Marquette Game (A) - Player of the Game

• 9 replies

desco80

Marquette Game (A) - Player of the Game
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:23:28 PM »
Very nice, efficient game by Jordan.
If he keeps shooting like this he's going to start showing up on draft boards soon.
And he has clearly been working on that area of his game, so kudos to him.

Tha Kid

Re: Marquette Game (A) - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 11:25:56 PM »
Gotta give it to Sheed as he brought it in both halves. 

Great to see DLo getting into a rhythm there and Dom was a beast again, just not quite as much on offense as he has been the last few games. 

This locks up a bid (and I think keeps us from a play in game too). Now we are playing for seeding.
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:26:56 PM »
Otis, Otis, Otis, Otis!!!!!!

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:27:23 PM »
Jordan was great. Voted for Harrison . Happy that he is back . If he is hurt he should be guarding their worst player . He guarded carlino most of the game.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:21 AM »
Desco thanks for taking the time to do these polls after every game.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »
It's Savior or 3'lo.

The Dynamic duo (Dom and Hexagon) that's been carrying the offensive load of late had an off night together as they combined for only 9 of 29 from the field and 0 for 2 from the stripe. Phil somewhat salvaged his day offensively by shooting a stellar 3 of 7 from three.  Both still managed to contribute to the win by doing yeomans work on the boards, finishing 1st and 2nd on the team and combining for 21 of our 42 rebound total.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 01:57:03 AM »
Very nice, efficient game by Jordan.
If he keeps shooting like this he's going to start showing up on draft boards soon.
And he has clearly been working on that area of his game, so kudos to him.

That's not what he needs IMO to show up on draft boards. As well as he shot he still doesn't run the offense like a point guard. We played well tonight, and one of the biggest improvements of late is that everyone is moving the ball faster, and it's working. You really couldn't tell who the
point guard was tonight. They all played a role.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:54:36 PM by Poison »

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
Gotta be Jordan. He set the tempo for the entire evening by hitting some big 3's early in the game. Like I said before, he's definitely not a pg and his handle is suspect at best. Yet on this team, he's playing his role well which is sticking it from outside and driving to the hoop.

jr49

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »
It's Savior or 3'lo.

The Dynamic duo (Dom and Hexagon) that's been carrying the offensive load of late had an off night together as they combined for only 9 of 29 from the field and 0 for 2 from the stripe. Phil somewhat salvaged his day offensively by shooting a stellar 3 of 7 from three.  Both still managed to contribute to the win by doing yeomans work on the boards, finishing 1st and 2nd on the team and combining for 21 of our 42 rebound total.
Doms line included 10 pts-13 boards-7 assists-3 steals -2 blocks. I think it was asked who the pt. guard was. We lost out on a rebounding pt guard to UCLA.  I wonder how that kid is doing. Dom clears the boards and dribbles the length of the floor without catching the grief he used to. Funny, 3 assists short of triple-triple and not in the running for player of the game. We really do think the man wares a cape. 

desco80

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
Desco thanks for taking the time to do these polls after every game.

my pleasure.  Carmine has done it a few times too, when I've been asleep at the wheel.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:32:42 PM by desco80 »