NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies
Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 08:09:54 PM »
Vitale yelling at Lunadi that Pitt deserves to be in

Vitale pulling for the ACC? No way, lol

Lol. He also just went  on a rant how Syracuse players should not be penalized for something that happened years ago. Specifically Christmas and Cooney. I kind of agree

Yeah I agree, but really no way around it.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »

Lol. He also just went  on a rant how Syracuse players should not be penalized for something that happened years ago. Specifically Christmas and Cooney. I kind of agree

Something that happened in 2007?

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 08:19:57 PM »

So they should get a free pass?

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 08:39:22 PM »

So they should get a free pass?

Well it was 8 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:51:49 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:30 PM »

Yup Syracuse took the cowards way out. Let those guys stand and take a bullet. If the ncaa doesn't penalize them further it is a joke.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »
I think Duke might be the only team able to beat Kentucky.  Tyus  Jones  might be the best player in the nation right now

Poison

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »
Lunadi also saying Syracuse would not be in had it be eligible, yet

I think if they finish .500 in conference that's an NIT team.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 09:27:47 PM »

Yup Syracuse took the cowards way out. Let those guys stand and take a bullet. If the ncaa doesn't penalize them further it is a joke.

Didn't they do what we did in 04-05?
In terms of penalizing current players for what previous players did, how do we know that the current players are innocent?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:29:38 PM by Poison »

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 09:33:18 PM »
If anyone has to worry, I think it's Xavier

I'm srill nervous anmd won't relax until it's a sure bet thjat we are in.
Just 1 more f'ing win.  1 more

ras

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 10:47:06 PM »
I agree. I'm not going to pop my NCAA champagne until we get 1 more win. Although we re probably in.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 11:32:35 PM »
SJU beating GT is awesome but making the tournament should be a given at this point. The goal should be winning at least one goal in the tournament if not more. We were ranked as high as 15....this team deserves credit for bending and not breaking in the middle of the season.
However Lavin deserves blame if we don't get out of the the first round of the NCAA tournament. Making it to the first round with norm guys was an achievement, being bounced in the first round with his guys is a disappointment.

Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 12:32:22 AM »
I think they'll still be hyped for the two remaining road games and the BET. Winning the Big East Tournament should not be out of their minds.

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 07:44:42 AM »

Didn't they do what we did in 04-05?
In terms of penalizing current players for what previous players did, how do we know that the current players are innocent?

That is true poision, we dont know whats gone on with the current guys.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tha Kid

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 08:07:54 AM »
No longer does this belong in the college and sports section!  Now we can relax on selection Sunday and only worry about seeding

Marco please tell me you are not trying to put the jinx on us.  Below is what you posted one week ago - 3 out of 4 AND help.  Now we are solidly in with just two?  What made you change your mind?

IMO. Absolutely need to beat Xavier and Marquette, and split the Nova/Grown. We need help too. That D2 win is biting us in the arse, useless game
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »
SJU beating GT is awesome but making the tournament should be a given at this point. The goal should be winning at least one goal in the tournament if not more. We were ranked as high as 15....this team deserves credit for bending and not breaking in the middle of the season.
However Lavin deserves blame if we don't get out of the the first round of the NCAA tournament. Making it to the first round with norm guys was an achievement, being bounced in the first round with his guys is a disappointment.

Already setting up Lavin to be blamed for a potential loss a few weeks away. I hope you enjoyed yesterday's game, as much as you will be disappointed with our final loss of the season. Our coaches always disappoint us then.

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 10:36:44 AM »
No longer does this belong in the college and sports section!  Now we can relax on selection Sunday and only worry about seeding

Marco please tell me you are not trying to put the jinx on us.  Below is what you posted one week ago - 3 out of 4 AND help.  Now we are solidly in with just two?  What made you change your mind?

IMO. Absolutely need to beat Xavier and Marquette, and split the Nova/Grown. We need help too. That D2 win is biting us in the arse, useless game

I've been following the "experts" closely. Every time they mention Big East, they say 6 teams are getting in. If they are wrong and it's only 5, imo Xavier is odd man out. Combine that with the weakest bubble we've seen in years, I think St Johns has done enough.  We got some help also.

Obviously if Marquette blows us out we may take a step back in seeding, maybe play in seed 11,  but I don't see that happening. Nova I have chalked up for a loss as well as 1 win in BET

nudginator59

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »

Already setting up Lavin to be blamed for a potential loss a few weeks away. I hope you enjoyed yesterday's game, as much as you will be disappointed with our final loss of the season. Our coaches always disappoint us then.
Yes I did enjoy yesterday's victory greatly and I hope Lavin and the team keep winning so that their seeding keeps improving. They need to keep winning to remove the should to defiantly be in the tournament. Your saying that you will be happy with being in one game, and igborebthe fact that we havn't one a tournament game in a decade?
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »
Not being happy if we lose in the first round and the season being a disappointment are not the same thing.

nudginator59

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 12:21:57 PM »
Not being happy if we lose in the first round and the season being a disappointment are not the same thing.

At they point they are and it could cost Lavin his job. Being ranked as high as 15 then being on the outside of the tournament to now being most likely in the tournament is an example of an up and down season. Not saying they have to go to the finals to have a succesful year, but not winning a game especially with a veteran team would be disappointing.

NYP has an interesting take on this as well.
http://nypost.com/2015/02/28/breaking-down-potential-historic-march-madness-for-ny-area/

Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2015, 03:19:33 PM »

At they point they are and it could cost Lavin his job. Being ranked as high as 15 then being on the outside of the tournament to now being most likely in the tournament is an example of an up and down season. Not saying they have to go to the finals to have a succesful year, but not winning a game especially with a veteran team would be disappointing.

NYP has an interesting take on this as well.
http://nypost.com/2015/02/28/breaking-down-potential-historic-march-madness-for-ny-area/

That it would cost Lavin his job is pure speculation.  I speculate that it wouldn't.  In any event, we will never know since this team will win at least one tournament game.