Next steps

• 244 replies

Marillac

Re: Next steps
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »
I'm doing an about face too, to some extent, because I'm hearing that Mullin is likely to take the job if offered.  I was dreading a Bobby Hurley or Massielo type of hire.  I am skeptical, but would be at least a bit hopeful, if it was Danny Hurley---who has actually won on a consistent basis---instead of his brother, who hasn't proven anything yet.

Btw, if Mullin comes, Terrence might be on the bench with him.

I have no inside info or anything, but I'd bet that Terrence is one of Chris' assistants if Chris comes on board. 

Maybe Chris Mullin Jr. transfers in to be a walkon too.  I obviously wouldn't expect any contribution during meaningful games, but it would still be kind of cool to continue the legacy.  Last I heard he wen tot Loyala Marymount, but I don't know if he played this year.

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »
This should move along pretty quickly. Could have a new coach announced sometime early next week. I expect it to be the all time leading scorer.

In my humble opinion, that would be a major fail.

If things go down how I think they will then St. John's will be very talented next season.

Im confused. You were in the extend Lavin camp for stability reasons this whole time but you seem awfully optimistic about the direction of the program just hours after it was announced Lavin is out. Hmm....

Dave is just reporting what he is hearing. Doesn't mean he' has changed his tune.  But I too would like some clarity on what the heck Dave is talking about.

For him to now say that St. John's will be very talented next year and to tweet "St. John’s will be in a very good situation next season. Will reload in a NY minute. #sjubb" sure sounds like he changed his tune to me. I don't expect him to elaborate though

are you surprised?  so many vague posts that can mean almost anything

It definitely means what it says. I don't think I've been vague.

I've laid out possible scenarios for everything regarding coaching situation and scooped the news of announcement. It's no coincidence that at some point mainstream media has started to say same things about coaching candidates today than what was posted here days ago. Additionally being right today could mean you're wrong tomorrow. That is the business of sports.

I can care less about reporting news anymore. Not the business I'm in and I'm simply just trying to share information with community here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 09:47:46 PM »
This should move along pretty quickly. Could have a new coach announced sometime early next week. I expect it to be the all time leading scorer.

If things go down how I think they will then St. John's will be very talented next season.

Im confused. You were in the extend Lavin camp for stability reasons this whole time but you seem awfully optimistic about the direction of the program just hours after it was announced Lavin is out. Hmm....

Dave is just reporting what he is hearing. Doesn't mean he' has changed his tune.  But I too would like some clarity on what the heck Dave is talking about.

For him to now say that St. John's will be very talented next year and to tweet "St. John’s will be in a very good situation next season. Will reload in a NY minute. #sjubb" sure sounds like he changed his tune to me. I don't expect him to elaborate though

I've laid out possible scenarios for everything regarding coaching situation and scooped the news of announcement. It's no coincidence that at some point mainstream media has started to say same things about coaching candidates today than what was posted here days ago. Additionally being right today could mean you're wrong tomorrow. That is the business of sports.

I can care less about reporting news anymore. Not the business I'm in and I'm simply just trying to share information with community here.

We appreciate any info, Dave, but you are certainly being vague.  Not a single person has a clue what you are trying to say.  Can you break it down better?  I am interested in why you think we'll be good next year.  I'm looking for reasons to be optimistic.

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »
5-star center Stone just popped for Maryland, so maybe the Greek kid is ours to lose depending on HC?

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 09:58:35 PM »
5-star center Stone just popped for Maryland, so maybe the Greek kid is ours to lose depending on HC?
maryland doing damage recruiting

Wods317

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2015, 10:03:49 PM »

Appreciate the info Dave keep it coming. I think you were pretty clear in that you think it will be Mullin here.

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2015, 10:05:36 PM »
maryland doing damage recruiting

Just remember a year ago Maryland fans wanted to run Turgeon out of town.  3 straight non-NCAA years, best player Len declares for the NBA and I think they had 5 players TRANSFER out including key contributors.  Remember his key DMV recruiter Dalonte Hill resigned after a DUI in 2013.  From a certain perspective you could argue that he had created a mess at Maryland.  A year later he finishes 2nd in the Big 10 and away they go.

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »

[/quote]

why are you speaking in such generalities...what does "if things go down how I think they will" mean...

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 10:39:47 PM »
Bleacher Report @BleacherReport
.@MettaWorldPeace expresses interest in St. John’s head coaching vacancy ble.ac/196Cfz1 pic.twitter.com/fBUR8u2xld

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
.@MettaWorldPeace expresses interest in St. John’s head coaching vacancy ble.ac/196Cfz1 pic.twitter.com/fBUR8u2xld

He have his degree?

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »

Appreciate the info Dave keep it coming. I think you were pretty clear in that you think it will be Mullin here.

What gave it away? The fact that I said it? lol

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 10:48:20 PM »

He have his degree?
boxing degree

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 10:49:39 PM »

why are you speaking in such generalities...what does "if things go down how I think they will" mean...

If you read my previous posts it makes more sense. I don't need to keep repeating myself.

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 10:54:29 PM »
To clarify what Dave described is possible but I think all the domino would literally have to fall in order for that entire scenario to play out.

But even part of that scenario would be good and not unreasonable.

Marillac

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 10:57:34 PM »

What gave it away? The fact that I said it? lol

I think we all got the part where you think Mullin will be coach.  It was the other part--us being really good next year--that was cryptic.  Really good on the court? On the sidelines? Both? 
I think I've pieced it together with the help of others. 

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
  Daves got the piece to the puzzle

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 11:05:26 PM »
ultimate situation, where chips fall perfectly
1) mullin coach
2) slice comes to recruit
3) Cal to NBA, ---> Briscoe here
4) diamond stone popped for UoM , Papa here
5) Diallo here
6)rerecruit sampson
7) CO stays with jordan

some of those even make us competitive next season

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:27 PM »
To clarify what Dave described is possible but I think all the domino would literally have to fall in order for that entire scenario to play out.

But even part of that scenario would be good and not unreasonable.
Dominos usually fall in order, so we're in good shape.

goredmen

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 11:09:57 PM »
ultimate situation, where chips fall perfectly
1) mullin coach
2) slice comes to recruit
3) Cal to NBA, ---> Briscoe here
4) diamond stone popped for UoM , Papa here
5) Diallo here
6)rerecruit sampson
7) CO stays with jordan

some of those even make us competitive next season