Creighton Game 1

• 179 replies

Chilleb

Re: Creighton Game 1
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2015, 12:27:16 AM »
WALKING IN THE JUNGLE, WITH MY GUARD UP, CHAIRS AND BEER BOTTLES BEING FLUNG OVERHEAD

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2015, 01:28:59 AM »
Jordan pops right up on the bench, no knee, it was a benching by Lavin. The arrogance that shmuck has.

He got benched after he traveled trying for a layup right? I seen Jordan go to the bench, Steve Kneeled and talked with him.
You could see a big smirk on Jordan's face.
So nah, I think it was a benching as well.

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2015, 01:35:24 AM »
Oh come on guys, Lavin wouldn't mislead anyone would he?

SJUFAN

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2015, 01:37:57 AM »
First bad loss on the resume, ugly night, no getting around it. Dee still isn't 100%.

Have to go 7-4, plus one BE win to be dancing. Tonight was a blemish on their profile, but this season, and their NCAA bubble, aren't even close to being bursted. This just once again, reduces the margin of error as the schedule shrinks to 11 remaining Big East games, plus x amount in the BET.

When the head coach praises the effort in a loss to an 0-8 team and cant figure out a damn triangle and 2 we cant discuss postseason play, let alone the bubble

Has nothing to do with the defense they were playing, our team can't shoot. If players are going to play five feet off you, you have to shoot and make the shot.

desco80

« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:28 AM »
Lavin is spinning like crazy YET AGAIN after this loss. The guy is a PR machine. And you guys thought I was crazy with my Sampson theory

Remind me again, what was your Sampson theory?

Also, I'll say it again for the 478the time, it's obvious Quanman works for Lavin.  You can't take him seriously, his job is to come on here and tell us the company talking points, and give the same spin coach is spewing. 

Johnny23

« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »
Like I've been saying since Day 1 with Lavin, there is no offensive chemistry or system on this team. None at all. It's difficult to watch.

It's more of that stupid 1-on-5 drive into the right corner or left and hand it off to Harrison or Greene and let them create. That is not an offensive system.

Also, Jamal Branch played great last night but there's not enough balls on this team for him so he'll most likely fall back into invisibility again.

Lavin has never even learned how to get Obekpa into the offense which is a real shame. He's become way too one dimensional when he has the tools to be a 10 and 10 guy on O.

The lack of bench is another strike against them.

This team is all upperclassmen, played together for years, highly rated recruits, and still can barely be on the bubble for an NCAA tourney berth. Very sad.

pmg911

« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2015, 07:17:39 AM »
Lavin smiling While talking to McDermott at the end during the hand shake was infuriating. Love these kids, they werent given a fair shot. Can't win with 5 guys in this conference.

Totally agree there...     he is like a politician...

After we beat Marquette...   Wojo got thru the hand shake line in seconds and could tell all he cared about was the fact that they lost, loved seeing that intensity.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:19:58 AM by pmg911 »

desco80

« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2015, 07:27:08 AM »
Lavin smiling While talking to McDermott at the end during the hand shake was infuriating. Love these kids, they werent given a fair shot. Can't win with 5 guys in this conference.

After we beat Marquette...   Wojo got thru the hand shake line in seconds and could tell all he cared about was the fact that they lost, loved seeing that intensity.

I just don't get that.  Where is the frustration and disappointment with this guy?
I get that he wants to remain positive, but there's just no sense of urgency. 
Doesn't he realize the season is slipping away?   

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »

I just don't get that.  Where is the frustration and disappointment with this guy?
Insecure folks often protect themselves at all costs. He knows posse is catching up to him, but will maintain his "Joe Cool" veneer until he comes up with his exit strategy. Health, mom needs me back home, wife likes Cali or broadcasting is a passion, etc. Just pick one Steve.
Frankly I am ok with a change even if it means losing recruits this year. This formula has not worked & it is time to explore alternatives.

Foad

« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »
Creighton thoughts: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2015, 10:42:03 AM »
Feel like I attended the wake (first halh) and funeral (final score) all in one night.  RIP SJU 2014 -2015 season.  Lump in my throat for DLo and Dom - they deserve better !

« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »
Just can't find a way to win these close ones even when a lot goes right:

+++'s
- Out best 3 pt. shooting night, ever?  10 for 18
- 19 assists to only 8 turnovers as a team
- Outboarded them by 6. Eight on the offensive glass.
- Aggie has the outing of his career.

Yet still done in by:

- - -'s
- Painfully slow start giving them and the crowd something to believe in.
- Gave up a ridiculous 9 first half 3's and 5 of 6 to a freshman off the bench named Toby.
- Savior only plays 7 minutes with a knee injury/brain injury/Lavin problem??? Your pick
- Our best player shoot's 27% from the field as the death blow 4 game skid continues
- Aggie, not used to playing this much, fouls out in only 28 minutes for holding a cutter running away from the basket.
- Bluejays shoot 86% from the line to our 59% from the line.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:01:00 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2015, 03:59:51 PM »
Congrats to Phil Greene IV for passing prolific scorer and Puke killer; elite 8 team star and all around fan favorite Marvis "Bootsy" Thornton and Knick power forward supreme offspring; outside shooting; high leaping and oft injured Anthony "Mase" "Junior" Mason - to move into 42nd on the St. John's University all-time point scoring annals.

goredmen

« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »
Lavin is spinning like crazy YET AGAIN after this loss. The guy is a PR machine. And you guys thought I was crazy with my Sampson theory

Remind me again, what was your Sampson theory?

Also, I'll say it again for the 478the time, it's obvious Quanman works for Lavin.  You can't take him seriously, his job is to come on here and tell us the company talking points, and give the same spin coach is spewing. 

Basically just that Sampson had told Lavin on the Friday or Saturday that he was going to commit and Lavin told him to hold off on announcing until Monday morning (which was a dead day in CBB) to get a little extra pub around the announcement instead of it getting buried under the CBB news over the weekend.

It's not a huge deal and I don't blame Lavin for doing it, it just goes to show that Lavin is constantly thinking of PR. I got lambasted in the Sampson thread for this theory, but I'm sticking with it

« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »

Insecure folks often protect themselves at all costs. He knows posse is catching up to him, but will maintain his "Joe Cool" veneer until he comes up with his exit strategy. Health, mom needs me back home, wife likes Cali or broadcasting is a passion, etc. Just pick one Steve.
Frankly I am ok with a change even if it means losing recruits this year. This formula has not worked & it is time to explore alternatives.
Jeez, the psycho analysis, this group is amazing. Lavin is NOT Wojo and shouldn't be. He is who is, so get over it.

Criticize him all you want, but leave the guy his personality. He is consistent to the annoyance of many here. What a joke. This board can be embarrassing.

jr49

« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »

Right,we're miserable and coach is on laugh in. If it's all a joke to him I'll feel less pained when he gets the boot. This not a one time thing with him. He's always hysterical after a loss.

TONYD3

« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2015, 12:16:01 PM »
Plenty of things to critize Lavin without making things up. Guy is plenty intense. Wishing someone good game is not a bad attribute . None of you have any idea what happened with Sampson,  and how and when he announced coming to St. John's .

desco80

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »

Jeez, the psycho analysis, this group is amazing. Lavin is NOT Wojo and shouldn't be. He is who is, so get over it.

Criticize him all you want, but leave the guy his personality. He is consistent to the annoyance of many here. What a joke. This board can be embarrassing.
You can't leave his personality out of it.
Who he is, is part of the problem.    The spinning and hot air is detrimental to the program.

TONYD3

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2015, 02:13:13 PM »
We don't lose because of his personality . We lose because he sucks at coaching basketball. His personality helps us with recruiting and giving interviews.

SJUFAN

« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2015, 02:17:02 PM »
We don't lose because of his personality . We lose because he sucks at coaching basketball. His personality helps us with recruiting and giving interviews.

I think it is the exact opposite. Its not the coaching that makes us lose. Its his personality that lead him to recruit/or not recruit certain players and it hasn't worked out.