Branch

• 25 replies

LoganK

Re: Branch
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 03:20:41 PM »
I have been pleased with Branch's play this year.  To everyone killing the staff for "not getting him pt" prior to this, I imagine you've forgotten how much the board would kill Lavin previously for playing him too much.  Just shows that no matter what happens, someone will always be upset.  There are few right or wrong decisions, only differing opinions.

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 04:01:53 PM »
It's too bad Lavin took 3 years to figure out how to get Branch into the rotation.

Yes, he's playing well and I like him.  But he is the 4th best guard on this team.  Plus in the past we had more front court players deserving minutes and he had a knee injury at some point.  Complaining about Hollywood's use of the Aggie is nit-picking.

He's the best pg on this team hands down. 

No he's not.  Savior is.  We could play around for a few posts with semantics and the meaning of "pure point guard".  I get it. But there is enough of a talent gap to easily call Jordan the better point guard.  When he's available of course. 

Did you say back when that Malik2 was the "the best pg on this team hands down"?  Did you want him to steal minutes from DJ, Hardy and Paris then?  The current situation is exactly the same and obviously being handled correctly as we have the 2nd best offense in the league...and the one ahead of us is a 1 seed.
If you think Jordan is a PG then I don't know what to tell you. 

If he's not,  than who is playing point for the 18.2 minutes per game that Aggie's not in?  Yes, I know he's a combo guard.  I get it.  But I see Savior bringing the ball up the court a lot and with the ball in his hands a lot.  That makes him look like a point guard to me.

Johnny23

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »
It's too bad Lavin took 3 years to figure out how to get Branch into the rotation.

Yes, he's playing well and I like him.  But he is the 4th best guard on this team.  Plus in the past we had more front court players deserving minutes and he had a knee injury at some point.  Complaining about Hollywood's use of the Aggie is nit-picking.

He's the best pg on this team hands down. 

No he's not.  Savior is.  We could play around for a few posts with semantics and the meaning of "pure point guard".  I get it. But there is enough of a talent gap to easily call Jordan the better point guard.  When he's available of course. 

Did you say back when that Malik2 was the "the best pg on this team hands down"?  Did you want him to steal minutes from DJ, Hardy and Paris then?  The current situation is exactly the same and obviously being handled correctly as we have the 2nd best offense in the league...and the one ahead of us is a 1 seed.
If you think Jordan is a PG then I don't know what to tell you. 

If he's not,  than who is playing point for the 18.2 minutes per game that Aggie's not in?  Yes, I know he's a combo guard.  I get it.  But I see Savior bringing the ball up the court a lot and with the ball in his hands a lot.  That makes him look like a point guard to me.

True, I guess he's a point guard for this team since he's bringing it up the court a lot.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 04:41:54 PM »
Jordan also has really good court vision and can set his teammates up.  And has played very team oriented the last dozen games or so.  When Phil was playing point, it was clear he was out of position because he is much better suited playing off the ball as a shooter/scorer.  Even though Jordan's handle needs improvement, and his decision-making is a work in progress, he is much more a PG who can play off the ball than a scoring guard who can handle the point on occasion.

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 08:08:01 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Jamal Branch (mild groin strain) unlikely to play Wednesday. Not believed to be major. #sjubb

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »
Wonder if he could be back for a BET run