Lavin on Katz's Korner on ESPNU right now

• 36 replies
Re: Lavin on Katz's Korner on ESPNU right now
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:36 PM »
Just heard the interiew. I think it went well. Brandon Sampson doesn't think he is a clown. Chris Mack and John Thompson didn't think he was such an idiot after losing this week.

Nah, they did.   They just think he has a lot of talented seniors. 
Also, SR,  is that really why Jordan missed the Butler game?  That was the long beach game, no?

How did Dom make such a huge leap if Lavin is so horrible at developing players? He went from borderline BE starter to BE Player of the Year caliber in one year. Improvement with Phil, Branch, even Rysheed as well.

We're 20-9 and still all you can talk about with passion is how much our coach sucks.  Not sure a coach as bad as you claim he is could ever have 3 20 win seasons out of five.

He was forced to play Dom this year. He was the highest rated recuit in that SJU class. Did Lavin use him right the last 3 years?

jr49

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 05:37:11 PM »
Whether he's extended or not, doesn't it bother some of you that the entire basketball community knows our coach is a clown?    He's literally a laughing-stock.   The butt of jokes, not someone anyone looks up to for actual advice.   

He seems to have done ok for some of the guys who have played for him. Me, I haven't heard the stuff you just laid out, so no I don't care. Leaving us short players bothered the sht out of me. I admired the way he held this team together, keeping in mind a big part of the credit goes to the players for navigating through tough times. I guess the next time negative feelings might pop up is when I get a look at the team he puts on the floor next year.  I don't know much about this, but heard the school is happy with the way he reps it. Is this true? 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:39:36 PM by jr49 »

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 05:41:50 PM »
Just heard the interiew. I think it went well. Brandon Sampson doesn't think he is a clown. Chris Mack and John Thompson didn't think he was such an idiot after losing this week.

Also, SR,  is that really why Jordan missed the Butler game?  That was the long beach game, no?

I recall the Butler home game was when he went back to Philly following his grandmother's death.  I could be wrong but that is what I recall.

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »

How did Dom make such a huge leap if Lavin is so horrible at developing players? He went from borderline BE starter to BE Player of the Year caliber in one year. Improvement with Phil, Branch, even Rysheed as well.

We're 20-9 and still all you can talk about with passion is how much our coach sucks.  Not sure a coach as bad as you claim he is could ever have 3 20 win seasons out of five.

He was forced to play Dom this year. He was the highest rated recuit in that SJU class. Did Lavin use him right the last 3 years?

I hope you don't think he recruited Dom to be a power forward.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »

I hope you don't think he recruited Dom to be a power forward.

No I didn't say that

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 05:50:40 PM »

Dom has scored 1,000 points for his career. Its not like he hasn't been used the past 3 years. He took a backseat to Harkless and Sampson offensively which makes sense.

Dom's maturity and confidence are the two biggest factors this year. He's playing more minutes without fouling or turning over the basketball more. That really helps. He's still a little wild dribbling the ball but he looks lightyears more comfortable with the ball in his hands.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

desco80

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »

Dom has scored 1,000 points for his career. Its not like he hasn't been used the past 3 years. He took a backseat to Harkless and Sampson offensively which makes sense.

Dom's maturity and confidence are the two biggest factors this year. He's playing more minutes without fouling or turning over the basketball more. That really helps. He's still a little wild dribbling the ball but he looks lightyears more comfortable with the ball in his hands.

Was he used properly his first 3 seasons here?  Playing on the perimeter and bringing the ball up?

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »

This is the conversation that's going today.    I have no problem talking about Marquette.   

Not really. This thread just stated there was an interview with Lavin on TV.

Your response: Our coach is a "clown," "literally a laughing stock," "Not someone anyone looks to for actual advice."

All of those shots after a short, rather harmless interview on ESPN.

desco80

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »

This is the conversation that's going today.    I have no problem talking about Marquette.   

Your response: Our coach is a "clown," "literally a laughing stock," "Not someone anyone looks to for actual advice."

belongs in one of the other threads about coach.   But yes, i am passionate about Lavin.   I truly think we missed a special opportunity because he was the coach this year. 
Could someone else have recruited these kids?  I don't know.
But I do think if someone else was coaching them today, that they could be a Sweet 16 caliber team.     A different coach and a backup pf or center.

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »

belongs in one of the other threads about coach.   But yes, i am passionate about Lavin.   I truly think we missed a special opportunity because he was the coach this year. 
But I do think if someone else was coaching them today, that they could be a Sweet 16 caliber team.     A different coach and a backup pf or center.

Name a coach that can be had who you feel would have them advance to the "Sweet 16?"  The tournament in many ways can be a crap shoot. 

What you're going to say, if they end up advancing to the "Sweet 16?" 

In my eyes, it seems you've made things personal for some reason.  It's almost like Lavin has personally done something to you.  Did he punch you in the gut?  Stole your woman?  Kicked your puppy?  Took a dump on your porch and set it on fire?  Messed up your $250 Cole Haan's while stomping out the dookie fire, huh?  Yeah....  I'd be pissed, too, after mucking up my shoes!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 06:44:59 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:43 PM »

Name a coach that can be had who you feel would have them advance to the "Sweet 16?"  The tournament in many ways can be a crap shoot. 

In my eyes, it seems you've made things personal for some reason.  It's almost like Lavin has personally done something to you.  Did he punch you in the gut?  Stole your woman?  Kicked your puppy?  Took a dump on your porch and set it on fire?  Messed up your $250 Cole Haan's while stomping out the dookie fire, huh?  Yeah....  I'd be pissed, too, after mucking up my shoes!

If we make the sweet 16, he'd say any capable coach would've brought us to the final four!

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »

If we make the sweet 16, he'd say any capable coach would've brought us to the final four!

I have a hunch that would be the reply.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »
Whether he's extended or not, doesn't it bother some of you that the entire basketball community knows our coach is a clown?    He's literally a laughing-stock.   The butt of jokes, not someone anyone looks up to for actual advice.

At one time I used look forward to what you posted, not anymore. The fact that you need to bash coach every chance you can get on this board and redmen.com has gotten really old. You want him gone no matter what, is that because you are hoping your boy down in Florida would get an interview?

hnk

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »
Give him a break.....he walked  out on a ledge and now that team is performing well he is looking for a way to get a locked window open.

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 07:42:54 PM »
Give him a break.....he walked  out on a ledge and now that team is performing well he is looking for a way to get a locked window open.

Is he attempting to open it to get some fresh air and clear his head?  Or, is this a 5th story window, and he wants to jump out?

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
Is this video online anywhere?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

hnk

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 04:14:43 PM »
It should be...it would go viral.