The Gempesaw era has official begun

• 26 replies

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
The Gempesaw era has official begun
« on: March 28, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »
With Lavin moving on, Dr. Gempenshaw has a chance to put his mark on the program by hiring a new coach. Father Harrington definitely left his mark on the program, and for the first time in a quarter of a century a new vision will be put in place.

What kind of impact will the new President  have on the program?
Was Lavin the problem or just a symptom of the prolem?
Does remove Lavin show true leadership or smells of desperation?
Do you have faith in the new President?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:12:01 PM by STJ11Redmen »
Cougar O' Malley

Re: The Gempenshaw era has official begun
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 03:07:19 AM »
With Lavin moving on, Dr. Gempenshaw has a chance to put his mark on the program by hiring a new coach. Father Harrington definitely left his mark on the program, and for the first time in a quarter of a century a new vision will be put in place.

What kind of impact will the new President  have on the program? A good impact
Was Lavin the problem or just a symptom of the prolem? He was 50% of the pronblem
Does remove Lavin show true leadership or smells of desperation? Didn't he walk away because he wanted a higher salary? Though kudos to Gemp for not budging.
Do you have faith in the new President? Yes

I voted the top option, winning a NC? Would love for that dream to become a reality one day. Hopefully with the next coach.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:54 AM »
Can someone give me some info on the Gempenshaw story? Trying to have an idea of what is going on.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 07:23:43 AM »

What kind of impact will the new President  have on the program? A good impact
Was Lavin the problem or just a symptom of the prolem? He was 50% of the pronblem
Does remove Lavin show true leadership or smells of desperation? Didn't he walk away because he wanted a higher salary? Though kudos to Gemp for not budging.
Do you have faith in the new President? Yes

I voted the top option, winning a NC? Would love for that dream to become a reality one day. Hopefully with the next coach.
Leave it to a former ref to get it done...:)

Poison

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 09:26:42 AM »
Can someone give me some info on the Gempenshaw story? Trying to have an idea of what is going on.

He replaced a criminal 1000X worse than Mike Jarvis. That's the story.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:26:55 AM by Poison »

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
Every wrong choice is 5-6 years of your basketball fan life.
A correct choice can be 15-20 years of your basketball fan life.
Let's hope he gets it right, I've had enough of the 5-6  year choices.

redslope

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »

You can be quite funny at times but this is totally out of the ball park if you believe it.  This will destroy your credibility. To call Lavin a criminal 1000 times worse than Jarvis indicates you were not around during those years.  In the past 5 years no BB player was accused of man handling women in the dorms; no one was having hookers in their rooms on the road, no one was feeding money under the table to one of the worst players in SJU history.  Get real.

redslope

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
I think he should review all sports and make similar decisions where warranted.  He looked at women's BB and gave Coach Joe an extension that was warranted.  He needs to look at men's soccer to see how far we have fallen.  Question the change in the golf team coach and its impact on alumni.  Look at all sports and expect excellence.  Maybe some coaches have become complacent after so many years on the payroll (Darby wasn't after 20 years as we won the BE in 2014).  He should also look at the AD because I can't see a thing that he adds other than to his tan.

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 11:40:36 AM »

You can be quite funny at times but this is totally out of the ball park if you believe it.  This will destroy your credibility. To call Lavin a criminal 1000 times worse than Jarvis indicates you were not around during those years.  In the past 5 years no BB player was accused of man handling women in the dorms; no one was having hookers in their rooms on the road, no one was feeding money under the table to one of the worst players in SJU history.  Get real.

I don't think he's calling Lavin a criminal. I think he's calling Father Harrington a criminal 1000x worse than Jarvis

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »

I don't think he's calling Lavin a criminal. I think he's calling Father Harrington a criminal 1000x worse than Jarvis

Coming a day after Lavin's firing, I also thought that's who he was referring to.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »

do people here even read?  they just name call without even knowing what's being said.

Gempenshaw  was referenced.

Poison said "he" replaced a criminal x1000 Mike Jarvis.

Since he is Gempenshaw, "he" replaced Fr. Harrington

add in that there's been no evidence of shady behavior by Lavin (context for you) and there's no way he would have been talking about lavin

It could easily be interpreted both ways.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 01:10:15 PM »

poison definitely talking about harrington

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 01:12:59 PM »
Jeez, when we make it back to the top 10, I feel like they're going to make a documentary called the Gempenshaw(shank) Redemption

redslope

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »
The comment above about a replacement was very poorly written and the writer should  amend it unless he is calling Lavin worse than Jarvis.  This topic as started was discussing was discussing Gempenshaw putting his mark on the program so when someone writes he replaced, the he is referring to Gempenshaw who the topic is discussing.  Furthermore Gempenshaw did NOT replace Harrington-there was a one year university president between Harrington and Gempenshaw. 

Lastly as I said in my second post above, I believe Gempenshaw should look at ALL sports and clean house of dead wood.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:24:41 PM by redslope »

boo3

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
 All fans of the same team yet there is still a segment of posters that sole purpose is to insult others.   

Re: The Gempesaw era has official begun
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:26 PM »
Poison quoted a one line quote about GEMPESHAW. No ambiguity or possible other interpretation unless you think Poison thinks that Gempeshaw is replacing Lavin as basketball coach.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:39:49 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 03:47:45 PM »
All fans of the same team yet there is still a segment of posters that sole purpose is to insult others.
so easy to veer off topic and let the vitriol fly. 

I hope President Gempenshaw adopts a similar stance to the analogy that President Loh used when he took over at Maryland.  Dr. Loh stated that if a university is one big house, then the entire athletics department is the front porch.

I hope all athletics are addressed, why the AD is ticking off alums, coaches, the fan base, whomever (or if it is overblown), and the entire university bands together to move this apple cart forward.   

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 04:48:34 PM »

I hope President Gempenshaw adopts a similar stance to the analogy that President Loh used when he took over at Maryland.  Dr. Loh stated that if a university is one big house, then the entire athletics department is the front porch.

I hope all athletics are addressed, why the AD is ticking off alums, coaches, the fan base, whomever (or if it is overblown), and the entire university bands together to move this apple cart forward.   

Priority one is a new coach and then does anyone think the AD will be move out by the summer, safe for now, or dismissed right after a new coach is picked?
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

Priority one is a new coach and then does anyone think the AD will be move out by the summer, safe for now, or dismissed right after a new coach is picked?
Great question I didn't consider. I figured he survives since a new coach was the answer, and it seems like the Prez knows about the other issues the occurred. Now I'm thinking maybe not.

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »
Why do u guys hate the AD so much?