Scholarships for next? I don't understand

• 14 replies

TONYD3

Scholarships for next? I don't understand
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »
4 seniors graduate- 4
Keith thomas-  plus 1?
5 for next year?
Is Joey Delerosa a walk-on? Can he come back next year?
Myles and Jay Henderson- Are they both getting scholarships?
We have 3 commited? Those 3 plus hendereson and Stewart.
If CO and Jordan come back do we have any more scholarships?

Poison

Re: Scholarships for next? I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:25:20 PM »
4 seniors graduate- 4
Keith thomas-  plus 1?
5 for next year?
Is Joey Delerosa a walk-on? Can he come back next year?
Myles and Jay Henderson- Are they both getting scholarships?
We have 3 commited? Those 3 plus hendereson and Stewart.
If CO and Jordan come back do we have any more scholarships?

It seems like really poor scholarship distribution to bring in 3 shooting guards, and return 3 shooting guards. We have no point guard, no small forward, no power forward and no center.

If Jordan and CO return, I think Lavin will have to tell one of Stewart and Henderson that they should look to play elsewhere. Also, I have no knowledge of his situation, but it would not surprise me in the least to see Christian Jones just stop playing ball altogether.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:31:21 PM »
Stewart and Henderson are walk-ons, doubt they'd expect a scholarship if they have enough players.

Also Ndiaye was on scholorship this year.

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:42:38 PM »
Also gotta believe there will be at least one transfer (Jones?)?

jr49

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:14:03 AM »
walk on' s expect a ride? All quality bigs  must be sought despretly. Then you do what ya gatta do.laving been tossing rides around like they are garbage.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:15:53 AM by jr49 »

sju89tr

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »
Assuming NO ONE transfers and Obekpa and Jordan come back
I cannot see how JDR has any eligibility left plus he is listed as a Senior on the roster

Obekpa Senior
Balamou Senior
Jones Senior 
Jordan Junior
Albogevic Sophmore
ADR RS Freshman
Sampson Freshman
Doughty Freshman
Barnes Thompkins Freshman

I personally think Stewart will get a ship and perhaps Henderson could get one the year after. I don't see though that Henderson will ever get any burn at SJU.

Right now you have 3-4 ships left and I assume it could be as many as 7 if Jones Sheed and Obekpa do not return

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »
Thanks for the responses sincerely. But no one knows for sure. That is crazy.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »
walk on' s expect a ride? All quality bigs  must be sought despretly. Then you do what ya gatta do.laving been tossing rides around like they are garbage.

He's gotten next to nothing out of Balamou and Jones. At least Bakamou cares.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »
I cannot see how JDR has any eligibility left plus he is listed as a Senior on the roster

Obekpa Senior
Balamou Senior
Jones Senior 
Jordan Junior
Albogevic Sophmore
ADR RS Freshman
Sampson Freshman
Doughty Freshman

I personally think Stewart will get a ship and perhaps Henderson could get one the year after. I don't see though that Henderson will ever get any burn at SJU.

Right now you have 3-4 ships left and I assume it could be as many as 7 if Jones Sheed and Obekpa do not return

Jones will be a RS Junior next year.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »

Obekpa Senior
Balamou Senior
Jones Senior 
Jordan Junior
Albogevic Sophmore
ADR RS Freshman
Sampson Freshman
Doughty Freshman

Why, is possible that he can become better by a redshirt year? Why not let him move on? Has he struggled so much because of the way the staff treated him?
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:17 AM »

Obekpa Senior
Balamou Senior
Jones Senior 
Jordan Junior
Albogevic Sophmore
ADR RS Freshman
Sampson Freshman
Doughty Freshman

Why, is possible that he can become better by a redshirt year? Why not let him move on? Has he struggled so much because of the way the staff treated him?

He already redshirted a year and got worse.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »

Obekpa Senior
Balamou Senior
Jones Senior 
Jordan Junior
Albogevic Sophmore
ADR RS Freshman
Sampson Freshman
Doughty Freshman

I think the staff has been great to him. If he worked hard in the classroom and on the court, he'd not only be in a position to have a masters degree, but he might actually be good enough to earn minutes on the court. As it stand now, I would have played the walk on big. At least kid is trying during warm up, and that's about as much effort as we've seen from Jones.

sju89tr

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »

Obekpa Senior
Balamou Senior
Jones Senior 
Jordan Junior
Albogevic Sophmore
ADR RS Freshman
Sampson Freshman
Doughty Freshman

He already redshirted a year and got worse.

I have no idea why Jones and Lipscombe redshirted. I never heard of a walkon pubically doing a redshirt unless it was for him to graduate on time and then transfer for his post grad year so he could play somewhere before he hangs up his UA shoes

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »
I play pick up with younger guys who are much better. I suck. But you don't have to be good to box out, set screens, rotate on defense. Christian jones is a fine athlete who can't even do those things.

sju89tr

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 12:17:07 PM »
I play pick up with younger guys who are much better. I suck. But you don't have to be good to box out, set screens, rotate on defense. Christian jones is a fine athlete who can't even do those things.

He just has the personality that seems to show that he doesn't want it bad enough because he honestly has the ability and body to be a gig time contributor