What could happen...

• 373 replies
Re: What could happen...
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »
Was it about the  :)$$

That's the way they want it portrayed. But who cares, it's done
Who is the  they?

Both parties.

I would guess( I can't say "heard", too many feelings get hurt), that he got low balled to a point that he made a scene
Going back as far as 1940s only Louie after Big East and Jarvis were paid the going rate prior to Lavin.

desco80

« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »
done

Roger Rubin @RogRubin
Steve Lavin will be replaced as St. John’s basketball coach, the school announced.

Okay....  Now, that's out of the way.  They need to bring in someone who may be able to keep the commitments and possibly, retain Jordan and Obekpa.  Don't drag their feet, either. 
Hear you Dink. Don't think they will. We'll see.
Good luck to Lavin.
Paultz
Don't think they'll drag their feet?   Or don't think they'll get someone who can keep some of the commitments?

« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
this doesn't sound promising:

“A national search is underway for a candidate who possesses the characteristics to give our program an opportunity to successfully compete at the national level,” Monasch said. “We will be aggressive in our search for a coach who has a track record of success, understands all the requirements of running a high major basketball program in New York City, including the media demands within this market. We are seeking someone who embraces the St. John’s mission and tradition, including the ability to attract the top talent both nationally and internationally.”

« Reply #343 on: March 27, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

“A national search is underway for a candidate who possesses the characteristics to give our program an opportunity to successfully compete at the national level,” Monasch said. “We will be aggressive in our search for a coach who has a track record of success, understands all the requirements of running a high major basketball program in New York City, including the media demands within this market. We are seeking someone who embraces the St. John’s mission and tradition, including the ability to attract the top talent both nationally and internationally.”

Ugh...

« Reply #344 on: March 27, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »

Lavin says, "Hey, they're describing what I did!"

Wods317

« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2015, 03:00:55 PM »

What is bad about this statement?

paultzman

« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2015, 03:01:21 PM »
done

Roger Rubin @RogRubin
Steve Lavin will be replaced as St. John’s basketball coach, the school announced.

Okay....  Now, that's out of the way.  They need to bring in someone who may be able to keep the commitments and possibly, retain Jordan and Obekpa.  Don't drag their feet, either. 
Good luck to Lavin.
Paultz
Don't think they'll drag their feet?   Or don't think they'll get someone who can keep some of the commitments?
Don't think they drag feet. Always tough to keep recruits of substance. For someone like Sampson, I am sure he and his mom will be upset because they apparently were very fond of SL.  That said, sometimes the new coach salvages things, but certainly not an easy task when the kid is in high demand. I do feel for a nice kid like Sampson & his family. Let's hope when the dust settles he gives us a chance.

« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2015, 03:03:20 PM »
done

Roger Rubin @RogRubin

Good luck to Lavin.
Paultz
Don't think they drag feet. Always tough to keep recruits of substance. For someone like Sampson, I am sure he and his mom will be upset because they apparently were very fond of SL.  That said, sometimes the new coach salvages things, but certainly not an easy task when the kid is in high demand. I do feel for a nice kid like Sampson & his family. Let's hope when the dust settles he gives us a chance.

I feel if they bring in someone who many folks feel or believe is competent, then they can keep a kid like Sampson.  It won't be easy, as you stated, but it can be done.

Foad

« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »
Never

I'm going to let that pass seeing as how you must be heartbroken. Next time though you're getting a thumb's down.

hnk

« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:01 PM »
Never

Foad

« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2015, 03:13:10 PM »
jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
St. John's and Steve Lavin have mutually agreed to part ways, per the school.

Mutually, yeah. If SJU decided to fire him could he refuse to leave? The Lavin of the Opera, hiding in the rafters at CA dropping klieg lights on the recruits during Midnight Madness.

SJUFAN

« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »

It tells you they had no one else in mind. The reality is, they were trying to negotiate a deal with Lavin, they were not entertaining other candidates. They couldn't work out a deal so now the search is on.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:23:53 PM by SJUFAN »

dR3w

« Reply #352 on: March 27, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »
Brandon Sampson reopening his recruitment per his HS coach.

« Reply #353 on: March 27, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »
"Winter is coming!"

redslope

« Reply #354 on: March 27, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »

It was given by Monasch--his a$$ should also be out the door.  Come on Bobby, clean house: Monasch screwed up relationship with Keegan Bradley and the golf team and the soccer team has gone to hell in a handbasket.

Tha Kid

« Reply #355 on: March 27, 2015, 05:09:19 PM »
"Winter is coming!"

I'd be pretty happy if we had our coach prior to the Game of Thrones opener.  And the sad thing is I am not sure we will (just based on historical timelines).
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #356 on: March 27, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »
jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
St. John's and Steve Lavin have mutually agreed to part ways, per the school.

Mutually, yeah. If SJU decided to fire him could he refuse to leave? The Lavin of the Opera, hiding in the rafters at CA dropping klieg lights on the recruits during Midnight Madness.
Very creative  :2funny:

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #357 on: March 27, 2015, 05:43:13 PM »
Is the AD the next person to go?
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #358 on: March 27, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »

« Reply #359 on: March 27, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
Everything I said in post 1 still holds true.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle