Jordan Drama again?

• 134 replies
Re: Jordan Drama again?
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
He hurt his leg, he was shaking his leg on the bench then the trainer came over.

How is his back? Or his bad feeling? Tweeted that too.
If he is hurt than his relationship with team is even worse than I thought as no trainer looked at him the whole time was on the bench and again no ice. Maybe SJU does not have a trainer, or can afford to send him on the road? Becuase that is the only way I buy he was really hurt

How do you know no trainer looked at him? The camera wasn't on him the whole time.

He sat behind Lavin the whole time. If you think you damaged your knee you have to ice it because you can't get MRI until swelling goes down

But how does that prove the trainer didn't look at him?

He came out early and I was confused. He went back in and he looked fine. Came out again and I watched as Lavin talked to him and he was behind Lavin the whole game. If nothing was going on and they were concerned they could have kept him in locker room or he would have sat at end of bench where hurt  guys   go so trainer can work on them. If it was a knee injury you ice and elevate. You don't sit behind the coach with no ice and no trainer for 35 minutes. Even if  his tweeting was not made public I would have been skeptical of this.

And just for the record I never question someone being hurt. That is not why I am convinced it was something else . Knee injury for basketball player is huge and if you are going to take the precaution of sitting him, someone would be checking it out and he would have iced it. If he is hurt, trust me we have bigger problems then because they did nothing for him. I would bet the ranch he is not hurt
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:26:30 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2015, 08:27:32 PM »
And just to be clear, I am not saying he is dogging it or pretending to be hurt, something is going on with him and Lavin again.

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
@KieranDarcy: No change in Rysheed Jordan's status after doctor exam, per St. John's spokesman. Strained patellar tendon, day-to-day #sjubb

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2015, 06:18:36 AM »
For all those who question whether Rysheed is hurt or not here is link about his injury. Notice symptoms and treatment.

http://www.corephysicians.org/news-and-health-library/health-library/injuries/inju3197/

Seems like SJU is trying to put one over on everybody.

TONYD3

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
I first posted that their was no ice. I still rule out nothing . However if he was benched, no way he sits on bench no way he cheers his teammates on. He sat where the 1st sub would sit, near Lavin and next to assistants. I think he is hurt, can't blame anyone who would question him.

CC

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2015, 09:56:01 AM »
I saw the trainer go over to him on the bench when he was shaking his leg.

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2015, 11:45:32 AM »
Initial diagnosis is always a strain until you get the MRI becuase they have no idea until then.

I have no inside info so this is strictly my opinion. I don't think he was hurt. I think something else is going on and I don't think he plays another game for SJU. I will tell you this, if he is able to play the next game,and does Jordan /Lavin put team in terrible spot last game in what was a must win situation.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:46:29 AM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »
 Sorry, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore..    The first 4-5 times was plenty.  When you have the rep of a flake, you invite this kind of speculation.

I don't think he's hurt either.

TONYD3

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2015, 12:18:21 PM »
I don't think he gets the benefit of the doubt. I think he would have left or played with cell phone on the bench if he was not allowed to play. Also think the players would have shunned him if he got in trouble again.

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2015, 12:27:58 PM »
I don't think he gets the benefit of the doubt. I think he would have left or played with cell phone on the bench if he was not allowed to play. Also think the players would have shunned him if he got in trouble again.

As a general rule players always side with the player no matter who the coach is

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »
Sorry, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore..    The first 4-5 times was plenty.  When you have the rep of a flake, you invite this kind of speculation.

I don't think he's hurt either.

Him being hurt did not past the eye test for me last game. Throw in his ominous tweets before the game and his two year history here and well....

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
Agreed

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »
toothache.

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »
toothache.

Missed more games in under 2 seasons than Chris Mullin, Malik Sealy, Mark Jackson  & Felipe Lopez missed in combined 16 years

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
Chronic team rules violator, history of bowing out of some games, suspension, going AWOL to Philly, etc. = Zero benefit of doubt. Heard months ago assistant coaches were frustrated by his NBA showcase agenda, aversion to practice & overall non compliance with even simple rules. Having separate set of rules for him has only enabled this crappy behavior. We all sympathize with his background & family challenges. That said, Harrison also had incredible hurdles, but got his act together. Jordan seems to lack the motivation to do that. Waste of talent & his selfishness is unfair to his teammates.

« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »
Chronic team rules violator, history of bowing out of some games, suspension, going AWOL to Philly, etc. = Zero benefit of doubt. Heard months ago assistant coaches were frustrated by his NBA showcase agenda, aversion to practice & overall non compliance with even simple rules. Having separate set of rules for him has only enabled this crappy behavior. We all sympathize with his background & family challenges. That said, Harrison also had incredible hurdles, but got his act together. Jordan seems to lack the motivation to do that. Waste of talent & his selfishness is unfair to his teammates.

The only criticism of Lavin with this is I think you have to shite or get off the bowl. If these things we have heard are true, kick him off the team. If not, just run him out there, team is better with him. This in between sucks!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:54:21 PM by we are sju »

paultzman

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »

The only criticism of Lavin with this is I think you have to shite or get off the bowl. If these things we have heard are true, kick him off the team. If not, just run him out there, team is better with him. This in between sucks!
Can't argue with that.

paultzman

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
@SportsInsights: #NCAAB #StJohns - Rysheed Jordan, Knee - is upgraded to probable Saturday (1/31) vs. Providence

Holy water I guess. :)

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2015, 01:34:41 PM »
@SportsInsights: #NCAAB #StJohns - Rysheed Jordan, Knee - is upgraded to probable Saturday (1/31) vs. Providence

Holy water I guess. :)

What's the spread?

Foad

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
That said, Harrison also had incredible hurdles, but got his act together. Jordan seems to lack the motivation to do that.

To the extent that Harrison getting his act together wasn't merely natural maturation, it happened after his sophomore year. Jordan hasn't even reached the point in his career by which Harrison was suspended.