Big East Tournament bracket (March 4th)

• 17 replies
Big East Tournament bracket (March 4th)
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:13:42 AM »
Updated bracket. Only 5 games on Saturday remain.

Movement since Sunday:
Providence +1
Georgetown +1
DePaul +1

Seton Hall -1
Butler -2

Re: Big East Tournament bracket (March 4th)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
Give me Butler
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:46:39 AM »
Give me Butler

Would love that.  Rest Branch @ Nova....we'll take Butler at MSG with a healthy Branch and a re-focused Jordan. 

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 01:18:25 AM »
Would be tough to see Butler sweep St Johns in a 3 game series, I like my chances with them even if they get their big man back. There will be rust with not just that player but with the team trying to bring him back in.

Same would go with St Johns sweeping Providence in a 3 game set. I know it is easy to motivate these guys vs Providence since the Friars ended our season around this time last year but to 3 game sweep that Friars team would be so difficult. Maybe if the two meet in the BET finale, St Johns will be motivated to win that title one last time.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:19:35 AM by Blindsided »

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:51:03 AM »
The #8 vs #9 seed plays at 700 pm on Wednesday than the winner gets Villanova at 1200 pm on Thursday.  That's just wrong.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:57 AM »
The #8 vs #9 seed plays at 700 pm on Wednesday than the winner gets Villanova at 1200 pm on Thursday.  That's just wrong.

Expecting people to actually bother going to see Creighton play Seton Hall is wrong. I don't think those teams could win the MAAC tournament. These 2:30 games are a killer. When it's March Madness, everyone knows you're watching basketball. But next week it's going to tough to get away in the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:15:32 AM »
Would be tough to see Butler sweep St Johns in a 3 game series, I like my chances with them even if they get their big man back. There will be rust with not just that player but with the team trying to bring him back in.

Same would go with St Johns sweeping Providence in a 3 game set. I know it is easy to motivate these guys vs Providence since the Friars ended our season around this time last year but to 3 game sweep that Friars team would be so difficult. Maybe if the two meet in the BET finale, St Johns will be motivated to win that title one last time.

Travis played 2 nights ago for Butler vs. Georgetown. He played well and more minutes than expected.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »

Expecting people to actually bother going to see Creighton play Seton Hall is wrong. I don't think those teams could win the MAAC tournament. These 2:30 games are a killer. When it's March Madness, everyone knows you're watching basketball. But next week it's going to tough to get away in the middle of the day on a Wednesday.

You've got to train your bosses/clients/co-workers better.  When I was gainfully employed,  everybody knew not to expect me to be around if SJU had a day tournament game.  They would never dare question it.

LoganK

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »

You've got to train your bosses/clients/co-workers better.  When I was gainfully employed,  everybody knew not to expect me to be around if SJU had a day tournament game.  They would never dare question it.

I've already told my jobs I might be taking off a few consecutive Thursday-Sundays....priorities.

redslope

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »
Not if you are Nova--this is what they get, and deserve, for winning the regular season

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
Not if you are Nova--this is what they get, and deserve, for winning the regular season

It's only a 14 hour turnaround till you have to be on the court again.  It's more than they deserve for a crappy season.  Unfair.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »
If we face Butler in that first game and GT faces Xavier, our chances couldn't get any better.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 03:02:15 PM »

It's only a 14 hour turnaround till you have to be on the court again.  It's more than they deserve for a crappy season.  Unfair.

It is that way so that, if the #1 seed wins (which didn't happen last year), they will have 2 and a half more hours of rest, then there next day opponent.  Coaches value that, so it's seen as a slap to the #1 team, if they become the late afternoon game.

desco80

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »
For selfish purposes, I'd like to end up in that #3 v. #6 game.  So i can make it to the game after work.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
For selfish purposes, I'd like to end up in that #3 v. #6 game.  So i can make it to the game after work.

100% with you there, just need gtown and pc to lose and sju to win...

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Would love to be 3 seed.  Not happening.

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
Would be surprised Poison if Creighton doesn't have a good contingent there. Very good fans and very loyal. Trip to NY is like a vacation. Not as many as last year of course but think they will have some. No idea if Hall fans will show; after last year I would think so. And by the way both of those teams could EASILY win the MAAC this year.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 06:50:21 PM »
Would be surprised Poison if Creighton doesn't have a good contingent there. Very good fans and very loyal. Trip to NY is like a vacation. Not as many as last year of course but think they will have some. No idea if Hall fans will show; after last year I would think so. And by the way both of those teams could EASILY win the MAAC this year.

You might be right. Hall fans aren't much different than St.John's in their loyalty. We jump on the bandwagon when the team in good. We've been better than them over the last 20 years, but it's basically the same story.