Mullin's staff

• 913 replies
Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #720 on: June 24, 2015, 10:58:52 PM »
Well that sucks

« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2015, 12:01:43 AM »
My understand is that Rowan wasn't in the equation.

Ditto.  Not to mention, Pinckney was eliminated a couple of weeks ago. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:02:37 AM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #722 on: June 25, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
I don't think it's a big deal either way.  They'll hire the right guy, plus as is our staff is loaded. 

« Reply #723 on: June 25, 2015, 08:32:38 AM »
The staff needs help...like coaches who can develop talent.  A notable one is available.  Stephen Curry said he was instrumental to his success.  Monta Ellis went from a second rounder to a star working with him.  Trevor Ariza says he turned his game around. 

Call Rico Hines today!!  If the players want to put in the work, they'll improve under Hines.

mkras99

« Reply #724 on: June 25, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
The staff needs help...like coaches who can develop talent.  A notable one is available.  Stephen Curry said he was instrumental to his success.  Monta Ellis went from a second rounder to a star working with him.  Trevor Ariza says he turned his game around. 

Call Rico Hines today!!  If the players want to put in the work, they'll improve under Hines.

Oh god no.  Please, no.

Moose

« Reply #725 on: June 25, 2015, 10:28:08 AM »

Are there quotes from Curry?  I need a good laugh today
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #726 on: June 25, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »

Oh god no.  Please, no.

To rip off part of the news release on Hines:

Hines on-court tutelage aided in the development of 2013 BIG EAST Rookie of the Year JaKarr Sampson, 2012 BIG EAST Rookie of the Year Maurice Harkless, the 15th pick in that year's NBA Draft, 2011 BIG EAST Most Improved Player Dwight Hardy, 2011 BIG EAST Sixth Man of the Year Justin Burrell, and 1,500-point scorer and 2014 All-BIG EAST first team selection D'Angelo Harrison.After three years mentoring Harrison, he became the first St. John's player since 2002 to earn the prestigious Haggerty Award (2014), which is presented annually to the top college basketball player in the metropolitan area.

He was first hired by St. John's legend and former Golden State executive Chris Mullin.

In his role with Golden State from 2006-10, Hines worked closely on the court with players throughout the season to assist in their overall skill development and game preparation. Additionally, Hines was largely involved with the players' off-season training, having worked with several Warriors, particularly the guards, over the summers - a list that includes Baron Davis, Stephen Curry, Anthony Morrow, Monta Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and Matt Barnes.

Curry, who set the NBA record for most 3-pointers made by a rookie in 2009-10 with 133 and who was the runner-up for the league's 2010 Rookie of the Year award, "Rico Hines is a hard working, dedicated coach. When working out with Rico, he gives you a blueprint to what is going to improve your skill set while making you a more confident and able player. It was a pleasure to work with Rico and I feel that he was instrumental in the success that I experienced during my rookie year."

"Rico Hines has a love and passion for the game that is unmatched," said Davis a 14-year NBA veteran and two-time All-Star. "He lives for the game and will always go the extra mile to help someone better their game. He is a players coach."

Under Hines' tutelage, Monta Ellis was named Most Improved Player in the NBA (2006-07) after elevating his scoring average from 6.8 points per game to 16.5, and Anthony Morrow became the first rookie ever to lead the NBA in three-point field goal shooting, hitting at a .467 clip (2008-09).

In addition to his work with Golden State's players, Hines worked closely with numerous NBA and collegiate players during the offseason in recent years - including Trevor Ariza, Hakim Warrick, Marcus Williams, J.R. Smith, Ryan Hollins, Brandon Bass, Glen "Big Baby" Davis, Darren Collison, Marcus Morris, Markeiff Morris, Antoine Wright, Jeff Pendergraph and Morrow - coaching and training individuals in preparation for the rigors of an NBA season.

Said Ariza of Hines, "He is phenomenal. He is going to get the best out of you every time you step on the court. Whatever he sees in the young kids, he is going to go out there and make sure they reach their full potential. That's just the type of person he is. When he played, he worked hard, and as a coach, he works even harder."

« Reply #727 on: June 25, 2015, 10:52:06 AM »
Is this possible?  Would he return if asked?

pmg911

« Reply #728 on: June 25, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
Is this possible?  Would he return if asked?

Not sure if he had contract through next season but if you were out of work as coach this late in the cycle, would have to think he takes it...

BUT. . a guy like him can make a lot of money doing 1x1 player work outs in the off season. NBA guys will pay a lot of money to get people they trust in to work them out privately.

Moose

« Reply #729 on: June 25, 2015, 11:07:48 AM »
He is not returning.
Move along nothing to see here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #730 on: June 25, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
He is not returning.

Thank you

pmg911

« Reply #731 on: June 25, 2015, 03:09:12 PM »
He is not returning.

The truth has been spoken...   no one else say a word

desco80

« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2015, 12:03:59 PM »
Patience was deserved a month ago, and any worries about the makeup of the staff, up until now, were surely premature.

But I think it's curious that we still don't have a third assistant or Dobo.   It's not the end of the world of course, but there had been some big names bandied about, and now they appear to be out of the picture.

« Reply #733 on: June 30, 2015, 12:22:57 PM »
We're also looking for an AD since Monasch was slam dunked.  Apparently none of this is hurting recruiting...that's the bottom line.

Happy

« Reply #734 on: June 30, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
3rd assistant will be in place before staff goes on the road   :)

« Reply #735 on: June 30, 2015, 04:36:53 PM »

Any hints, happy?

Happy

« Reply #736 on: June 30, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

Any hints, happy?

Unfortunately i do not . I guess I shouldn't have told the ending without telling the story.  I was just told that 3rd AC will be in place by next week.  Hopefully it is the case :)

redslope

« Reply #737 on: June 30, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »

Any hints, happy?

Unfortunately i do not . I guess I shouldn't have told the ending without telling the story.  I was just told that 3rd AC will be in place by next week.  Hopefully it is the case :)

Lebron and D Wade become available at midnight:)

« Reply #738 on: June 30, 2015, 09:51:14 PM »

Should be in place by the end of this weekend I heard.

paultzman

« Reply #739 on: July 01, 2015, 08:50:43 AM »

Should be in place by the end of this weekend I heard.
One of guys previously under consideration perhaps?