Providence - Player of the Game

• 23 replies

desco80

Providence - Player of the Game
« on: January 31, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
I thought jordan played and shot very well.

paultzman

Re: Providence - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 03:49:37 PM »
Baseline play against zone was outstanding for most part & Dom did a lot of work getting ball down low & taking it to hoop.  Solid!

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »
Rysheed Drama for miraculously shaking off his knee injury and playing a good game. Was positively Willis Reed like.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »
Rysheed Drama for miraculously shaking off his knee injury and playing a good game. Was positively Willis Reed like.
Is "Fakeatitis" an arthritic condition?

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
Rysheed was dominant on defense. He played like a 1st team all big east player.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 04:29:46 PM »
Thought Phil taking it to the hole and not settling for jump shots was key. Dom had a great game on both ends of the court.

redslope

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
The "Dominator" continues--do I hear BE honor roll for second consecutive week???

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
I went with Phil. He carried the load in 1st half

cjfish

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »
great line by Dom again, may be team MVP by the end of the year.  Some great assists.  A few forced drives but the way he goes to the hoop that will happen and I can live with it.  Nice game by Jordan, hope it continues.  Dlo not getting to the hoop much which effects him keeping the D honest, may still have a leg issue.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
Sir with much Love.  5 is too many turnovers but he scored, rebounded, assisted and had a great day from the line.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 05:43:16 PM »
Dom

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 06:42:27 PM »
Rysheed didnt put up the line that dom did but he played close to a flawless game. Didnt force the issue and shot well. Really dont remember him doing anything wrong out there today.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
I voted for Phil because when he is on offensively, St Johns does well.  He is that X factor. Statistically, Dom had another Sir Dom performance.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 11:21:16 PM »
Three great choices in Greene, Pointer, and Jordan.  I was very happy to see Jordan respond the way he did after all the drama.  MAYBE, just maybe, he got his much needed dose of humility and reality has set in.  He showed great hustle.

Greene provided much needed offense in key spots.  He's really having a very solid season.

But my vote goes to the Dominator.  When he brings it like this, he almost single-handedly covers up all the holes this team has.  It's been a great season for him already and I think he is just getting started. 

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 01:41:34 AM »
Said this in another thread.  I questioned repeatedly last year why Dom wasn't more active on the boards (esp offensive) against good teams. Too often he was lingering out 20 feet from the hoop.  Staff couldn't figure out how to play Sanchez, Sampson and Dom together in the 3-5 slots when CO was out.  That lineup if used properly would have caused all sorts of matchup problems.  Sin it took until year 4 to get these types of performances out of Pointer.  Based on how he's played this year, I put that on the staff.

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 01:52:39 AM »
Said this in another thread.  I questioned repeatedly last year why Dom wasn't more active on the boards (esp offensive) against good teams. Too often he was lingering out 20 feet from the hoop.  Staff couldn't figure out how to play Sanchez, Sampson and Dom together in the 3-5 slots when CO was out.  That lineup if used properly would have caused all sorts of matchup problems.  Sin it took until year 4 to get these types of performances out of Pointer.  Based on how he's played this year, I put that on the staff.

Awful job by Lavin last year in that regard. We should have played small with Pointer at the four and Sampson at the five.  Sanchez should have been given a defined role off the bench down low and only allowed to pop out for pick-and-roll action and screens. 

It drove me nuts to see Dom on the perimeter.  I posted for three years at that point that he should be play the four.  That team should have won 25 games and should have been playing volleyball on the offensive glass all season.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 04:23:02 AM »
Dom was in the mix on both sides of the ball making an impact.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 08:33:55 AM »
My vote was for SDP.  Notice that when he sat with three fouls that's when Prov made it close.  He came back in and we built it back to 10. Agree with previous poster that he was not able to play his game last year, because of over-use and mis-use of Sampson and Sanchez. And btw, how about SDP's free threo shooting.  In previous years, he was almost brick-city; now he is almost automatic.  Congrats to him for his work on that!

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »
I don't think people realize just how good Dom has been these last few weeks. I've become more and more impressed with his play each game.  He's picked a damn good time to shine too with Harrison being visibly hurt.

Other than the occasional debacle when he dribbles the ball up the floor, he's played nearly flawless basketball given his skill set. He doesn't have a long-range jumper, but he knows it.

His defense has been elite. He's made good decisions when he gets the ball into the lane or around the free throw lane.  He's been hitting the boards like an animal too.

Last 4 games:

7-13 15 pts 12 rebounds 6 assists 6 blocks 2 steals
9-17 21 pts 10 rebounds 4 assists 3 blocks 3 steals
5-16 13 pts 10 rebounds 6 assists 3 blocks 3 steals
6-10 20 pts 7 rebounds 5 assists  1 block 1 steal

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 10:46:22 AM »
He goes down in my book with the likes of Charles Minelind, Lamont Middleton, Anthony Glover and Tyrone Grant…. all brought different things to the table but were work horses.