Creighton Game 1

• 179 replies
Re: Creighton Game 1
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »
We don't lose because of his personality . We lose because he sucks at coaching basketball. His personality helps us with recruiting and giving interviews.

I think it is the exact opposite. Its not the coaching that makes us lose. Its his personality that lead him to recruit/or not recruit certain players and it hasn't worked out.

It's kind of amazing to me that he hasn't recruited more players who can cover for his in-game coaching deficiencies.  It does seem that the staff is focused on higher IQ players in this recruiting cycle.  A back court of Sampson + Mussini, for example, seem like a perfect fit for the free flowing "structure" Lavin has implemented as our "system."  Guys like Jakarr, Dom and Sheed, athletic specimens with NBA physical attributes but low BBall IQ, exacerbate Lavin's X & Os flaws.  We need more guys with situational intelligence on the court to make this thing sustainable given Lavin's coaching abilities

paultzman

« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
We don't lose because of his personality . We lose because he sucks at coaching basketball. His personality helps us with recruiting and giving interviews.

I think it is the exact opposite. Its not the coaching that makes us lose. Its his personality that lead him to recruit/or not recruit certain players and it hasn't worked out.

It's kind of amazing to me that he hasn't recruited more players who can cover for his in-game coaching deficiencies.  It does seem that the staff is focused on higher IQ players in this recruiting cycle.  A back court of Sampson + Mussini, for example, seem like a perfect fit for the free flowing "structure" Lavin has implemented as our "system."  Guys like Jakarr, Dom and Sheed, athletic specimens with NBA physical attributes but low BBall IQ, exacerbate Lavin's X & Os flaws.  We need more guys with situational intelligence on the court to make this thing sustainable given Lavin's coaching abilities

Solid post

« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »
I strongly disagree that Dom has low basketball IQ

TONYD3

« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »
Implying that Dom, Harrison , Greene , or branch are dumb, have low basketball IQ's , or are not winning players us shockingly insane.

Foad

« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2015, 05:09:33 PM »
Implying that Dom, Harrison , Greene , or branch are dumb, have low basketball IQ's , or are not winning players us shockingly insane.

Greene is dumb as dirt. I've known smarter quartz. Pointer is not as dumb as Greene, but he's certainly not smart. 

Question: if any of them are winners, what have they won?

TONYD3

« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2015, 05:22:25 PM »
They are only 4. They are not the problem. Greene sometimes takes bad shots, partly by circumstance, and partly because his ego has gotten big. He plays good defense . Dumb as dirt doesn't make sense, please explain.

« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2015, 05:26:43 PM »
They are only 4. They are not the problem. Greene sometimes takes bad shots, partly by circumstance, and partly because his ego has gotten big. He plays good defense . Dumb as dirt doesn't make sense, please explain.

Greene has the worst basketball instincts I have ever seen. You can actually watch him physically get confused. Despite the tough loss it was nice to see the circle offense come out on the 2nd to last possesion. I would let Pointer play point before ever letting Greene do it again

Foad

« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »

Please explain why a player spends 13 seconds dribbling around looking for a long two with his foot on the three point line with 25 seconds left in a game down 4 and then I'll answer your question.

Phil Greene is awful and dumb as a rock.  At least Pointer tries. That you mention the two of them in the same sentence defies logic.

Foad

« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
Greene has the worst basketball instincts I have ever seen.

+ fun

TONYD3

« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
as a PG he is awful. When he is not playing PG which is most of the time I don;t think he plays dumb.

Foad

« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2015, 08:22:54 PM »
as a PG he is awful. When he is not playing PG which is most of the time I don;t think he plays dumb.

Phil Greene is awful and dumb as a rock. His strength is shooting and he's not very good at it. Other than what he's not very good at he stinks at every other facet of the game. End of discussion.

« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2015, 12:26:51 AM »
Dumb as dirt doesn't make sense, please explain.

Now that Wasju has come over to the dark side,  Doc is numero uno Greene hater supreme.  It's misguided, illogical and just plain stupid on his part. 

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2015, 01:04:40 AM »

Phil Greene is awful and dumb as a rock. His strength is shooting and he's not very good at it. Other than what he's not very good at he stinks at every other facet of the game. End of discussion.

Rectangle has been a double digit scorer in EVERY SINGLE BE contest and 9 out of the last 10!

In Conference play:
AVERAGING 14.4 ppg. 10th in the league
45% shooting percentage 14th in the league (mostly front court players ahead of him...among guards he's like 3rd)
41% 3pt shooting percentage 12th in the league
16 three pointers total 8th in the league
1.1 steals per game 13th in the league
42nd leading scorer in the 107 year history of St. John's University

What's that you are whining about?  This perimeter oriented guard doesn't get offensive rebounds.  Yes, he only has 6 on the season.  Know what? The best player in the entire league, Sterling Gibbs, has 9.  Gibbs is averaging about .4 offensive boards a game and Rhombus is .3.

What's that other drivel?  Oh, he doesn't get to the free throw line often?  True dat. But at least when he get's there he's shooting 76% from the line.

