Haggerty Award

• 7 replies
Haggerty Award
« on: February 28, 2015, 02:28:44 PM »

Re: Haggerty Award
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 04:16:20 PM »
With all respect to Howie, we are the team of the year with 20 wins and numerous top 50 wins.  Iona and St. Francis have had great years, and I don't want to diminish their accomplishments, but it is the Johnnies.

And Pointer is hands down the Haggerty winner.  He is competing at the 4 against a number of guys who are big time players and will play in the league or make a lot of money playing in Europe.  English and Laury are great, and we all know what type of player D-Lo has been, but Dom's the guy.

I think Delgado should get the nod for best frosh in the area, but Casimir is right there for the Gaels.  He has been great and will be a tremendous 4 year player at Iona.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »
With all respect to Howie, we are the team of the year with 20 wins and numerous top 50 wins.  Iona and St. Francis have had great years, and I don't want to diminish their accomplishments, but it is the Johnnies.

And Pointer is hands down the Haggerty winner.  He is competing at the 4 against a number of guys who are big time players and will play in the league or make a lot of money playing in Europe.  English and Laury are great, and we all know what type of player D-Lo has been, but Dom's the guy.

I think Delgado should get the nod for best frosh in the area, but Casimir is right there for the Gaels.  He has been great and will be a tremendous 4 year player at Iona.

Tough to argue that but ....lol.

Who would have guessed Whiteheads name would not even be mentioned at the start of the season

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »
Only the Gods of Karma could have predicted that Delgado and Casimir would have been the best freshman in the area this year ...

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 05:14:14 PM »
Only the Gods of Karma could have predicted that Delgado and Casimir would have been the best freshman in the area this year ...

Delgado is the best big in the big east imo.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »
I think he may be the best rebounder already, though Woods on Butler is very good on the glass.  Guys like Smith, Stainbrook and the big kid on Marquette have better pure low post games, but Delgado is extremely impressive for a freshman.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 07:18:10 AM »

Tough to argue that but ....lol.

Who would have guessed Whiteheads name would not even be mentioned at the start of the season

He was hurt 1/2 the season - the kid had just started to play very well too

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:13 AM »
I think he may be the best rebounder already, though Woods on Butler is very good on the glass.  Guys like Smith, Stainbrook and the big kid on Marquette have better pure low post games, but Delgado is extremely impressive for a freshman.

The best big in the conference is Ochefu IMO. He is the most imposing and athletic big man in the league. Smith and Stainbrook don't move well enough and are below the rim players. Delgado will be a stud in a year or two.