The Gempesaw era has official begun

• 26 replies

Poison

Re: The Gempesaw era has official begun
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »
Can someone give me some info on the Gempenshaw story? Trying to have an idea of what is going on.

He replaced a criminal 1000X worse than Mike Jarvis. That's the story.
You can be quite funny at times but this is totally out of the ball park if you believe it.  This will destroy your credibility. To call Lavin a criminal 1000 times worse than Jarvis indicates you were not around during those years.  In the past 5 years no BB player was accused of man handling women in the dorms; no one was having hookers in their rooms on the road, no one was feeding money under the table to one of the worst players in SJU history.  Get real.

Lavin is an upstanding bag of wind. I'm not talking about him. 

Poison

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Why do u guys hate the AD so much?

Because he doesn't care. No passion.

Poison

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »
Can someone give me some info on the Gempenshaw story? Trying to have an idea of what is going on.

You can be quite funny at times but this is totally out of the ball park if you believe it.  This will destroy your credibility. To call Lavin a criminal 1000 times worse than Jarvis indicates you were not around during those years.  In the past 5 years no BB player was accused of man handling women in the dorms; no one was having hookers in their rooms on the road, no one was feeding money under the table to one of the worst players in SJU history.  Get real.

I don't think he's calling Lavin a criminal. I think he's calling Father Harrington a criminal 1000x worse than Jarvis

Thanks

Poison

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

do people here even read?  they just name call without even knowing what's being said.

Gempenshaw  was referenced.

Poison said "he" replaced a criminal x1000 Mike Jarvis.

Since he is Gempenshaw, "he" replaced Fr. Harrington

add in that there's been no evidence of shady behavior by Lavin (context for you) and there's no way he would have been talking about lavin

It could easily be interpreted both ways.

This thread is about the President. Not the coach.

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »

do people here even read?  they just name call without even knowing what's being said.

add in that there's been no evidence of shady behavior by Lavin (context for you) and there's no way he would have been talking about lavin

I understand the subject was the current president. But when I first read it, it was unclear what you meant by "he replaced." it was unclear if you meant "he replaced" Lavin (as in replacing him with a new HC) or Harrington. Thank you for clarifying.

Poison

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 05:28:04 PM »

I understand the subject was the current president. But when I first read it, it was unclear what you meant by "he replaced." it was unclear if you meant "he replaced" Lavin (as in replacing him with a new HC) or Harrington. Thank you for clarifying.

Ok, I see what you mean. Now that we've cleared that up, as long as Gempesaw doesn't intentionally want to harm the program, I think he'll do fine here. How much he cares about St.John's will be directly reflected in how much he cares about the basketball program.

There might be some alumns going back to the school for soccer and baseball games, but without basketball, the alumni will disappear, and the link to the majority of donors will go with them. When I said that Harrington was 1000x times worse than Jarvis, I was being conservative. People keep blaming coaches, and ignoring the master puppeteer behind all of it.

Jarvis broke no law. But Harrington belongs in jail, and he belongs there for a long time.

cjfish

Re: The Gempenshaw era has official begun
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
Every wrong choice is 5-6 years of your basketball fan life.
A correct choice can be 15-20 years of your basketball fan life.
Let's hope he gets it right, I've had enough of the 5-6  year choices.

You got that right, Im not getting any younger and many more bad choices and I may be typing from the old age home