Does Lavin deserve an extension
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:18 PM »
get it...

Re: Does Lavin deserve an extension
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 11:13:56 PM »
I would actually fire him now. Hire anyone off the street to make a run at NCAA

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »
Hire someone that will.....you know.... play your best players in a must win game.

#whynot?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:17:06 PM by Ron Artesticles »

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
did his cousin vote yes

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 11:24:11 PM »
Rich Homie QuanMan

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »
The team just needs time to gel guys. Its not like they've been playing together for some time......oh wait!!   THEY HAVE. Lavin usual postgame comment will  be how proud he is of the team's effort and how they seem to be headed in the right direction. SICK of the BULLSH** Lavin you're a damn joke. He's better off working at the used car lots on Northern BLVD.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:28:16 PM »
I wish Lavs would have met Little Allie Boy

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 09:16:12 AM »
Do not know to think. Not happy at all with him . If he is fired what happens ? We need an entire new team.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 03:28:59 PM »
Today's Post brought up Lavin's bizarre momentum killing TO's

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 03:54:51 PM »
Would love to know the reasoning behind the 7 people who voted yes. After this season we will have not made the NCAA's four straight years and next year is looking even worse when 99% of our scoring will be gone.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
Do not know to think. Not happy at all with him . If he is fired what happens ? We need an entire new team.

So be it Tony, keep Lavin with a steller class coming in only for the team to fall on their face? Why not start over?
Lavin is a loser.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »

So be it Tony, keep Lavin with a steller class coming in only for the team to fall on their face? Why not start over?
Lavin is a loser.
start over with who

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 08:54:08 PM »

Lavin is a loser.
start over with who

Whoever it is can't do much worse

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »

Lavin is a loser.
start over with who

I guess we'll have to give the new guy a pass for a few years, oh well.
Better then this loser
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:24:14 PM by mullin85berry86 »

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »
It can get a lot worse. Pay Lavin ( I believe) 1.6 million to stay home. Are his assistants under contract? If so pay them to stay home also. Don't think either Obekpa or Jordan comes back if he is fired. No matter what anyone else says on here I don't believe we have any chance of keeping Sampson.  Kid has plenty of options. Not pro Lavin just don't want to REALLY SUCK. Suck we will for at-least 3 years. You guys remember really sucking, 12th/13th place. No Big East Tournament.
If he finishes his contract and recruits this year I think its best.
No one good is coming with no players. If we are paying Lavin and staff close to 2 million to stay home, how much could we offer a new staff?
We agree that he is a shit head. I did not vote extension, but I would rather extend the shit head. Then fire him without a solid alternative.
Solid alternative- are not these pipe dream coaches- proven winner. who is doing better currently then Lavin is. I don't believe that is out there.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:20:51 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 09:32:19 PM »
It can get a lot worse. Pay Lavin ( I believe) 1.6 million to stay home. Are his assistants under contract? If so pay them to stay home also. Don't think either Obekpa or Jordan comes back if he is fired. No matter what anyone else says on here I don't believe we have any chance of keeping Sampson.  Kid has plenty of options. Not pro Lavin just don't want to REALLY SUCK. Suck we will for at-least 3 years. You guys remember really sucking, 12th/13th place. No Big East Tournament.
No one good is coming with no players. If we are paying Lavin and staff close to 2 million to stay home, how much could we offer a new staff?
We agree that he is a shit head. I did not vote extension, but I would rather extend the shit head. Then fire him without a solid alternative.
Solid alternative- are not these pipe dream coaches- proven winner. who is doing better currently then Lavin is. I don't believe that is out there.

Hahahahaha   It can get a lot worse?
What the differencebetween the NIT and the CBI?  Do yo like being in the NIT? The NIT means absolutely nothing to me.
It's NCAA or nothing.

So to me Norm and Lavin are the same, no NCAA.
So you are wrong. We can't do alot worse then him, but we could do a lot better then him.
If no ncaa appearance again then that's 4 straight years.
Great accomplishment huh? Are you proud that?
If so then you're sad.

goredmen

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 09:52:22 PM »

How can it be worse? This will be 4th year in a row we don't make the big boy tournament. If you're cool being with the NIT every year then sure keep Lavin. But if you are cool with NITs why didn't we just keep Norm? Lavin is a proven loser here. He is a proven underachiever going back to his days at UCLA. So why not take a chance on a young up and coming guy that could turn into a home run hire?

To me, finishing 6th in this watered down BE and being an NIT team is equal to finishing sub .500 and finishing 12th or 13th in the old contest. Its NCAA tourney or bust for me. If you don't make the tournament its a failed season even if you win the NIT. And this year the goal shouldnt have been just to make the tournament, it should have been to win a couple games in the tournament.

You are willing to accept mediocrity because you don't want to be terrible. That's fine I guess. But that also means accepting this mediocrity won't lead to anything great either

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:55:28 PM by goredmen »

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »
Have to think there are attainable coaches who will come here for more money, MSG, the Big East (which is still a good conference and has TV money) and the ability to sell NY and PT to good recruits.

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »
Never in a million years

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 07:39:25 AM »
You guys are slow. If he is fired in March. What players is the new coach getting? How much will be allotted for a new coach? Already spent 2 million. What players are coming back? Since every coach in the last 20 years has failed I am sure coaches will be fighting at the opportunity to coach Felix Balmor at the garden. Also since when has money not been an issue at St. Johns? Nit isnt great, Cbi is worse. Next year can be much worse. Hating Lavin is understandable. I am not as spiteful as some of you.
His contract ends next year. Fire him then.