1) mullin coach
2) slice comes to recruit
3) Cal to NBA, ---> Briscoe here
4) diamond stone popped for UoM , Papa here
5) Diallo here
6)rerecruit sampson
7) CO stays with jordan

some of those even make us competitive next season

LOL exactly what I was thinking...but in my version Briscoe and Slice bring another UK commit--you know they will all be up for grabs when Cal leaves. 

Cal is not leaving.

Heard calhoun on the radio Friday, he said John C definately goes back the NBA at some point, it's just a matter of the right situation coming up.

If they go undefeated this year then he really has nothing left to accomplish at the college level and might jump to the NBA immediately. Then Shaka gets the UK job and dominos fall across the country

If Shaka gets the UK job won't be too many dominos as then you replace VCU and then prob a lower mid major (unless an assistant takes the job - Capel again perhaps? And then no more dominos)

Now if jay wright or another coach from a big conference goes to Kentucky, could be tons of dominos.

Yeah good point. If Cal goes to the NBA the biggest dominos will be in recruiting rather than the coaching carousel

Re: Next steps
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »
Hearing that there maybe some "snags" in the Mullin to SJU scenario.

Not sure if serious or not.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2015, 03:03:12 PM »
Hearing that there maybe some "snags" in the Mullin to SJU scenario.

Not sure if serious or not.

Makes sense, a lot if transition in a very short period of time. Plus going from an being an administrator in the pros to a college coach, while getting ready for the draft can add some complexity.
Cougar O' Malley

jr49

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »
Bleacher Report @BleacherReport
.@MettaWorldPeace expresses interest in St. John’s head coaching vacancy ble.ac/196Cfz1 pic.twitter.com/fBUR8u2xld
Ron Ron and CO sucker punching each other at practice, in the lockers, and during the huddle up. What could be more fun? Ron did get a lot out of his own talent.

boo3

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »
Zags tweet.

@AdamZagoria: St. John's G Rysheed Jordan is in a holding pattern, waiting on new coach & what Chris Obekpa does before making next move, per source

TONYD3

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »
Don't understand the holdup with Mullin. Either he wants it or he doesn't. If he is interested I am sure he has spent plenty of time thinking about it. If he is not interested I am sure he knows that also.

boo3

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2015, 03:29:51 PM »
Lol.   It's been 24 hours.  You ever decide to change jobs, move family across the country , and embark on something you've never done , all withinh 24 hours? 

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 03:33:08 PM »
Lol.   It's been 24 hours.  You ever decide to change jobs, move family across the country , and embark on something you've never done , all withinh 24 hours? 
He had to be considering this possibility for a long time now. Come on now, as one poster is want to say.

SJU79

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2015, 03:34:45 PM »
This will play out within 48 hours.  Mullin's job if he wants it. He's deciding. If not its D Hurley. He will take it. Negations will be easy for both. There is no 3rd option

Comet

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »
Coaching Changes
‏@CoachingChanges
Look for Chris Mullin to be named coach of St John's early this week
#StJohns

« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:47 PM »
I want Danny Hurley, but I can get behind Mullin. Other than that Bobby Hurley is okay and then it's a bunch of ewww.

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »
This will play out within 48 hours.  Mullin's job if he wants it. He's deciding. If not its D Hurley. He will take it. Negations will be easy for both. There is no 3rd option
3rd option- I'd go with Bobby.  Bobby would be my second choice, but that's neither here nor there right now.  While more green, I think Bobby will be just as successful, if not more, than Danny.

TONYD3

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2015, 06:21:39 PM »
Every coach is a risk. The more I think of it, Mullin would be pretty cool. I was just reading Redmen. Many of the posters have Mullin in their Avatars. It would be nice to read the message boards without non stop talk of how the coach sucks every day. Also why hire a Duke hero when we could get our own.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »
Every coach is a risk. The more I think of it, Mullin would be pretty cool. I was just reading Redmen. Many of the posters have Mullin in their Avatars. It would be nice to read the message boards without non stop talk of how the coach sucks every day. Also why hire a Duke hero when we could get our own.

But he has no coaching experience anywhere.

Sean Miller started at Pitt. He's coaching Xavier tonight. Why do we care where Bobby or Danny went to college? Why is that relevant? If you're worried that Bobby Hurley would leave for Duke, we should be so lucky.

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
I'm all in for Danny Hurley. Seems passionate, hard working, smart, good coach, with a good name and a track record. He's the type of coach we need right now.

I'd be okay with Mullin and a good staff, but would much prefer D Hurley.

TONYD3

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »

Sean Miller started at Pitt. He's coaching Xavier tonight. Why do we care where Bobby or Danny went to college? Why is that relevant? If you're worried that Bobby Hurley would leave for Duke, we should be so lucky.
Bobby Hurley has 2 good years at Buffalo, He only got that job because he starred at Duke. The Kid made good points earlier in the week about Hurley's positives. He does have plenty. But he is still inexperienced and would not be considered if he wasn't the player he was at Duke and st. Anthonys

« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »

This might be the best thing about a St. John's legend being coach. Bashing him the way Lavin was bashed on these boards would be a ban-able offense.

desco80

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
I don't think it will be Mas, but as time goes on I'm beginning to hope it is. 
I think he has the acumen to succeed and the fire to do so as well. 

I'll be perfectly happy with Mullin or Danny H, but after a couple of conversations I'm beginning to think Masiello is the best option. 

Let me qualify that, if what dave is saying about recruits is true then Mullin will be off to a great start.  So I won't be complaining.

But long term.  Mas is the best of several good options.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:06:17 PM by desco80 »

TONYD3

« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2015, 07:36:25 PM »
Mas may be the best long term. But I think he would be the worst short term and that includes Lavin.

Poison

« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »

Bobby Hurley has 2 good years at Buffalo, He only got that job because he starred at Duke. The Kid made good points earlier in the week about Hurley's positives. He does have plenty. But he is still inexperienced and would not be considered if he wasn't the player he was at Duke and st. Anthonys

That all may be true. I'm sure his name helped him land the job, but he's always been a very savvy player. In many ways, he's like Mullin as a player. They didn't have all world athleticism, but they had a tremendous feel and bball IQ. He comes trained first by his father, second by Coach K, and last by his brother, who's done well at two schools.

Lou never landed him, and he tried. I'd be thrilled with him as the next coach.