonight was certainly a bad loss. 

QuanMan

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »
Please understand the ebb and flow of amateur athletics, these kids are not pros, there are ups and downs to every team's season all around the country. Tonight sucked, but this team will be amongst the 36 teams voted for at large bids come Selection Sunday.

The margin of error has dwindled. Home and homes with Georgetown and Xavier remain, along with the return games up and down the BE schedule.

Our bubble has shrunk significantly over the past 3 weeks, the 11-1 start is really saving us right now. The fan base has to remain level headed though, to give up on this season right now is foolish.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:57:20 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:22 PM »
I've never seen a team in 2nd to last place in their conference get an at large
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

DFF6

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:39 PM »
Please understand the ebb and flow of amateur athletics, these kids are not pros, there are ups and downs to every team's season all around the country. Tonight sucked, but this team will be amongst the 36 teams voted for at large bids come Selection Sunday.

The margin of error has dwindled. Home and homes with Georgetown and Xavier remain, along with the return games up and down the BE schedule.

Our bubble has shrunk significantly over the past 3 weeks, the 11-1 start is really saving us right now. The fan base has to remain level headed though, to give up on this season right now is foolish.

Please pass whatever you're smoking. It must be great stuff.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:02:04 AM by DFF6 »

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2015, 12:03:24 AM »
Please understand the ebb and flow of amateur athletics, these kids are not pros, they are ups and downs to every team's season all around the country. Tonight sucked, but this team will be amongst the top 36 teams voted for at large bids come Selection Sunday.

Are you trolling us?  LOL 

Although, I certainly agree with you, in reference to the "ebbs and flows" of amateur athletics.  Frankly, you see ebbs and flows throughout most sports (amateur and pro), but it's far more consistent and prevalent in amateur sports. 

I'm certainly not a pessimist, but I'm having a tough time seeing this team playing in the NCAA Tournament at this point.  Too many tough games still on the slate, and the margin for error is close to being razor thin at this point.  If they win their next 4 games, then things suddenly changes.

It's gonna be tough, tough, tough. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:04:13 AM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2015, 12:04:01 AM »
We are going to beat Providence handily on Saturday just to give some of the more naive fans some more false hope. That's what this team does

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »
We are going to beat Providence handily on Saturday just to give some of the more naive fans some more false hope. That's what this team does

20 point lss

Wods317

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2015, 12:24:08 AM »
Lavin smiling While talking to McDermott at the end during the hand shake was infuriating. Love these kids, they werent given a fair shot. Can't win with 5 guys in this conference.