Obamacare

• 9 replies
Obamacare
« on: November 14, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
3'lo's numbers have gone south as soon as they started to talk about a knee injury during the Depaul game.  And there have been telltale signs such as missing shots short and not rising as high off the court while shooting.

But I don't think we/he/they get to claim/complain that he's injured when his minutes played since said injury are 44, 35, 35, 40 and 35.

Re: Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:21 PM »
3'lo's numbers have gone south as soon as they started to talk about a knee injury during the Depaul game.  And there have been telltale signs such as missing shots short and not rising as high off the court while shooting.

But I don't think we/he/they get to claim/complain that he's injured when his minutes played since said injury are 44, 35, 35, 40 and 35.
Plus, the first step off the dribble is slower than usual, making it harder to finish a drive.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
He plays because he's a warrior.  Doesn't mean his effectiveness isn't diminished by the injury.   I think the shoulder injury may have as much of an impact on the jumpers as the calf injury.  He has also failed to finish on layups that he would not normally blow.  It is what it is.  All teams have injuries and there is no point in complaining.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
Harrison creates a lot of contact himself, but he never gets any calls. In college if the defender touches the offensive player it is called a foul but Harrison gets no benefit of the doubt. It is really annoying

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:11:57 PM »
I actually think Harrison is pretty good at drawing fouls.  When he is playing a step slow he initiates a lot of contact and for that reason probably doesn't get the benefit of the doubt as much as a guy who can blow by defenders routinely.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:17:10 PM »
Harrison leans in a lot and hand checks when driving. He's kind of a flopper, tries to sell it

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 02:11:02 AM »
Harrison leans in a lot and hand checks when driving. He's kind of a flopper, tries to sell it

They don't call hand checks anymore, it was a big deal last year and they've reneged on it being called a foul. 

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
Harrison creates a lot of contact himself, but he never gets any calls. In college if the defender touches the offensive player it is called a foul but Harrison gets no benefit of the doubt. It is really annoying

Maybe the reason why he doesn't get any calls, (and I think he does actually) is because he he throws his arms up in the air while motioning towards the ref every single time. I saw him do it on Sat twice in the span of 3 minutes. And the refs made the right call both times. Just play the damn game.

CC

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:22:08 PM »
The least of this team's worries is Harrison, he does everything in his power to win.  You can tell he wants it

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 08:44:36 PM »
Harrison is as savvy as they come drawing contact.  If we had a big-time shooter to create more space he would be a downright menace. 

Hopefully he gets back to full health very soon and gets back to his midrange.