Marquette Game 2

• 169 replies
Re: Marquette Game 2
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
Personally I don't find Big East Board to be insightful or entertaining.  Just a hater.
After last game: The marquette game is a toss up.  After we beat Marquette by 16: They played lousy.  No pleasing some people.

I enjoy watching Saint John's play basketball. I enjoy writing my little spoofs afterwards. Often in my spoofs I give the games a figurative thumb's down because the play has made me unhappy. Then you read the spoofs - and evidently commit them to memory - and afterwards give them a literal thumb's down because they make you unhappy.

The difference seems to be that I'm enjoying what I'm doing and you're doing something that make you unhappy, either that or you're made happy by being negative about something that brings others joy. I freely admitting getting off on other people's misery. What's your excuse?

Keep writing. If you enjoy it great. If others do too even better. If they don't who cares.

I like em.  Even with nary one going by without my favorite player getting lambasted.

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »
Great job by Rysheed. He's be excellent lately...not taking too much.  All of his shots were good shots that I saw tonight...got to step into all of them from deep and nothing off the bounce.  D was good...always good on the boards.  I hope the staff is staying in his ear with positive reinforcement because we are so much tougher to beat when he plays team first ball. 

Dom didn't bring the points and had some wild shots, but he was amazing in all other areas. 

Amar needs to stay closer to his man on D...really just scratching the surface of what he can offer.  When he starts getting regular touches (next season) he'll open some eyes I believe.  He works his arse off on screens...sets screen after screen every possession and is actually a b*tch to get around.

Granted, However, Amar's mistake in guarding is (most of the time) not getting off his feet when trying to block a shot. That's why he keeps getting called for fouls. He could take a page from Obekpa and Pointer on how to block without fouling. They're both poetry in motion and could have been ballet dancers.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:28:07 PM by qcredman »

SJUFAN

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2015, 01:32:34 PM »
Great job by Rysheed. He's be excellent lately...not taking too much.  All of his shots were good shots that I saw tonight...got to step into all of them from deep and nothing off the bounce.  D was good...always good on the boards.  I hope the staff is staying in his ear with positive reinforcement because we are so much tougher to beat when he plays team first ball. 

Dom didn't bring the points and had some wild shots, but he was amazing in all other areas. 

Amar needs to stay closer to his man on D...really just scratching the surface of what he can offer.  When he starts getting regular touches (next season) he'll open some eyes I believe.  He works his arse off on screens...sets screen after screen every possession and is actually a b*tch to get around.

Granted, However, Amar's mistake in guarding is (most of the time) not getting off his feet when trying to block a shot. That's why he keeps getting called for fouls. He could take a page from Obekpa and Pointer on how to block without fouling. They're both poetry in motion and could have been ballet dancers.

One of Amar's problem on defense is he over commits on his rotations instead of playing the gaps. That will come with experience.

Johnny23

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2015, 02:44:13 PM »
I have to admit, the kid's more athletic and active than I ever expected. He runs well and has a good frame to add some muscle to. I think he'll be an underrated, productive 4 year player. Lav should target more Euro bigs, grab a bruiser or two.

hnk

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
Once he gets more comfortable he's going to be a real threat from deep.

Foad

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2015, 02:52:28 PM »
Well, it's not committed to memory; you post them on one continuous stream so when I scrolled down (seeing if there was any more) I saw that line in the previous game post.  I assure you, i don't have the memory nor the motivation to memorize what you write.  However, be happy to know I do read most of your recaps.  That would be the point of you writing them, so good on you.  I enjoy your writing style for the most part, just not the vitriol you spew.

I find it interesting that you seem to know what makes me happy and what makes me unhappy.  Since you asked, my perspective is that I pity people who seem to be unable to find joy in anything, especially a game.  If the recaps are truly a spoof, and not your apparent frustration and anger at the world (now I'm pretending to know something about you), then I guess that pity is misplaced.  That being said, everyone gets off on other people's misery (schadenfreude) to some degree. We're 21-9, and I can only recall one "thumbs up" post after a game - but perhaps my memory is off.

