• 53 replies
Big East Tournament Bracket (Feb. 15th)
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
Movement since last week:
St. John's +3
Xavier -1
DePaul -1
Seton Hall -1

Tiebreakers: Providence swept season series with Georgetown. Marquette & Creighton split, but Marquette has the better conference win compared to Creighton (beat #3 Providence)

Re: Big East Tournament Bracket (Feb. 15th)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »
Georgetown and Nova would be a huge hurdle to get over to get to the big east title.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »
Georgetown and Nova would be a huge hurdle to get over to get to the big east title.

Yeah, that would be the worst possible scenario for us.  Hopefully, things change before the end of the season.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »

Yeah, that would be the worst possible scenario for us.  Hopefully, things change before the end of the season.
Agree. But as Lou used to say "Hey, you can't pick your spots!".  :)

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
lol yeah, Gtown and Nova are really the only two teams I don't want to play.

I don't think Butler beats us at MSG. We would be hungry for that.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
Wonder how Butler losing the kid, Andrew Chrabascz, affects them rest of way.  They have the slimmest of margins holding on to that 2 seed with a game at Xavier coming up.  They could just as easily slide down to 3 or 4 as much as staying at 2.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
I want to avoid Nova for as long as possible. Any other team I am confident in the garden .

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
I like the way things look right now.  Obviously a lot is still to be decided over the next few conference games.  But, based on us holding the tiebreaker over providence and xavier, it seems the most likely scenario is sju ends up as a 4 or 5 seed.  Assuming butler or gtown finish as the 3, this is probably the best scenario as it would set up a first round game against either providence or xavier.  Of course, this would also lead to (if sju wins in the first game) a match up against nova.  But, tourney fate is likely sealed by that point and losing to nova wouldn't hurt in that regard.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 04:03:51 PM »
I refuse to accept that we can't beat Nova.  I'm sure our players believe that we can beat them.

desco80

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
I refuse to accept that we can't beat Nova.  I'm sure our players believe that we can beat them.
I just want to see us have the chance.   Win our first game in the tournament, and then let's see what happens. 
Would LOVE to see us in the semis on Friday night.    The kids deserve that atmosphere. 

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:45:50 PM »

I feel much more confident about a garden win vs nova then I do gtown.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »
I just want to see us have the chance.   Win our first game in the tournament, and then let's see what happens. 
Would LOVE to see us in the semis on Friday night.    The kids deserve that atmosphere. 

Seriously! Ive never seen a sju BE semi finals game.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 11:27:58 PM »

Seriously! Ive never seen a sju BE semi finals game.
Is there such a thing?  :)

jr49

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 04:56:57 AM »
Any team can throw a stinker, then they look beatable. Of course if we play our 2 best halves of the season they also look beatable, and the would be.

NYCoffey

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »
To get an all session pass to the tourney is better to go through the school or would it be the same as going through any other ticket service?

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 03:16:05 PM »
To get an all session pass to the tourney is better to go through the school or would it be the same as going through any other ticket service?

I only go through the school so not sure which is better, just know that if you go through the school they have a ridiculous policy that requires someone to sign for the fedex package in person, so have them direct it to a place where someone is around during the day.

NYCoffey

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »
Thanks

cjfish

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 04:46:19 PM »
No reason we cant beat Nova if we have a good game.  Our quickness can play with them.  For the younger crowd.....I went to every BE torney from 1979 thru the early 90s.  The atmosphere when SJU makes a run is incredible.  Often SJU is outdrawn...in those days by Gtown, Syr  and UConn, but the city comes together and goes crazy when SJU has a good torney.  The noise level reaches volumes you have never heard.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »
Decided against full session pass with my season tickets. Hope they make me regret it. =D

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 09:24:14 PM »
The game DJ got hurt vs Syracuse was the best game experience that I ever had as a St. John's fan. Conference isn't the same, but we should do well every year. Hoping to play butler in 4/5 game. Would not bet against us Friday night vs NOVA.