Mullin's staff

• 913 replies

paultzman

Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2015, 07:11:41 PM »
You got to hand it to these SHU insiders who have all the SJU information...

Derm Player...HA HA...Coach Mullin would jump off the Triborough before he hired Derm Player...

It's been 5 minutes and I still haven't stop laughing at that one.

https://setonhall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=330&tid=179799321&mid=179799321&sid=959&style=2

@AdamZagoria: Former Seton Hall/St. John's asst Dermon Player in the mix for Chris Mullin's staff, source confirms to @SNYtv

I hope this is just one rumor.  I recall him petitioning for a spot on Lavin's initial staff.
Dink five hours ago Dermon reached out to o Tarik T & said;

@dermonplayer: @tarik4turner @dermonplayer so happy for our school I'm here if they need me

I guess "I'm here if they need me" is a scoop to Zags, lol
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:13:19 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »

Derm Player...HA HA...Coach Mullin would jump off the Triborough before he hired Derm Player...

https://setonhall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=330&tid=179799321&mid=179799321&sid=959&style=2

@AdamZagoria: Former Seton Hall/St. John's asst Dermon Player in the mix for Chris Mullin's staff, source confirms to @SNYtv

I hope this is just one rumor.  I recall him petitioning for a spot on Lavin's initial staff.

@dermonplayer: @tarik4turner @dermonplayer so happy for our school I'm here if they need me

LOL   You're probably right, in reference to Zags.   

I also see Player is petitioning again. 

« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2015, 07:25:42 PM »

BOOM...

SJUFAN

« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
Mat Abdelmassih: "This is the one job I always said I would come walking back to."

Matt Abdelmassih: "We want to foster relationships where the city kids are expected to go to St. John's."

This notion that the talent isn't here in NY is ridiculous. If we take care of our back yard we will be good year in, year out. 

Talent in NY stinks

Your kidding right?
2015 - Diallo, Briscoe, Richardson, Bryant, Diagne, Lydon, Govan, and McDuffie
2014 - Towns, Whitehead, McCullough, Larrier, Delgado.
2013 - Johnson, Roberson, Lawrence, Cameron, Sina, Facey.

I'm not saying focus only on the NY/NY kids, but every year there are a handful of 4/5 star kids that come out of the area and if we landed just 1-2 of them a year we would have sustained success.

Kentucky is in the FF, and they have 3 kids from this list. I don't think they believe the talent stinks.
Sure there maybe more talent coming out of FL, TX and CA, but we don't need quantity, we just need to land 1-2 of them a year.   

« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »
Mat Abdelmassih: "This is the one job I always said I would come walking back to."

Matt Abdelmassih: "We want to foster relationships where the city kids are expected to go to St. John's."

This notion that the talent isn't here in NY is ridiculous. If we take care of our back yard we will be good year in, year out. 

Talent in NY stinks

Your kidding right?

I'm not saying focus only on the NY/NY kids, but every year there are a handful of 4/5 star kids that come out of the area and if we landed just 1-2 of them a year we would have sustained success.

Kentucky is in the FF, and they have 3 kids from this list. I don't think they believe the talent stinks.
Sure there maybe more talent coming out of FL, TX and CA, but we don't need quantity, we just need to land 1-2 of them a year.   

He's talking about strictly NYC kids and he is right.  If you want to stretch it out to the metro area then that takes it up a notch.

Keep in mind in defense of Lavin as we know he targeted Briscoe and Kyle Anderson and was a finalist for both so it is not 100% fair to say we ignored or failed to recruit these top metro guys.

SJUFAN

« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »

Talent in NY stinks

Your kidding right?

He's talking about strictly NYC kids and he is right.  If you want to stretch it out to the metro area then that takes it up a notch.

Keep in mind in defense of Lavin as we know he targeted Briscoe and Kyle Anderson and was a finalist for both so it is not 100% fair to say we ignored or failed to recruit these top metro guys.

I think it's only fair to stretch it out because it makes sense. You can't compare NYC alone to Texas, California, and Florida. The talent is spread out across these states and not concentrated in one area. Geographically speaking the metropolitan area is closer in proximity than the areas in these states. The point is we need to do a better job landing our local talent and it starts by recruiting all of them. Not one here and there.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:42:16 AM by SJUFAN »

sju89tr

« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »

Talent in NY stinks

Your kidding right?

I think it's only fair to stretch it out because it makes sense. You can't compare NYC alone to Texas, California, and Florida. The talent is spread out across these states and not concentrated in one area. Geographically speaking the metropolitan area is closer in proximity than the areas in these states. The point is we need to do a better job landing our local talent and it starts by recruiting all of them. Not one here and there.

So hard these days because so many city kids finish school in NJ or FL or the NEPSAC

Years and years ago there were probably a dozen D1 players a year from just the PSAL and Cathonlic schools plus more from LI and Westchester. Today much less.   

« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
I hope Chris Mullin  take care of Walter berry !!

Tweet from Kenny Anderson

sju89tr

« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »

There would be so many people to take care of. At this point, need the best staff to get this thing rolling again. 

Marillac

« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:56 PM »

Gave a big shout out to Walter Berry "The Truth, Walter Berry is here" with a huge smile on his face. 

« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »

Gave a big shout out to Walter Berry "The Truth, Walter Berry is here" with a huge smile on his face. 

Has there ever been a better duo here?

paultzman

« Reply #251 on: April 01, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »
Looks like Pinkney will join staff & Slice well in play.

TONYD3

« Reply #252 on: April 01, 2015, 05:59:12 PM »
Press conferences are boring. This wasn't. It is on Youtube for those of you who don't have ESPN3 Whatever doubts I had are gone. WOW!

« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »
Hey paultz. Mully said on radio staff would be in place in 2 days.  Does that mean anything for slice or will we wait on him? I sure hope so. Also thanx for the info and sorry if already asked but what's up with the Avi? Is that thomas Bryant

paultzman

« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »
Hey paultz. Mully said on radio staff would be in place in 2 days.  Does that mean anything for slice or will we wait on him? I sure hope so. Also thanx for the info and sorry if already asked but what's up with the Avi? Is that thomas Bryant
Not Bryant. All I can say the few day reference to me was a good sign that things have been in motion. I also liked Chris' comment that he would like a coach with college HC experience, which Slice has. Maybe I am so psyched by Mullin coming that I am assuming the best on Slice. :)

« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2015, 07:17:14 PM »
Not Bryant. All I can say the few day reference to me was a good sign that things have been in motion. I also liked Chris' comment that he would like a coach with college HC experience, which Slice has. Maybe I am so psyched by Mullin coming that I am assuming the best on Slice. :)
Who else fits that bill?  I'm drawing blanks ...

sju89tr

« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
I am sure Slice can accept the job and finish up his NCAA championship with KY
As I said before Cal doesn't appear the type of guy that would stand in anyone's way
He will just reload with another great recruiter

I like the staff of Eddie (he sure will be able to help CO), Matt, and Slice
Great Brooklyn roots

« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
I am sure Slice can accept the job and finish up his NCAA championship with KY
As I said before Cal doesn't appear the type of guy that would stand in anyone's way
He will just reload with another great recruiter

I like the staff of Eddie (he sure will be able to help CO), Matt, and Slice
Great Brooklyn roots
Following Baldi's Beastie MM request, I hope the staff doesn't sleep - til Brooklyn

« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2015, 08:55:44 PM »

Paultz, a uk fan is saying that slice is rumored to take over uk if cal leaves for the nba

Foad

« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
Paultz, a uk fan is saying that slice is rumored to take over uk if cal leaves for the nba

Lol.

Lulz.

Kek.