Cbs alert Chris mullin to accept job

• 134 replies
Re: Cbs alert Chris mullin to accept job
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2015, 10:09:22 PM »
What's crazy about this writer is that the other day he wrote t Seton Hall and Rutgers are screwed if St. John's hires Danny Hurley, so it's not like he's some unabashed St. John's hater, he just for some reason sees this as Eddie Jordan redux where I think with the right staff it will either be its own result or ideally more like Hoiberg

Seton Hall and Rutgers are screwed because they are in New Jersey, and because they are Seton Hall and Rutgers. Still, we don't know if he's right in saying that this is a bad hire. He doesn't know. There's no history except someone else's to point to.

And I had never even heard of Eddie Jordan before Rutgers hired him.

Politi has no idea with regards to assistants or what this means to NYC or SJU.  His perspective is strictly from the angle that SJU could have hired Hurley.  No Hurley means no success.  He has no clue outside of that perspective.  He wouldn't know a SJU target or and SJU fan or Carnesecca arena if you drew him a map.  Remember he just wrote an article about SHU and RU crying because they may lose Hurley to SJU.  Now that is not going to happen thus his article today...

He doesn't have a clue, and neither does anyone. Sometimes it works, like with Bird, and other times it's a disaster, like with Clyde Drexler. How Mullin handles recruiting will be pretty clear this Spring, but this debate is an empty argument on either side until he's coaching an actual game - something he's never done before.

I understand that but you are giving him too much credit, it has nothing to do with thinking Mullin is a crapshoot.  His entire article is about not hiring Hurley, period.

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:35 PM »
Matt Abdelmassih ‏@mabde33  Feb 22
Never gets old recognizing the power couple of St Johns Congrats 2 my guy Chris Mullin on the honor this past weekend pic.twitter.com/0xjOPFWGeV

come home matt!

TheVig

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2015, 10:15:40 PM »
Never gets old recognizing the power couple of St Johns Congrats 2 my guy Chris Mullin on the honor this past weekend pic.twitter.com/0xjOPFWGeV

come home matt!
He just replied to two sju fans on Twitter also. Beginning to feel good about him being in the fold!

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »

come home matt!
He just replied to two sju fans on Twitter also. Beginning to feel good about him being in the fold!

You should

Mike

« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »

come home matt!

You should

Would Slice still be an option to?

« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:22 PM »
Politi obviously has some Hurley bias. Simple as that.

Also Hurley was available but wasn't 1st choice. Despite that he parlayed the threat of SJU into more money for himself at URI. Veteran move and great for him + staff. He would have been excellent choice as well.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2015, 10:24:51 PM »

come home matt!

Do you really think this guy is going to give up his fabulous life in Iowa? Especially since it's almost time for the corn festival?

Poison

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2015, 10:28:23 PM »

Also Hurley was available but wasn't 1st choice. Despite that he parlayed the threat of SJU into more money for himself at URI. Veteran move and great for him + staff. He would have been excellent choice as well.

How do we know that Mullin is an excellent choice?

paultzman

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »

come home matt!

Do you really think this guy is going to give up his fabulous life in Iowa? Especially since it's almost time for the corn festival?

Easy Poison. His wife is from Ames I believe. :)

MCNPA

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:53 PM »
I love the idea of Abdelmessih here.  Great when our assistants have skin in the game so-to-speak.  Hope it happens.  Love when our assistants are also grads and fans like we are here.  It's an X factor im every respect.

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »

How do we know that Mullin is an excellent choice?

Well don't know. I think great staff + support from all aspects of school puts him in a very good position to succeed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2015, 10:48:34 PM »

cjfish

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2015, 11:26:25 PM »
1. Rutgers guy reached a new level of idiocy, comparing Jordan to Mullin.  Rutgers program is dead and Syracuse is not far behind.
2.Mullin brings instant credibility, plenty of PR, media coverage which helps recruiting 
3. Im sure Mullin has given plenty of thought to his staff and, with his connections, it will be first rate
4. expect a fruitful April signing period                                                                                 

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2015, 11:27:46 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/top-city-hs-players-mullin-sju-article-1.2166589

wow Aikens and Salnave chiming in already

But how do they even know who he is??!?!?

/idiot sportswriters

Chilleb

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2015, 11:32:36 PM »

lihoop

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2015, 11:52:21 PM »
need to have a picture of Mullin on main page once official.

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2015, 12:23:22 AM »
Has St. Johns acknowledged this yet in anyway? Upcoming press conference etc?

Poison

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:57 AM »

Nope. Plenty of time for it all to fall through.

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2015, 01:41:30 AM »
One good thing for Chris is he won't have to waste any time watching game film of our team from this season as we will basically have a whole new team next season.

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2015, 01:46:41 AM »

Nope. Plenty of time for it all to fall through.
Whoa - no need to throw Poison into the stew...let it simmer  8)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:47:03 AM by bball purist »