Take your WEAK A$$ anti-Phil rhetoric back to BEB's where it belongs. You are out on an island entirely alone on this one. Hey, it's kinda like BEB's so you should enjoy that.  The entire ever lovin Johnny nation nowadays appreciates, respects him and wakes up in a cold sweat if dreaming about where this team and this season would be without Mean Joe.

And I almost forgot....SYRACUSE!!!!!!!!!

Foad

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
Rectangle

Phil Greene stinks, you're an imbecile, and those nice personic nicknames you use are insipid and embarrassing.

Take your WEAK A$$ anti-Phil rhetoric back to BEB's where it belongs.

"Your game reports on Beb this season have been outstanding.  I've really been enjoying them. I know I speak for Johnny fans and rubes everywhere in thanking you for taking the time and effort to write them."

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=9109.msg212626#msg212626

Not surprisingly you seem to have out stupided yourself.

<remaining twaddle hosed>

LoganK

« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2015, 09:14:21 AM »
Rectangle

Phil Greene stinks, you're an imbecile, and those nice personic nicknames you use are insipid and embarrassing.

Uh oh Carmine, the internet tough guy is back and he's gunnin for you.  Hide your wife, hide your kids....

« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2015, 09:19:10 AM »
Dumb as dirt doesn't make sense, please explain.

Now that Wasju has come over to the dark side,  Doc is numero uno Greene hater supreme.  It's misguided, illogical and just plain stupid on his part. 

I have never gotten mad at guys for missing shots and through no fault of his own Phil is one of the top 3 scorers on the team. We have no alternative. He has to shoot. We have no other option. He has played really well in some games and he has played what he is in most. In a perfect world he is the first guard off the bench. My criticism and really it was Lavin's fault has always been watching him try to play point guard. That is painful to watch. 

The only thing that seems to come naturally to Phil on a basketball court is shooting. And if you look at his shooting %, he is not that good at the thing he is best at. 

TONYD3

« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »
EMBRÀSSING is calling urself FOAD . EMBRÀSSING is putting serial killers in your profile. EMBRÀSSING is staring fights on a message board. I would love to see if your mouth is as smart in real life. As always, UFOAD

« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »
Rectangle

Take your WEAK A$$ anti-Phil rhetoric back to BEB's where it belongs.

"Your game reports on Beb this season have been outstanding.  I've really been enjoying them. I know I speak for Johnny fans and rubes everywhere in thanking you for taking the time and effort to write them."

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=9109.msg212626#msg212626

Not surprisingly you seem to have out stupided yourself.

<remaining twaddle hosed>

The Creighton one was tremendous.  The mood and general tone of the thing succinctly reflected the feeling of Johnny fans everywhere.  I should have written that "I've really been enjoying them Except for the lopsided and misguided Trapezoid bashing".

For instance, you've been complaining that the Rhombus has been the anti-Costco.  Then not a mention how in addition to his automatic double digit scoring and stellar 3 point shooting ( 2 for 3 ) against Creighton, he pulled in 6 rebounds and had a 5 to 1 assist/turnover ratio in the game.

Your now the only St. Johns fan anywhere that doesn't like him.  Perhaps your wrong.

And oh yeah....wait for it....SYRACUSE!!!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2015, 12:03:16 PM »
The only thing that seems to come naturally to Phil on a basketball court is shooting. And if you look at his shooting %, he is not that good at the thing he is best at. 

You must have missed it:

45% shooting percentage 14th in the league (mostly front court players ahead of him...among guards he's like 3rd)
41% 3pt shooting percentage 12th in the league.

The days of a sweet shooting left handed guard/forward from Brooklyn and a guard named after a popular brand of beer shooting north of 50% are long, long gone. Square is shooting a better percentage this season than your Bffl 3'lo has ever shot in a season.  His shooting percentage has gone up every year he's been here.  He's shooting a better percentage in conference than non-conference.

Guards shooting 40% or just under it is now the new normal.  40 is the new 50!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:04:10 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Foad

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2015, 12:36:29 PM »
EMBRÀSSING is calling urself FOAD . EMBRÀSSING is putting serial killers in your profile. EMBRÀSSING is staring fights on a message board. I would love to see if your mouth is as smart in real life. As always, UFOAD

Thanks for the advice, although it might be easier to take coming from someone who could spell better than a sixth grader. Embarrassed can be tough - I'm man enough to admit that sometimes even I have trouble with it - is it two Rs and two S's or one R or what. It's tricky right? Of course I know how many syllables it has, so that makes it a little easier.

Here's a neat way to remember for future reference. Imagine that you forgot to put on your pants in the morning and didn't notice until you were on the subway. You'd look down and say: I'm bare assed naked. All you have to do is take the "I'm bared assed" part, change the I to an E, take out the apostrophe and and swap out the E (as in elementary school) for an R (as in retard) and then just smush it all together. Watch:

I'm bare assed.

E'm bare assed.

Em bare assed.

Em barr assed.

Embarrassed.

See how easy?