Mullin Accepts

• 248 replies

redslope

Re: Mullin Accepts
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 05:51:26 PM »
Just heard Mark Jackson with Michael Kay--He is extremely positive about Chris coaching at SJU.  said Chris probably knows more than any coach he has dealt with.  Talked about what Louie did for the players--more than coach but also made them men with life experience.  Believes Chris will do the same (hear that Rasheed).
Mark deflected the question about his becoming coach 5 years ago or currently with wonderful handling.  Last question was regards to 1985 and Kay said he felt we would have won it all if Mark started which he handled like a well school politician but we know and agree with what he really feels :)

sju89tr

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 05:55:26 PM »
Just heard Mark Jackson with Michael Kay--He is extremely positive about Chris coaching at SJU.  said Chris probably knows more than any coach he has dealt with.  Talked about what Louie did for the players--more than coach but also made them men with life experience.  Believes Chris will do the same (hear that Rasheed).
Mark deflected the question about his becoming coach 5 years ago or currently with wonderful handling.  Last question was regards to 1985 and Kay said he felt we would have won it all if Mark started which he handled like a well school politician but we know and agree with what he really feels :)

Mike Moses LOL

Same with Bobby Kelly starting over Kevin Williams LOL

Louie had his favorites !

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 05:55:43 PM »
Pretty darn good story on Chris!  Impressive!

I think she is right on about the fan base coming to life, both physically (to attend games) and financially (donations).

I know a lot of family that went to SJU and they are already talking about getting together to go to one game and even some of them are talking about donating to the program...That's just at the basic level. If he can hit the ground running he can really draw in big donors and alumni.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 05:55:57 PM »

Ironically Lavin got crushed for teaching life lessons, making men. It's all about the W's
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

nudginator59

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »

Ironically Lavin got crushed for teaching life lessons, making men. It's all about the W's

Underperforming and having no team for next year with one year remaining on a contract didn't help either...
Cougar O' Malley

sju89tr

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »

Lavin was good to the kids, probably too good that some took advantage.

Better for a coach to be tough and fair, a good balance

Has anyone watched the Dean Smith documtary, wow his players loved him.

But again it gets down to the W's as Dave alluded to   

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 06:07:50 PM »
SJU better have a big time Midnight Madness this year! Maybe get J Cole on the line right now.

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
SJU better have a big time Midnight Madness this year! Maybe get J Cole on the line right now.

he's already performing next week.

anything like this past year is fine by me. 

nudginator59

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 10:43:05 PM »
The President sent a letter to all students and staff to invite them to the press conference tomorrow. He also encouraged everyone to wear red to welcome home Mullin.

Exciting times to be a Johnny!
Cougar O' Malley

Poison

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 10:53:37 PM »

Yes, because a coach does not make basketball players into men. He makes them into better basketball players. Sometimes.

nudginator59

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »

St. John's University
To:
University Students and Employees
Conrado "Bobby" Gempesaw, Ph.D., President
Re:
Invitation to Press Conference Introducing Chris Mullin
Date:
March 31, 2015
I am thrilled to invite you to attend the press conference on Wednesday, April 1, that will introduce one of our own, Hall of Famer Chris Mullin, as St. John's new men's basketball coach.

Please join us at 1:30 p.m. in Carnesecca Arena for this historic occasion as we open an exciting new chapter in the history of St. John's University athletics.

WEAR RED to show your school spirit, and join us as we welcome basketball legend Chris Mullin back to campus to lead the Red Storm.

stjohns.edu

Cougar O' Malley

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 01:16:33 AM »

St. John's University
To:
Re:
Date:
March 31, 2015
I am thrilled to invite you to attend the press conference on Wednesday, April 1, that will introduce one of our own, Hall of Famer Chris Mullin, as St. John's new men's basketball coach.

Please join us at 1:30 p.m. in Carnesecca Arena for this historic occasion as we open an exciting new chapter in the history of St. John's University athletics.

WEAR RED to show your school spirit, and join us as we welcome basketball legend Chris Mullin back to campus to lead the Red Storm.

stjohns.edu

Does anyone know if alumni can go? I don't wanna drive all the way there then not get in because I don't have a storm card?

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 01:29:11 AM »

St. John's University
To:
Re:
Date:
March 31, 2015

stjohns.edu

Does anyone know if alumni can go? I don't wanna drive all the way there then not get in because I don't have a storm card?
if you register, it appears you're in. There's even an "other" category for non- alumni.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 01:44:08 AM »
How do you register?

Poison

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 07:30:16 AM »

Can we get someone on the line that people have actually heard of?

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 08:40:44 AM »

it's not who we heard of, but who the students would know and like. There was a discussion like this for Turgeon first MM too - lol.  I knew who J cole was because he was just emerging on the scene. He played at UK's MM At that time. I think Drake performed there too

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »

it's not who we heard of, but who the students would know and like. There was a discussion like this for Turgeon first MM too - lol.  I knew who J cole was because he was just emerging on the scene. He played at UK's MM At that time. I think Drake performed there too
lol, yea, he's one of the top rappers around (in good company with drake, kendrick lamar, and kanye, in my opinion).  people have heard of him.  getting drake and j cole is pretty crazy, uk definitely goes all out

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »

Thank you. He is making a nice splash in the music world. Probably Poison didn't know he also is a SJU alum. Anyway, I just threw out his name because one of his songs was playing on the radio as I was typing.