Mullin's staff

• 913 replies

sju89tr

Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »
Names I've heard.    Matt A.   Slice,  PJ. Carlessimo,  Ed Pinkney.     

How about Chris, Eddie P, Matt A, Slice and Terrence as DOBO.

4 kids from Brooklyn and 1 from the Bronx.  Nothing more New York than that!!!!  LOL!!!

Pretty close except for Slice 

I agree.  I think another former player is in the mix.

What is the over under on when Bluto turns on Mullin?

Isn't happening

It will be interesting though how we deal with criticism of Mullin as coach against our love for him as legend. I personally don't know how I will handle it

Tha Kid

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »

4 kids from Brooklyn and 1 from the Bronx.  Nothing more New York than that!!!!  LOL!!!

Shurina?

I have not heard Shurina name come up

Then I'd guess Werdann.  Not sure what other former players are even coaching.

Ron Rowan's name has been bouncing about in last day, but I will believe that when I see it. Last year he uprooted family from Eastern Pa for move to Florida. I have trouble believing he would make another move for AC job, but we'll see. The nugget I guess is fans are anxious for his son Maverick to come play here. It appears L'Ville is in good shape with him, but in giddy times we all can dream. :)

Hearing Slice is definitely still in the mix.  Loves Chris, loves SJU and loves NYC. 

Keep in mind for if Ron were to bring his son he could not do it from an administrative position.  Would need to be a full time assistant.

Shouldnt there be an exception where it's a dad working at his alma mater for his former teammate? Ha ha
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:03:30 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »

Isn't happening

It will be interesting though how we deal with criticism of Mullin as coach against our love for him as legend. I personally don't know how I will handle it

I hope chuckleheads give him a pass on next year. Wouldn'tbe shocked o see cricism from some as soon as 1st year though. Gets a lifetime pass for me as I was fortunate enough to see him play.

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »
Curious why Ed P would consider a STJ assistant job.  He already had a big east assistant job at his alma matter where the team was hugely successful and this helped him secure an NBA assistant job. 

sju89tr

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »
Curious why Ed P would consider a STJ assistant job.  He already had a big east assistant job at his alma matter where the team was hugely successful and this helped him secure an NBA assistant job. 

Come home to NYC and Chris Mullin is one of his best friends 

I wonder though how much an NBA assistant makes?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:11:31 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »

30 for 30 on 1985 and the BE, they mentioned Mullin and Pickney were real close.

Tha Kid

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »

30 for 30 on 1985 and the BE, they mentioned Mullin and Pickney were real close.

And Thibs is about to be OUT in Chicago, so perhaps Pinckney also wants to make a change rather than just follow Thibs wherever.

sju89tr

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »

I hated EP as an opponent but he came across as a real nice guy with a great personality in the 30/30   

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »
Still waiting on something from St John's on the Mullin hiring...silence sucks

sju89tr

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »

And Thibs is about to be OUT in Chicago, so perhaps Pinckney also wants to make a change rather than just follow Thibs wherever.

Does Hoiberg get that job?

Tha Kid

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »

Does Hoiberg get that job?

I think so...and if his pipeline to NY is ending, it could be perfect timing for him to make NBA jump...

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »

Thanksgiving day 2015.

Also in the lifetime pass for Mullin camp.  Even if he loses every single game...he shouldn't hear a word.

boo3

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »
I would guess that Dan or mullinjaxberry guy are the first to flip on Mullin. 

I say by Holiday Festival.

Johnny23

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
Sure, the X's and O's and in-game coaching and adjustments will always be huge questions especially since Mullin's never been a HC at any level.

That said, I'm sure he'll surround himself with a good bench coach and with his bball IQ, I think he'll pick up the nuances of head coaching failry quickly.

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »
If this isn't finalized by today, I'm going to start to wonder

boo3

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 01:14:54 PM »
If this isn't finalized by today, I'm going to start to wonder

He was flying across the country today.  If he had a 6am flight out of SF, he's still be in the air...    Relax.

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2015, 01:34:41 PM »
C'mon.  Baldi doesn't relax.  He stirs the pot!

Tha Kid

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 01:37:53 PM »
There may have been a time when it seemed like Baldi was just a pot stirrer, but he has been right on everything the last few weeks, so I think we should give him some deference.  He has me scared now.  If there is someone out there who can definitively tell us Baldi is freaking out necessarily, I'd love to hear from them...

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
There may have been a time when it seemed like Baldi was just a pot stirrer, but he has been right on everything the last few weeks, so I think we should give him some deference.  He has me scared now.  If there is someone out there who can definitively tell us Baldi is freaking out necessarily, I'd love to hear from them...

SJU79 said last night this is a done deal. And he is far more in the know than Baldi. But, I admit it is strange no official announcement has been made.

Foad

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »

Seems unlikely they'd leave the rumors out there is there was a snag.