Jordan Improvement!!!!

• 43 replies

hnk

Jordan Improvement!!!!
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:35:34 AM »
Not to be missed three or four turnovers total in last three games....way  better shot selection...no foul trouble and good defense.  He obviously should stay but he's much improved.

Wods317

Re: Jordan Improvement!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 08:57:58 AM »
He's been great last few games. Playing as a part of the team and not an individual. I think he is starting to get it now. Not every kid walks in and gets it day one, look at D'lo. Would be absolutely huge if he came back next year. Would be great for the team but I think even better for him personally. Be the man next year and then maybe make the jump.

Johnny23

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »
Either he works on his ball handling and court vision skills in the offseason or he's primarily a shooting/scoring guard next year if he returns.

Every time he brings the ball up court or looks to dribble drive I cringe. He is very shaky when it comes to being a lead guard and ball handling. He's better as an off the ball player as a scorer/shooter.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »
With one more year, he would be the primary option and get a chance to be a veteran leader. I can't fault him if he were to go, not faulting anyone anymore after seeing Jakarr's success, but he would probably position himself better for sustained NBA success with one more year.

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 10:49:06 AM »
Don't see Jakarr as a success. He got lucky . Odds were very much against him.  Jordan leaving would be a worse one.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »
jakarr has a more rare skill set, hops, wingspan and speed. Guards like jordan need to hone their skills . Plus he was already labeled by some NBA scouts as an issue so he needs to stay , but like you said its always their decision.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:02:15 AM »
Don't see Jakarr as a success. He got lucky . Odds were very much against him.  Jordan leaving would be a worse one.

Buzzkill!  Jakarr is doing something that only about 450 people on this planet are doing.  IMO, that's success.

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
Success is the wrong word. He is very succesful. My point is leaving college before you graduate when you are not projected to be drafted is not a recipe for success.

jr49

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 05:01:46 PM »
NBA teams are required to fill a roster. Sixers not going anywhere for a while. Game plan was get guys who would sign for the minimum and not just this year. They gatta strip it down. Good for Sampson it's still good money and experience. I hope he makes the best of his time.   

jsk

Rysheed Jordan
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 12:34:53 AM »
During game vs Marquette, announcer Tarik Turner made a comment regarding Jordan that was phrased in a way that said Jordan "will" return next year. It was not prefaced by "if" or "might". It seemed to indicate that he "is" returning. Any truth to that or did I hear it wrong? Tarik,, being a relative insider, may know something.. Comments?

Poison

Re: Rysheed Jordan
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 12:37:54 AM »
During game vs Marquette, announcer Tarik Turner made a comment regarding Jordan that was phrased in a way that said Jordan "will" return next year. It was not prefaced by "if" or "might". It seemed to indicate that he "is" returning. Any truth to that or did I hear it wrong? Tarik,, being a relative insider, may know something.. Comments?

Even if Tarik did say that, it doesn't mean that Jordan is definitely returning. So much can happen from now until the end of the season. Let's just sit back and enjoy the next few weeks. We don't get to enjoy basketball very often, and this season has turned out to be a great one. For us.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 12:38:00 AM »
The way I look at it is like this:

He will not be drafted this year. The question is can him and his family wait another year for him to get paid to play. Because he would be looking at the D-League/Europe if he left school this year.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 12:39:24 AM »

I caught that too.  He is close to the team...not just as an announcer, but as a friend and alum. I've seen him right behind the bench when he wasn't calling the game.  As a former tall and highly touted PG, I'm sure he has Rysheed's ear.  I think he'll be back too...staying positive. 

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 12:39:44 AM »
I'm just hoping Jordan shows up for the Villanova game

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 08:21:31 AM »
I'm just hoping Jordan shows up for the Villanova game

If he takes off for Philly, he'll be there!

hnk

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 08:58:22 AM »
It just continues....he is on quite a roll....hopefully this is wetting is appetite about what can be with one more year at St. John's.

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
It just continues....he is on quite a roll....hopefully this is wetting is appetite about what can be with one more year at St. John's.
Or that he is good enough to go pro. Double edged sword.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 11:44:28 AM »
Thought he said is expected to return.

hnk

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:51 AM »
If there's an issue, it will be whether he comes back from Philly.  Baldi knows.

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 12:24:39 PM »
No matter what Jordan does for the remainder of the year, he is not playing himself into the first round, and possibly not even the second round.  His goal is to get that first guaranteed contract, and the 2016 draft is a perfect opportunity for that to happen.  Come back with Chris, help us land some good recruits, and lead the team to a solid year.