AD position

• 30 replies

dandy

Re: AD position
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 06:51:54 AM »
i love that this thread is directly above the one where he said he "heard [lavin getting canned] is a done deal" on that thread's almost one year anniversary.

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 10:01:16 AM »
Little birdie told me that Big East might be putting the pressure on ST Johns to make a move in that position, basically forcing him out.  New president will be making changes.

The league needs St Johns to be good for the Big East to compete. They don't have the UConns and Syracuse's anymore to carry the load. If the Big East loses MSG  to a better conference for the tourny, the league is finished.

Party is over,, time to make some moves

Does administration really seem this determined to make St. John's a good/consistent program or is this your view? Have no idea but it seems like they fear (reasonably so) that if the hometown team isn't relevant, other conferences will fight for our postseason MSG tourney. I hope they feel backed into a corner and realize they need to make major moves and fight their way back to some level of national attention. If not, the ACC will eventually take MSG as theirs.
The ACC will NEVER "make MSG theirs."

It is the All Carolina Cabal.  Cuse, Louisville, Pitt, ND, etc., will NEVER break that bond.  Swofford might put the tourney in NYC once every 5-6 years just to throw the northern brethren a bone.  It will be held in DC a few more times as an F You to Maryland.  Other than that, Tobacco Road still rules.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 10:19:03 AM »
i love that this thread is directly above the one where he said he "heard [lavin getting canned] is a done deal" on that thread's almost one year anniversary.

The difference is there is a different President, so change may actually occur. Something will need to happen to Lavin soon, either be extended or let go.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 10:25:27 AM »

The reason this thread is here us because that didn't happen.

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 04:24:04 PM »
And to be clear I do think Monasch could be on the hot seat. I just don't see how the Big East starts telling schools to fire their AD's

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
And to be clear I do think Monasch could be on the hot seat. I just don't see how the Big East starts telling schools to fire their AD's
Doubt they did Mike.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 04:45:50 PM »

They don't... 

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »

If they don't, they should start. 

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »
Gene Smith the AD at Ohio State has a base salary $959,263 and bonuses of up to an additional $130,000. What do you think SJU is willing to pay?

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »

If they don't, they should start.
Maybe some other Beast ADs have private convos asking "What are they doing over there?  Butler's HC goes AWOL, they just plug another asst in, and they more....Xavier loses 2-3 key transfers, they keep rolling. They have a recruitment cycle roller coaster..."  I bet some of them are talking, we just wouldn't hear about it.

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 10:25:38 PM »
Won't be long now