Next steps

• 244 replies

desco80

Re: Next steps
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2015, 08:01:57 PM »
Mas may be the best long term. But I think he would be the worst short term and that includes Lavin.

I know Mas can coach, he will work as hard or harder than any other coach, and if he came to SJU the faucet would be turned on again and he would be able to recruit very well.   

« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2015, 08:04:54 PM »
2 horse race

paultzman

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2015, 08:25:06 PM »

desco80

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 08:28:05 PM »
2 horse race

Absolutely.  I want Mas but it's all about Mullin and Hurley.

bk8664

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
2 horse race

I'm cool with either. I have cautious optimism about the future.

« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2015, 08:38:47 PM »
I don't think it will be Mas, but as time goes on I'm beginning to hope it is. 
I think he has the acumen to succeed and the fire to do so as well. 

I'll be perfectly happy with Mullin or Danny H, but after a couple of conversations I'm beginning to think Masiello is the best option. 

Let me qualify that, if what dave is saying about recruits is true then Mullin will be off to a great start.  So I won't be complaining.

But long term.  Mas is the best of several good options.
Are there any Manhattan insiders on here that know if he's getting an interview? I assume he'll get a chance.

redslope

« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2015, 09:46:27 PM »
Mas may be the best long term. But I think he would be the worst short term and that includes Lavin.

SJU his dream job--just the same thing FF said and he was shopping himself by the end of year 2.  Mas is not the answer; his non conference and reg season records should be looked at.  Danny, while not my choice, is heads above him in coaching experience.

Bottom line is get a HC ASAP as we need to get into the recruiting arena NOW or next year will be a disaster.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:48:50 PM by redslope »

redslope

« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2015, 09:49:37 PM »

SJU his dream job--just the same thing FF said and he was shopping himself by the end of year 2.  Mas is not the answer; his non conference and reg season records should be looked at.  Danny, while not my choice, is heads above him in coaching experience.  Buy cheap and we will get what we pay for.

Bottom line is get a HC ASAP as we need to get into the recruiting arena NOW or next year will be a disaster.

desco80

« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
Since when is it a knock on a guy that he is looking for his best oppertunity?
Should Jay Wright have stayed at Hofstra?  Bill Self at Tulsa?

It would be insane if a coach at Manhattan knew that his predecessors got oppertunities to double their salaries and move to a bigger league, and he didn't look for those same oppertunities for himself. 

redslope

« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2015, 10:57:40 PM »

It would be insane if a coach at Manhattan knew that his predecessors got oppertunities to double their salaries and move to a bigger league, and he didn't look for those same oppertunities for himself. 

Jay didn't leave Nova after 2 years--Mas is looking for a revolving door==got to NCAA's last year and then walked on MC.  But if he is hired he is the cheapest available coach and that is not what I want.

Poison

« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2015, 11:08:55 PM »

Jay didn't leave Nova after 2 years--Mas is looking for a revolving door==got to NCAA's last year and then walked on MC.  But if he is hired he is the cheapest available coach and that is not what I want.

I don't know if Mass is looking for a revolving door, but he is looking for a new job. Nothing wrong with that. Unless he does it to us. In that case, he can go F himself.

desco80

« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2015, 11:09:37 PM »

They're not going to hire him, so it's a mute point.
But why does it matter if he's the cheapest option?

Poison

« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2015, 11:13:01 PM »

I'll be perfectly happy with Mullin or Danny H, but after a couple of conversations I'm beginning to think Masiello is the best option. 

Let me qualify that, if what dave is saying about recruits is true then Mullin will be off to a great start.  So I won't be complaining.

Are there any Manhattan insiders on here that know if he's getting an interview? I assume he'll get a chance.

Manhattan College has insiders?

Poison

« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2015, 11:17:36 PM »

SJU his dream job--just the same thing FF said and he was shopping himself by the end of year 2.  Mas is not the answer; his non conference and reg season records should be looked at.  Danny, while not my choice, is heads above him in coaching experience.

We never really got a straight story on why Fran was fired. I've always believed that Harrington saw the success he was having, and didn't want the program to get too much attention, so he leaked some ridiculous BS complaint about Fran pulling his pants down to show Felipe and Zendon what ball looked like because apparently they didn't know what they were.

Actually, I think both Felipe and Z knew what balls were because they knew who Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Kerry Kittles and John Wallace were.

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2015, 12:56:08 AM »

Manhattan College has insiders?
it's what happens when you beat Iona over and over -ha ha ha

Marillac

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2015, 01:03:03 AM »
2 horse race

I'm cool with either. I have cautious optimism about the future.

You should.  Worst case scenario we end up with Mas or Cluess--both of whom could be very, very good.

How the hell did the committee go with Norm after that record? They almost killed this program. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:03:34 AM by Marillac »

Wods317

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2015, 09:29:09 AM »
Anything to the pitino angle? Feels like someone making a story to grab some headlines
http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/college/rubin-st-john-eye-louisville-coach-rick-pitino-article-1.2165956

« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2015, 09:30:30 AM »
Dan Hurley and he will bring top local assistant with him
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:32:48 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:04 AM »
Anything to the pitino angle? Feels like someone making a story to grab some headlines
http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/college/rubin-st-john-eye-louisville-coach-rick-pitino-article-1.2165956

No one would accuse Roger Rubin of that right?

« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2015, 09:47:52 AM »

No one would accuse Roger Rubin of that right?

I think Pitino is trying to talk up someone from his coaching tree