All that psychobabble being said, I can understand the jaded point of view.  After all, we are St. John's.  It would just seem to be more beneficial to enjoy the good moments while they're here, rather than simply focus on everything bad that has happened and will continue to happen.  Differing life philosophies I suppose.

I hesitate for a number of reasons to continue this discussion. On the one hand more threads about me cannot not be a boon but on the other they are here out of place and might anyway chew up bandwidth better used discussing whether Marco Baldi is a true college basketball fan or which posters are Linda or Joe3. So I'll be brief and let the matter drop.

I think I know what makes you unhappy at least in regards my recaps because you've expressed your displeasure at them publicly and repeatedly. In light of that I'd wonder why you read them at all - if they weren't so damned compelling. But it seems to me odd. For example, there are posters on this website who I disdain. I skip their posts and if I don't I don't engage them in discourse. Because life's too short to spend it arguing with nimrods. I certainly wouldn't read their blogs. That was my point. Either you are reading something that makes you unhappy - which unhappiness you express by voting down simple links to a webpage - or you're taking pleasure by publicly denigrating the efforts of someone you "pity." Which probably is even worse. It's kind of akin to spell checking "Will work four food" signs. I would assume a pitiable person was an object of compassion, not approbation. Unless you're an objectivist obviously, then all bets would be off.

I find it hard to believe that you can read my little monkeyshines and take away from them "anger and frustration at the world." I find them hilarious and myself to be a riot most of the time. Sure, I mostly hate everyone and everything but not all the time. Like little puppies, I don't hate them. And tits, I like those. And then for great swaths of time I'm busy being drunk. So really spewing vitriol is just a small part of my day. If pressed I'd cop to being disgusted by humanity most of the time and aiming to maintain an attitude of indifference toward it the rest. Of course this schadenfreude weltanschauung, it's not for everyone. That's why I don't post my essays here, lest delicate flowers have to take to the divan with the vapors - unless they choose to. Which is me being compassionate. So I'm not all bad, see?

jr49

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »
If they don't play all out to win Saturday the players will and should revolt. These guys have fought to hard to quit . This is not a throw away game.
There is no quit as long as the guys on the floor bust hump. Guys who are really banged up can still be catered to. If Dlo needs a 20 min game, and CO 15 thats the way to go. The guys who pick up those minutes should play as harder then ever. I'm guessing Branch a no go. Tight game 4 to go would be coach's call.

cjfish

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
Personally I don't find Big East Board to be insightful or entertaining.  Just a hater.
After last game: The marquette game is a toss up.  After we beat Marquette by 16: They played lousy.  No pleasing some people.

I enjoy watching Saint John's play basketball. I enjoy writing my little spoofs afterwards. Often in my spoofs I give the games a figurative thumb's down because the play has made me unhappy. Then you read the spoofs - and evidently commit them to memory - and afterwards give them a literal thumb's down because they make you unhappy.

The difference seems to be that I'm enjoying what I'm doing and you're doing something that make you unhappy, either that or you're made happy by being negative about something that brings others joy. I freely admitting getting off on other people's misery. What's your excuse?

I enjoy your little essays.  Keep  it up.  Ignore those with no sense of humor who don't appreciate your writing and point of view.  By the way, you are usually right on point

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2015, 03:58:43 PM »
If they don't play all out to win Saturday the players will and should revolt. These guys have fought to hard to quit . This is not a throw away game.
There is no quit as long as the guys on the floor bust hump. Guys who are really banged up can still be catered to. If Dlo needs a 20 min game, and CO 15 thats the way to go. The guys who pick up those minutes should play as harder then ever. I'm guessing Branch a no go. Tight game 4 to go would be coach's call.

No need to rush Branch back.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
No need to rush branch back. Harrison plays 35 hoping he scores 30. No UCONN starting to hate NOVA.