Cbs alert Chris mullin to accept job

• 134 replies
Re: Cbs alert Chris mullin to accept job
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »
Nobody knows his complete staff because its not filled except for one spot...yes he has offers out and LOTS of interest and yes the names are VERY exciting but as of now nothing but verbal interactions

I think it's all filled, but for 1 spot. Let's see

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2015, 09:13:21 PM »
Nobody knows his complete staff because its not filled except for one spot...yes he has offers out and LOTS of interest and yes the names are VERY exciting but as of now nothing but verbal interactions

Very, very exciting

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:38 PM »
Won't be the only alum on bench either. 

Terrance? Werdann? Wennington?

Eddie Kennedy?

Mike

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 09:17:05 PM »
Could Matt & Slice both be on the staff or would it be just one of them? Might be a stupid question.

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
PJ would be interesting as X and O guy. Coached him in Barcelona and GS. 

Good thought

TONYD3

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
Could Matt & Slice both be on the staff or would it be just one of them? Might be a stupid question.
Why a stupid question? Thinking we may need more of a coach ?

goredmen

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2015, 09:45:21 PM »
wow hatchet job already posted

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2015/03/chris_mullin_to_st_johns_is_an_awful_hire_and_a_bu.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Don't need to read past this sentence to know what an idiot this guy is:

Chris Mullin, the three-time Big East Player of the Year and all-time leading scorer for the Redmen before most sensible people decided that Redmen was an offensive nickname for a college team.

He also tried to compare Eddie Jordan to Chris Mullin. Chris Mullin played on the Dream Team, every kid knows of the Dream Team even if they don't know about how good Mullin actually was as a player at St. John's

Dan

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »
What's crazy about this writer is that the other day he wrote t Seton Hall and Rutgers are screwed if St. John's hires Danny Hurley, so it's not like he's some unabashed St. John's hater, he just for some reason sees this as Eddie Jordan redux where I think with the right staff it will either be its own result or ideally more like Hoiberg
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:48:11 PM by Dan »

Poison

« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:39 PM »
What's crazy about this writer is that the other day he wrote t Seton Hall and Rutgers are screwed if St. John's hires Danny Hurley, so it's not like he's some unabashed St. John's hater, he just for some reason sees this as Eddie Jordan redux where I think with the right staff it will either be its own result or ideally more like Hoiberg

Seton Hall and Rutgers are screwed because they are in New Jersey, and because they are Seton Hall and Rutgers. Still, we don't know if he's right in saying that this is a bad hire. He doesn't know. There's no history except someone else's to point to.

And I had never even heard of Eddie Jordan before Rutgers hired him.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:53:42 PM by Poison »

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2015, 09:53:02 PM »
Words cannot properly express how much i hate this whole argument:

Here's the problem: That current 16-year-old power forward? The high school star who is looking at the one-and-done machine at Kentucky as his easy path to NBA riches? He doesn't care about what happened in 1985 in Queens. He wasn't alive in 1985. Chances are, his parents didn't know or care what was happening in 1985.

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »
Anyone in NYC knows who Mullin is. When I wasn't even a St. John's or a basketball fan I knew who Mullin was. I didn't even know Eddie Jordan played basketball.

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
Words cannot properly express how much i hate this whole argument:

Here's the problem: That current 16-year-old power forward? The high school star who is looking at the one-and-done machine at Kentucky as his easy path to NBA riches? He doesn't care about what happened in 1985 in Queens. He wasn't alive in 1985. Chances are, his parents didn't know or care what was happening in 1985.

lol I was born in the 90s and know about Mullin.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2015, 09:54:38 PM »
The Redmen crack was uncalled for...Most articles have stated that Mullin is a risk, but the risk is worth it.

The biggest issues with
Cougar O' Malley

Dan

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »
also doesn't even look like Danny Hurley was available, he was just using this opening as leverage to get a nice extension at URI, which I can't blame him for

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2015, 09:56:54 PM »

Seton Hall and Rutgers are screwed because they are in New Jersey, and because they are Seton Hall and Rutgers. Still, we don't know if he's right in saying that this is a bad hire. He doesn't know. There's no history except someone else's to point to.

Politi has no idea with regards to assistants or what this means to NYC or SJU.  His perspective is strictly from the angle that SJU could have hired Hurley.  No Hurley means no success.  He has no clue outside of that perspective.  He wouldn't know a SJU target or an SJU fan or Carnesecca arena if you drew him a map.  Remember he just wrote an article about SHU and RU crying because they may lose Hurley to SJU.  Now that is not going to happen thus his article today...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:10:24 PM by fordham96 »

desco80

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2015, 09:58:16 PM »

Politi has no idea with regards to assistants or what this means to NYC or SJU.  His perspective is strictly from the angle that SJU could have hired Hurley.  No Hurley means no success.  He has no clue outside of that perspective.  He wouldn't know a SJU target or and SJU fan or Carnesecca arena if you drew him a map.  Remember he just wrote an article about SHU and RU crying because they may lose Hurley to SJU.  Now that is not going to happen thus his article today...

Absolutely right.

He's infatuated with the Hurleys, which is fine.  But just recognize that's his only perspective.

Poison

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »

Politi has no idea with regards to assistants or what this means to NYC or SJU.  His perspective is strictly from the angle that SJU could have hired Hurley.  No Hurley means no success.  He has no clue outside of that perspective.  He wouldn't know a SJU target or and SJU fan or Carnesecca arena if you drew him a map.  Remember he just wrote an article about SHU and RU crying because they may lose Hurley to SJU.  Now that is not going to happen thus his article today...

He doesn't have a clue, and neither does anyone. Sometimes it works, like with Bird, and other times it's a disaster, like with Clyde Drexler. How Mullin handles recruiting will be pretty clear this Spring, but this debate is an empty argument on either side until he's coaching an actual game - something he's never done before.

desco80

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
Hope this staff pans out as rumored.   Would be huge.