Mullin's staff

• 913 replies
Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #800 on: July 07, 2015, 08:25:05 PM »
I think it is pretty apparent. We set our sights on EP. Had to wait for the NBA situation to play out. Now it has and we are working through the other options and addressing things like salary etc.

mkras99

« Reply #801 on: July 07, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »
Could be that next guy is an AAU guy and they want to give him the benefit of being with/recruiting his players during the summer. Recall Tiny Morton announcement coming pretty late.

« Reply #802 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:47 PM »
Could be that next guy is an AAU guy and they want to give him the benefit of being with/recruiting his players during the summer. Recall Tiny Morton announcement coming pretty late.
now that is diabolical and sneaky. I love it !!!!

« Reply #803 on: July 07, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »
Better to wait a little while longer if it means getting the right guy.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

lihoop

« Reply #804 on: July 07, 2015, 09:02:48 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 1h1 hour ago Bronx, NY

Hearing third #sjubb assistant likely won't be done until after July live recruiting period. However, they will have four people on road.

« Reply #805 on: July 07, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »

Doubtful.

« Reply #806 on: July 07, 2015, 09:15:38 PM »
Who will be the fourth on the road?  St. Jean?

« Reply #807 on: July 07, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »

Lavin.  Coach Mullin is going to bring Lavin back as a temporary assistant just to piss off Braziller.

mkras99

« Reply #808 on: July 07, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
Good point Fordham.

« Reply #809 on: July 07, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
lol

« Reply #810 on: July 08, 2015, 03:16:13 AM »

Lavin.  Coach Mullin is going to bring Lavin back as a temporary assistant just to piss off Braziller.
Really think Mullin can pry Lavin out of Le Bernardin or Gramercy Tavern?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:17:21 AM by Celtics11 »

paultzman

« Reply #811 on: July 08, 2015, 07:24:52 AM »
Still hearing Richmond for third AC job & St. Jean for DOBO, but who knows, since this been a fluid situation.

Marillac

« Reply #812 on: July 08, 2015, 09:27:36 PM »

That would make it impossible for Zach to praise Mullin while simultaneously taking an express or implied shot at Lavin.  He'd have to use a different template for his stories.

Marillac

« Reply #813 on: July 08, 2015, 09:47:41 PM »
If they do hire Richmond, it'd be nice to have a trophy room to show recruits all of the combined honors of Mullin and Richmond.  It'd have to be a pretty big room:  2 Olympic Gold Medals, 1 NBA championship ring,  1 Wooden Player of the Year trophy, 11 combined all-star games, 2 Hall of fame jackets (or rings? or whatever the NBA gives inductees), 1 HOF induction for Dream Team,  1 Rookie of the Year, 1 NBA All-Star Game MVP,  3 Big East P.O.Y.s, 3 Haggerty awards, 1 NYS Mr. Basketball,  and a ton of video and photos of big events like being top ten picks, NCAA tournament games, All-Star games, etc.

Heads would be spinning.

« Reply #814 on: July 09, 2015, 12:05:14 AM »
Still hearing Richmond for third AC job & St. Jean for DOBO, but who knows, since this been a fluid situation.
Fluid how? One day it's a go, next day not, then a go, then not so much? Starting to make Mussini seem like a snap decision. Or maybe Richmond is on a team at Rucker or some such league and his team is involved in a 7 game playoff series and he doesn't want to upset their fragile egos by announcing he is taking an AC position at SJU.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:08:29 AM by Celtics11 »

paultzman

« Reply #815 on: July 09, 2015, 08:21:14 AM »
Fluid how? One day it's a go, next day not, then a go, then not so much? Starting to make Mussini seem like a snap decision. Or maybe Richmond is on a team at Rucker or some such league and his team is involved in a 7 game playoff series and he doesn't want to upset their fragile egos by announcing he is taking an AC position at SJU.

Fluid, as in subject to change. May be time to accept Mullin will fill the two slots when he wants to.

« Reply #816 on: July 16, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
You know I have no idea if there would be any interest on either side so this is just throwing a name out there but what about Herb Sendek?

Has terrific pedigree, major HC experience and would be a nice stop for him on his way to perhaps getting another HC job.  Probably getting fat buyout from ASU so wouldn't demand a ton of money.

Just spitballing.

« Reply #817 on: July 16, 2015, 10:10:32 PM »
You know I have no idea if there would be any interest on either side so this is just throwing a name out there but what about Herb Sendek?

Has terrific pedigree, major HC experience and would be a nice stop for him on his way to perhaps getting another HC job.  Probably getting fat buyout from ASU so wouldn't demand a ton of money.

Just spitballing.

I love it.

paultzman

« Reply #818 on: July 16, 2015, 10:18:17 PM »

Just spitballing.
Frankly I like the profile. Larry Shyatt, as an example, also served NC State well & helped Gottfried strategically. I much prefer guys with head coaching experience v candidates like Richmond or St. Jean. In my opinion, Mullin would benefit from  the assistance of a former head coach with a fair degree of past success. I don't think Slice fits that bill by the way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:20:43 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #819 on: July 16, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »

Just spitballing.
Frankly I like the profile. Larry Shyatt, as an example, also served NC State well & helped Gottfried strategically. I much prefer guys with head coaching experience v candidates like Richmond or St. Jean. In my opinion, Mullin would benefit from  the assistance of a former head coach with a fair degree of past success. I don't think Slice fits that bill by the way.

WIth Shyatt you are thinking about Billy Donovan.  In fact at one point Donovan had 3 former HC's on his staff a few years ago.  Shyatt (Clemson), his former assistant who he rehired after he got let go at Arkansas (Pelphrey) and Norm Roberts for 1 season before Norm rejoined Self in Kansas.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:29:23 PM by fordham96 »