Georgetown 2

• 146 replies
Re: Georgetown 2
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
I wanna give CO a shout out for toughness. He did not have a easy assignment today.
I have called him overrated for 3 years . He is playing great lately .
Like I said earlier in the thread, I think we are better with him on the bench
Pearls of wisdom, so ya said it twice. Do ya really think this team would be better if he were glued to the bench? Giving you a third chance.

First off, I never said he sucks.
Secondly, as I now said twice, I think we are better with him on the bench. He played 19 minutes today, that is perfect

« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
I think Baldi's point is that when we are playing well offensively and surviving on the defensive end, it is better to give CO some rest with the foot/ankle problem.  Obviously when we are getting beat around the basket or on the boards we need Obekpa badly.  Him and Dom turned the recent Xavier game around, and Obekpa's defensive presence in the first half today was huge.

« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
Who drew the early fouls on Smith? Obekpa or Pointer. Dom and the guards are good enough to make them adjust to us, not vice versa

Poison

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2015, 06:55:09 PM »
Terrific win today. One senior had a rough game, and seeing the others pick him up like that was inspiring. Maybe they are coming together at the right time? Obekpa, hopefully, will
grow up before then.

Props to all the seniors for not giving up on the season they fell to 14-8.
It's a group that has finally shown everyone how tough they are.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:55:30 PM by Poison »

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2015, 07:34:23 PM »
I missed it.  Seems like it was a decent game.  :2funny: Anybody know of a televised replay coming up? Thank you.

Please don't say "get tivo".

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:21:14 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2015, 07:41:47 PM »
I missed it.  Seems like it was a decent game.  :2funny: Anybody know of a televised replay coming up.  Thank you.

Please don't say "get tivo".

Buy a copy from CBS. PG IV was on fire!

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Basically just hoping Jamal is alright for the BET.

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2015, 09:06:22 PM »
Congratulations to Phil Greene IV who scored a career high 26 points.  Passing Ken McIntyre, Shawnelle Scott and James Buchanon to move into 32nd on the St. John's University all-time scoring list!

Mr. McIntyre led the Johnnies to the 1964/65 Nit tournament championship as a senior.  He went 144 for 164 from the line that season for a blistering 88%.
Mr. Scott was a powerhouse player that shot a very effective 54% from the field while at St. John's including a scintillating 59% in his junior year, 1992/93.
Mr. Buchanan was a pure point who was a great passer with a strong handle that still managed to score almost 1200 points in the late 80's and early 90's.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:16:56 PM by carmineabbatiello »

TONYD3

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »
Carmine I hope u didn't miss ur boy score 26.

jr49

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2015, 10:52:36 PM »
I think Baldi's point is that when we are playing well offensively and surviving on the defensive end, it is better to give CO some rest with the foot/ankle problem.  Obviously when we are getting beat around the basket or on the boards we need Obekpa badly.  Him and Dom turned the recent Xavier game around, and Obekpa's defensive presence in the first half today was huge.
Thanks for explaining, and that was a good post. As a fan of a team with no height and depth I sure am glad an impact player like CO is doing his part. I don't think we would be where we are if he were not part of the only team I root for.

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »
Thanks for explaining, and that was a good post. As a fan of a team with no height and depth I sure am glad an impact player like CO is doing his part. I don't think we would be where we are if he were not part of the only team I root for.

Would love to borrow your book on fandom when you're done with it

« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2015, 11:33:11 PM »

Missed it and don't see a replay anywhere.  Too bad it wasn't a fox game.  Heard some on the radio as I drove around aimlessly.

How was the senior ceremony?  Did our boys get the send-off they deserve?  Hope video of that makes it's way onto Redstormsports.com.

What percentage of the crowd was us to them?

« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »
Place wasn't as full as I hoped it would be at the beginning for the seniors ceremony.  But the kids got a nice hand.  Overall though, the crowd was the best for a non-Duke game since the Pitt/Hardy game a few years ago.  Close to 14,000 and predominantly SJU fans.

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2015, 11:45:53 PM »
I agree.  I thought the crowd was more st. john's maybe because we were control the whole game.  Probably the best crowd this year besides the Duke game.

Johnny23

« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2015, 11:59:46 PM »
Congratulations to Phil Greene IV who scored a career high 26 points.  Passing Ken McIntyre, Shawnelle Scott and James Buchanon to move into 32nd on the St. John's University all-time scoring list!

Mr. McIntyre led the Johnnies to the 1964/65 Nit tournament championship as a senior.  He went 144 for 164 from the line that season for a blistering 88%.
Mr. Scott was a powerhouse player that shot a very effective 54% from the field while at St. John's including a scintillating 59% in his junior year, 1992/93.
Mr. Buchanan was a pure point who was a great passer with a strong handle that still managed to score almost 1200 points in the late 80's and early 90's.

Do you mean Jason Buchanan? I remember him. A slender pg from Syracuse I believe and he had a nice career for the Johnnies.

« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2015, 12:27:08 AM »

Missed it and don't see a replay anywhere.  Too bad it wasn't a fox game.  Heard some on the radio as I drove around aimlessly.

How was the senior ceremony?  Did our boys get the send-off they deserve?  Hope video of that makes it's way onto Redstormsports.com.

Senior ceremony video is on the StJohns Redstorm Facebook page

« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2015, 01:12:35 AM »

Do you mean Jason Buchanan? I remember him. A slender pg from Syracuse I believe and he had a nice career for the Johnnies.

My bad.  Sorry Jason.  It's inexcusable really as I was following the team closely and going to many games when he was playing.

« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2015, 01:12:56 AM »

Senior ceremony video is on the StJohns Redstorm Facebook page

Thanks Marco.

« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2015, 01:26:46 AM »
We're dancin and I am so, so very happy for this group of seniors! 

From this day forward, the names Jamal Branch, Phil Greene IV, DeAngelo Harrison, Kadeem Ndiaye and Sir Dominic Pointer will be exalted. On par with seniors Malik Boothe, Justin Burrell, Justin Brownlee, Dwight Hardy, Paris Horne and D J Kennedy forevermore and forevermore. 

If they somehow actually win a tournament game...they'll have surpassed them in our hearts and minds.   :-*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:42:30 AM by carmineabbatiello »

Wods317

« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »
Wish we could have a crowd like that at every one of the garden games. Shows you if the team is good and the matchup is right we can pack the house. Consistent winning will lead to more crowds like yesterday. St. John's has a nice group of die hards but it's those fans that follow the team but don't attend a lot of games unless the team is good that's key. As with any team in any sport winning is the main thing to put fans in the seats.